PDA

View Full Version : how did you meet your mate?

OuijaMama
06-30-2003, 05:46 PM
So how did you meet your mate? C'mon, give up the story. We meet and forget so many people in life, but when you meet a special person you never forget the day and the circumstances.
This is the story of Octopulse and OuijaMama (aka Brad and Mary)

Ah yes, the story of how we met.....It was a warm night in August and I had just gotten off of a grueling, hot, long shift at the dining facility that I worked at. To top things off, I didn't have a drivers license at the time and had to ride my trustee ten speed bike home(about a mile or so). No maybe it doesn't seem like a long ride, but after running my butt off all day I really didn't need any more exercise. Anyway...My younger sister had a key to my apartment, so when I got home I wasn't surprised to see her on my porch, but tonight she was sitting their with some other kid. Well I never got a real good look at this kid before they started hurling water balloons and cups of water at me, all I knew is the kid was some guy with brown hair, he took off running and I stood there dripping wet, from hair to shoes. Oh yeah, my lovely sibling took off too. Time to get even. All I could think of to do was go into my kitchen and fill my mop bucket with ice water and wait for the two little punks on the second floor balcony of my abode. And wait I did, for about an hour, it was getting dark, but I was patient. Soon I heard someone walking down the sidewalk and low and behold it was the kid with the brown hair (or so I thought). I waited until my victim was directly beneath me an let the water fall, to my shock it wasn't the right person, I'd hit a total stranger with 3 gallons of ice water. It was so funny the look on this guys face, pure shock, all I could say was oops, uh sorry, I thought you were someone else, and ran into my apartment. It wasn't five minutes later and here comes this good lookin' guy running up my stairs with his own bucket of water, he walked right into my bedroom and then slowly poured it over my head as I sat on the edge of my bed in disbelief, he then turned and walked away without saying a word, everything was drenched (me, my floors, the bed, everything). I found out later that night (after I finally got dry) that he was the brother of my sisters new friend. A week later I sent him a slice of homemade cake via my sister, and a week after that...well let's just say the rest is history. There's the beginning of our story. We left each other along the way, but we were never further apart than a thought. From time to time our paths would cross. We would catch up and move on. I have always felt that we needed to be separate in able to find our way back to each other. And we did. Twenty years to the day I soaked a stranger with a mop bucket of water we got married. :D

itizuki
06-30-2003, 06:49 PM
What a wild story:) ...Thanks for sharing. Let's see, it all started back in 1976 when I was 14 years old. The neighbor across the street had a pool party with a garage band and we had been invited. Well, we were having such a good time and I noticed this big guy with long dark hair parted on the side, geeky at the time you know, and sooo pale, this is Florida and everyone used to worry about being nice and tanned back before sunscreen. Anyways, he didn't catch my eye at the time. About 2 weeks later he rode up on his motorcycle across the street and definitely did get my attention. He had his hair parted down the middle and loose in the breeze, and he was not wearing a shirt on his now tanning broad shoulders. My sister and I went over to say hello and we started holding hands and going steady, KISS was my only album at the time and we played the heck out of it. Then we ended up parting ways, I did not want to get too serious at that age. We didn't see each other much for the next couple of years but I would always get that butterfly feeling when we would meet up. Finally, when I was 17 I was driving down the highway one day and he just happened to have a flat tire and was walking down the side of the road to get it fixed. I saw him from the back and knew instantly that it was him, we started dating and moved in together soon afterwards, funny how things fall into place like that.

Rain
07-01-2003, 12:54 AM
Interesting thread...cool stories... my brother, who is about 8 years my senior, used to bring home his friends all the time... several of them I thought were cute, but there was one particular one that caught my eye. He was maybe 17-18 and I was maybe 10. It wasn't until a couple years later that I saw him a LOT in our household, he became like another brother to me, he was very friendly and very likable... my whole family liked him. Little did I know he had an interest in me once I got a little older... until one night we were talking and he finally blurted out how he felt... then we dated for four years, then married... this month marks 12 years (16 total). My parents had a really hard time believing I was really in love, understandably, because he was my first boyfriend... it's so great being able to prove them wrong!!!!

fishnoises
07-12-2003, 09:40 PM
14 years ago, on a Saturday, I went to a night club with a work friend. I was only 20 at the time. The night club was 1/2hr away. I forgot my drivers license. I told my friend we have to go back and get it. She said no way forget it. I was insistant. For some reason, I felt I had to go into the club that night. (We went every weekend, but that night was important, and I did not want to not go.) So we drove back. At the club, I got pretty drunk. Life was not going well for me. The guy I liked blew me off, and my future looked bleak. ANYWAY, I remember sitting down, the dance floor a blur. Then a nice looking young man with spiked hair brought me a glass of water. It was like I was in a desert, and he saved my life. I stuck by him the rest of the night. It turned out he lived and grew up in the same neighborhood, and knew the same people that I did. We have been together ever since. It helped that he had a copy of "Shuttered Room" in his Buick Regal.
Fate is real. Listen to your stomach.
Caroline

preciousstone75
07-13-2003, 06:42 AM
:( God, I wish that would happen for me. . . . those stories are just so beautiful that I am like near tears. But I suppose that is what comes from being a muse, only my inspiration is what drives me instead of me being someone else's.

but reading those kind of make me hopeful. . .

spin it
07-13-2003, 04:40 PM
This is gonna sound sordid but its not Honest.
About 9years ago a really nice couple came and had some pictures taken at my portrait studio,they had just gotten married in Cyprus and wanted some official shots when they got back.
I remember thinking that they looked like a couple who had just been on the tv show blind date and were so in love.I was in love at that time so all was rosey.
4 years later and after an amicable spit from my partner of 12 years ,I went for a lads night out to celebrate moving in to my new house.I sat down with some old work mates when this woman came up to me and said "i remember you ,you did my wedding pictures,you were a miserable *******"
I had never been called miserable in my life so this got my attention.To cut a long story there we ve been together 5brill years and have the most beautifull 17 month old daughter.
Fate will get ya ,dont try to stop it.
c u if ya going to Swansea
Dave

preciousstone75
07-14-2003, 07:56 AM
that is so sweet. . .

Steve Pariseau
07-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Ok, this was a chick flick, I mean thread, before Dave chimed in so I'll go ahead and add.

One August 15th at midnight (It had just been the 14th) I left work and headed for home. I worked at a place that required a uniform so I'm looking TOTAL DORKO with brown slacks, white button up shirt, and brown cowboy boots. I worked in Stockton and my trip home took me down "the avenue" where everyone who is anyone would be cruising. I see my buddy Mike parked in a parking lot for a furniture store so I stop to see what's up (who know's maybe his car broke down or something). He says "Dude, stick around there's two chicks about to show up". Before I could say a word a VW Bug drives up with two chicks in it.

One of them, Anne had parents vacationing in Europe so Anne said "Let's party at my house" Party we did. And it has been 1 month shy of 18 years since Anne and I met. We've been married for 16 years now.

fishnoises
07-14-2003, 08:58 PM
And she still lets you say "chicks"????

Just giving you a hard time Steven. 18 years is awesome.
Caroline

Sunburn
07-14-2003, 10:57 PM
Geez, I must have the least romantic story around. My wife and I met in grad school. We had labs right next to each other and we'd often finish for the day around the same time and it'd be dinnertime, and we'd both be around, so we'd go out. We were good friends first, then off-again-on-again lovers, and then we both kind of decided to be on-again, permanently.
:)
Married six years now, one child, trying for a second one. Man, I love the trying part...
;)

spin it
07-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Just as an added extra to this thread (hope you dont mind)but those of you who are married did you have a Fixx song as your first dance?. I bet theres not one of you who did.

regards
Dave:cool:

fishnoises
07-16-2003, 02:28 PM
Nope--"Fields of Gold" by Sting was our wedding song. And this was chosen from listening to all my cds. Apparently this is a popular song now for the bridal couple. My brother and his wife chose it for their wedding, and he had no idea we did it as well. I was actually flabbergasted, I mean out of all the songs you can choose....he chose ours. (It actually kind of annoys me now that I think of it.)
CAroline

Sunburn
07-17-2003, 08:19 AM
My wife is a big oldies fan, so our wedding song was actually "Stand by Me."

But we did have the DJ play "One Thing Leads to Another" later in the wedding.

itizuki
07-17-2003, 06:18 PM
We had a small wedding at a chapel downtown. Afterward we all drove to a party/reception at our house. There was no actual "wedding song" per say. But since we are planning to renew our vows on our 25th I have chosen a Queen song - "One Year of Love" to be played then. ( 8-29-2006 )

Octopulse
07-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Great stories all!

from OuijaMama....
A week later I sent him a slice of homemade cake via my sister, and a week after that...well let's just say the rest is history.
I remember that well, the cake was good, but the pie that weekend was much better

from Sunburn....
we did have the DJ play "One Thing Leads to Another" later in the wedding.
I managed to sneak in a couple pics with my Fixx cap on myself, and nobody even batted an eye, they stopped expecting normal behaviour from me a long time ago

from Itizuki....
I have chosen a Queen song - "One Year of Love" to be played then. ( 8-29-2006 )
Excellent choice! I love the strings on that one

Cya's:D

Rain
07-20-2003, 09:23 PM
We didn't dance at all at our reception. My hubby disappeared after the wedding, and I was there to receive guests by myself for a while!! When he returned, we did the cake pictures and all and then shortly afterwards had to change to make our exit. My sister was not only my maid of honor, but also the reception entertainment (she plays the piano) and the only thing I can remember that she played was "Cuts Like A Knife" when we cut the cake. I think what I wanted as "our" song was Gordon Lightfoot's "Beautiful", but I have no idea if she played it or not... I had had only about 1.5 hours of sleep the night before!!