PDA

View Full Version : Give Me A Title

preciousstone75
08-10-2003, 01:50 PM
Piercing eyes penetrate the blue violet dusk, fastening to their quarry. When will I stop climbing trees? There he is unawares. I jump down with quiet ease.

His scent wafts on the breeze. I inhale, allowing it to intoxicate me. Like the creature of the night I slither through grass, unknowing in my stealth I've cut myself on glass.

The wind changes direction. Dark clouds drown the moon. I continue on my task ignoring the perpetual gloom.

Suddenly, I am drawn up by a surprising pair of arms. Looking over my shoulder, at once I am consumed by his charms. He lowers his head toward my own in time to hear my fevered moan :
"Gotcha"

Stephanie L. Billips 2001

spin it
08-13-2003, 03:03 PM
Precious stone.

I have read some of your poertry and it is lovely,I havent commented before because poetry is not something I normally take time out to read and therefore my knowledge is only what I learned in school.
This is my fav piece of your work simply because I get an image straight away.I m positive it will not be what you were thinking of but you know I m sure it can work on more than one level.
I see a child in wood/farmland playing hide and seek with her father. Please dont take offence at this ,I really enjoyed it and I rarely participated in lit class for fear of ridicule.

regards

Dave:cool:

forgot to give you a title ,hope my explanation helps with that.

preciousstone75
08-13-2003, 03:37 PM
SWEET!

Never thought of it that way! But I can see that too! And poetry is interpreted by the reader's vision, so no offense taken at all. . . look at who made Fixxture status- congrats!

spin it
08-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks Precious stone,I will look out for more of your work now
I know your cool and wont kill me !!!!!!!
It must have been good cos I ve been working up to that Fixxture status and I hadnt noticed till your congrats so thanks again.

Do you have a web page or link to your work?.Im not promising I would read it daily or anything but I would be more tempted to read poetry written by someone whos got something in common with me. ie Fixxture status!!!!!!

keep penning those lines
Regards

preciousstone75
08-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by spin it
Thanks Precious stone,I will look out for more of your work now
I know your cool and wont kill me !!!!!!!
It must have been good cos I ve been working up to that Fixxture status and I hadnt noticed till your congrats so thanks again.

Do you have a web page or link to your work?.Im not promising I would read it daily or anything but I would be more tempted to read poetry written by someone whos got something in common with me. ie Fixxture status!!!!!!

keep penning those lines
Regards

Look me up under Stephanie Lorraine Billips at http://www.poetry.com and I should have about twenty four there. The ones I posted here aren't on there yet. . . but you just may like the others. . .:D

spin it
08-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Hi precious stone 75,Stephanie I read 3 of which Haunted was my fav.These are really personal poems I think and if not then they are very convincing!!!!!!!!.
I will revisit the site in a week or two.Thanks for the link.

regards

Dave :cool:

Char
10-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Letter to My Son is beautiful.

preciousstone75
10-09-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Char
Letter to My Son is beautiful.

THANK YOU! It was my mother's day present to my son, who is turning 12 on the 28th of this month. I appreciate the time you took out to look at my work and am more than humbled that you found favor with it. Kewlness! :D

Char
10-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Keep writing preciousstone, I had mentioned in a previous post that I hope you find many ways of sharing your gift, maybe even teaching writing to others.

preciousstone75
10-18-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Char
Keep writing preciousstone, I had mentioned in a previous post that I hope you find many ways of sharing your gift, maybe even teaching writing to others.

You know, that's just the thing. . . it's like you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink. But a person has to develop their own style of writing, and work with it. I have to laugh at creative writing courses, because you can't teach anyone that kind of thing. Sure, you can give them examples of such, and perhaps give them guidelines for the style, but the real part comes from within. I teach, but I'll have to see exactly how far I can go with that. Same thing for painting. A true artist draws from their mind, not just copy what they see in front of them. I took one real art class, and I hated it because it slowed my own personal style down! LMAO!!! :D

But thank you, Char! Maybe I could do that with a younger group . . .