PDA

View Full Version : I know I still have my health and a lovely family but for tonight I m really pxxxxx o

spin it
10-13-2003, 03:18 PM
I would just like to thank the people who were buying my house and who have just wasted mine and my families time for the last 3 months,for saving us from having to move to the house of our dreams.That was exactly what we hoped you would do when you begged us to sell to you instead of the other 2 couples.

kind regards

Dave

:rolleyes:

STUART
10-13-2003, 05:20 PM
That sounds like a major f*****g ouch.....
Now if that was in France, I believe you would have recourse against the other party, I believe a campaign is already in swing for the financial regulators in the UK to adopt similar legislation.
They say that moving is the most stressful time, nah, I think building your hopes only for them to come crashing down, that is stressful. Good luck Dave.

Wilkie UK
10-15-2003, 05:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Dave :mad: I hope things get sorted out, soon :D

Steve Pariseau
10-15-2003, 08:35 AM
On this side of the pond we have what we call a "non-refundable deposit". Make sure you word that into your next contract.

spin it
10-20-2003, 03:20 PM
Thanx for your thoughts guys.luckily the people we are buying off are nice guys and gave us a chance to re sell ,which again luckily happened the next day!!!!!. Fingers crossed this time.I cant believe that legally we have no recompence here ,its totally mad.
regards
Dave.

ps I havent dissappeared , i m just up to my eyes at the mo.Hope you are all well.

Wilkie UK
10-21-2003, 04:11 AM
Great news Dave :D You'll have some new cds to listen to, by the end of the week ;) :D

Octopulse
10-25-2003, 05:21 AM
thats a good attitude alright, if you can find some humour out of that situation then Im sure you have enough positive attitude to make it all happen, good luck!

fishnoises
11-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Selling a home (keeping it clean and then waiting and waiting for a bite) and then packing, moving and unpacking is something I never want to do ever again. I get a sick stomach just thinking about it.
You will get your dreamhouse, you'll see. Hang in there because it is so worth all the frustration and anguish.
Caroline

OneThangDJ
12-07-2003, 01:19 AM
until my attorney threatened to sue he and his lawyer. It seems there was a first contract on this house with a home sale contingency, mine being the second contract with no contingencies.. I only owed $50k on my old house (which took another 6 mos to sell) so I was ready to close immediately. Well, the first contract buyers sold their house and threatened to sue him for not honoring their contract. The seller then tried to weasel out of my closing with him an hour before. Luckily, my lawyer was livid and threatened them right at the closing table :)

Know what you mean, this idiot was a real winner-I suspected something when he actually convinced the utility companies to cancel my orders for starting services the date of closing, changed the codes on the lockbox for my final inspection and never had his mail forwarded from this address (I get all his bills).

Wish you luck with potential NEW buyers, may they be truthful through until closing--it really can be messy out there.

Just remember that sometimes these disappointments happen for a reason. I went ahead with my closing, even though it was a mere 2 weeks AFTER September 11, 2001 (which had made many feel a little "iffy" about making big decisions). Next time you meet potential buyers, always go with your gut feelings :)

spin it
01-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Happy everything everyone,well thanx for the support but it went arse up again,however you know sometimes I can take a hint,and if it had all happened my family would be in a very difficult situation right now ,got a bit of help from someone looking after our interests on this one.

thanks to whoever

isnt life really curious when stuff like this happens?

regards from Gwernymynydd for a long time yet

Dave:D

Clive3
01-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Ouch goodluck wtith the rest....

Clive

OneThangDJ
01-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Hope everything works out....eventually.

I got my fingers crossed for ya, cause I *know* how much crap can happen when property is involved.

Wilkie UK
01-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by OneThangDJ
until my attorney threatened to sue he and his lawyer. It seems there was a first contract on this house with a home sale contingency, mine being the second contract with no contingencies.. I only owed $50k on my old house (which took another 6 mos to sell) so I was ready to close immediately. Well, the first contract buyers sold their house and threatened to sue him for not honoring their contract. The seller then tried to weasel out of my closing with him an hour before. Luckily, my lawyer was livid and threatened them right at the closing table :)

Know what you mean, this idiot was a real winner-I suspected something when he actually convinced the utility companies to cancel my orders for starting services the date of closing, changed the codes on the lockbox for my final inspection and never had his mail forwarded from this address (I get all his bills).

Wish you luck with potential NEW buyers, may they be truthful through until closing--it really can be messy out there.

Just remember that sometimes these disappointments happen for a reason. I went ahead with my closing, even though it was a mere 2 weeks AFTER September 11, 2001 (which had made many feel a little "iffy" about making big decisions). Next time you meet potential buyers, always go with your gut feelings :)

Yo Dave, As you're hanging around North Wales for a while....I'm holidaying in Llandudno in August, is that anywhere near you? My knowledge of the UK starts and ends with the southeast of England ;) :rolleyes: :D

spin it
01-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Hi Wilkie,
H N Y, yeah Llandudno is about half an hour away,nice place and plenty of nice places around there to.Remind me nearer the time and Ill give you some suggestions for days out if you want.
If you fancy a jaunt to Chester (45 mins) I will do a free family portrait for you ,how about that?

regards

Dave:cool:

Wilkie UK
01-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by spin it
Hi Wilkie,
H N Y, yeah Llandudno is about half an hour away,nice place and plenty of nice places around there to.Remind me nearer the time and Ill give you some suggestions for days out if you want.
If you fancy a jaunt to Chester (45 mins) I will do a free family portrait for you ,how about that?

regards

Dave:cool:

Hi Dave,

I'll drop you a line, nearer the time. Thanks for the offer of a portrait, that would be cool :D :D :D

Cheers

Wilkie