PDA

View Full Version : Today, I Am No Longer A Criminal !!!

PlanetRick
06-26-2003, 02:43 PM
TODAY, I AM NO LONGER A CRIMINAL !!!

I have been living in apprehension, due to the fact I have been in a same sex monogamous relationship with my partner for six years. We are very happy and still very much in love to this day. Living in Texas, we have had a fear that if someone doesn’t like us they can call the police and have us arrested because we live together, but that all changed today. Thanks to the US Supreme Court decision of Lawrence and Garner v. Texas we can now go about living our lives together no longer in fear of government intrusion.

Say what you will about homosexuality not being moral, but I pose to you this question? What is more immoral? Not encouraging or allowing two people who truly love each other to live together in a monogamously relationship so that they go out and sleep around and spread disease or allowing the two people to live together and form a family unit? Those who use the moral argument create the opposite effect that they intend to choose.

This is a big victory for everyone gay, straight, or bi. It means the government does not have a say what you choose to do in privacy of your home. Join me in celebrating !!!

Happy in Texas !!!!

STUART
06-26-2003, 04:52 PM
Congratulations, never realised that such small minded and outdated laws still existed in the land of the free!!!!

Good luck to both of you and everyone else who will benefit from not living in fear of a ludicrous and unfair law and the small minded people who have nothing better to do than enforce it.

BTW.... I firmly believe that you are born gay or not born gay, sexual orientation is not something you choose from a book, good luck and best wishes to you. From Stuart {in not at all small minded Wales}

Octopulse
06-26-2003, 07:12 PM
great post!

love is love, and any two adults should not have to hide it

congrats and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us

spin it
06-29-2003, 05:14 PM
D you know I think my wife would love the thought a policeman could turn up at any time ! I think its the uniform.Seriously though I was gobsmacked watching the news,not at the law so much but the mentality of so many wanting to keep it .Shall we all go and examine how closely they stick to their so called morales day to day.No lets not we know what we ll find.
Enjoy the freedom
best wishes
Dave

:cool:

itizuki
06-30-2003, 06:00 PM
Thanks for sharing a bit of your-self here... Yes, there are similar laws on small town books everywhere. I don't agree about being born gay or straight...I think we are born "innocent" of any sexual ideals. If we grow up having the desire for our own sex then so be it and it is no ones business what we all do in our private lives. (even though I am not into drugs it bothers me that people have to go through pre employment drug screening to get a job!)

Phantom spirit
07-08-2003, 08:21 PM
Congratulations - I was worried about whether that would work out O.K. Who knows what's next - maybe I can see some friends happily MARRIED before the next turn of the century.

BTW, was that law so old that the fine was two chickens and a pig? (No Texas jibing intended - just a historical reference) I can't believe six states or so still had something like that on the books.

preciousstone75
07-08-2003, 09:09 PM
I think really no man or woman has the right to threaten, belittle, or dominate any other human being on the face of the Earth. It is wonderful that you no longer have to live in fear, but regardless of what the law says, dear, there are still those who will never accept it. Not long ago it was against the law to share anything if you were Black, so just keep that in mind. Remember how long apartheid lasted and the world was more than advanced at the time when it began. I would still be cautious regardless, because life is never safe. Bless you both for your courage and bravery.;)

magical
07-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Congrats to both of you!
Love is a beautiful thing and no one should have to deny their love for another no matter what! Around that same date, a friend of mine & his life partner, adopted their 1st child. I was so happy for the 3 of them. Besides the couple being gay, they are white & were attempting to adopt a black boy. So they had a couple things going against them. BUT in the end they are now all VERY happy together. It is always nice to see love so precious like that!! Once again, KUDOS to you!

Tracy

PlanetRick
07-31-2003, 01:35 PM
Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support !!! I really appreciate all of you !!! I wish everyone had that attitude. This weekend we went to Louisana to see Rick Springfield. Before the show started, the guy in front of us kept yelling "Rick Springfield is a ******", and yelling "My wife thinks Rick is cute, but he only F*cks other ******s". This went on for about 10 minutes. I leaned foward and said, "excuse me I am gay, and I do not appreciate what you are saying, and for your information, Rick Springfield is not gay he is married". He started to mouth off, but his friend told him to shut up. Then his friends and wife turned to us and appologyzed. He sat there an pouted through the entire show. I can finally understand what people of other races or religions must go through. The world needs more tolerance and love.... Starting with the Pope and President Bush. With leaders such as the Pope and President Bush speading there biggotted views, no wonder people have the views that they do. Just wanted to say thanks again......

preciousstone75
07-31-2003, 02:00 PM
Yes, be careful at all costs... Law is one thing, but man's behaviour is contrary to it. Always has been, always will be.

FYI- lots of people say stuff just to **** you off. It takes the entire last braincell they have to attempt to complete a single thought process!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you for sticking up!:D