PDA

View Full Version : Get together's

Clive3
01-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Well i was jus wondeing like evry year all the poeple who post on here could like set 1 show or like place to meet at so like we can meet new people and know who we are all talking to and most of all just to know who our fellow fans are... If u like or not just g ahead and vote and we will see what we can do.....

Diamond05
01-28-2004, 10:17 AM
the alarm (mike peters) does this every year in Wales- in June.

devils advocate here...

Great idea, but if they did this- and everyone had to pick ONE show to attend... how many people who can only set aside their one vacation time and attended the one big show... and
how many then would have to miss the rest of the tour?

lower attendance at your home town's gigs and then they would not have them back if it didnt sell that well and then that would screw all of us for future gigs... (boy i'm in math mode right now sorry!)

one show = $ (pays for the plane ride here)

many shows = $$$ (pays the bills!)

Such an interesting topic....! i like it!

But i like the idea, and i would still do several shows i'm sure... cause i dont have kids yet! LOL!

Summer works best for me!

Clive3
01-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Yes it just might take some time to figure it all out.... Im not sure what we can do but im sure we can put something together...

Clive

Clive3
01-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Or what we coiuld do is have just people from each state get together and those of the people who would like to meet pepole from other states can do so... Any ideas???

Clive

tenohtwo
01-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Realistically, I could meet Fixxtures at an AZ, So-Cal, or Vegas gathering. Might I suggest a pre-show meal at In-N-Out? :)

Clive3
01-28-2004, 06:18 PM
LOL YYUUUMMMMMM :)

Clive

tenohtwo
01-28-2004, 06:32 PM
"..and I will have a 4 x 4, Animal Style, with a Neopolitan shake."

Go ahead, test my secret menu skills! ;)

I *usually* make a Cali roadie to catch The Fixx (AZ shows or not), so I would be down with a GT.

Actually, if the show's in L.A., I would have to stop at Pink's in Hollywood for a few hot dogs. That's right, A FEW!

Geez, must be dinnertime.

Clive3
01-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Yea, once we get a big group of people we can probably put this together :)...

Clive

itsmephil
02-03-2004, 06:40 AM
Well I think I may have met most of the northeast folks and it truly has been great. I've seen pictures from other shows around the counrty where other fixxtures are doing the same thing. Getting all groups together would be great.

How about we get the guys to play at the Magic Kingdom in Orlando. I mean you'd have a great loacation, you can still take the family vacation. should have good weather and we all know where it is :)

Just my 2 cents worth.

Phil

spin it
02-03-2004, 02:47 PM
Diamond 5, I live near Mike and those "Gatherings"as he calls them are cool.Excellent Idea in fact Wales would make a terrific venue for a Fixx get together,how about it lads and lasses?

regards

Dave:cool:

Clive3
02-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Not that im stupid but where is Wales???? if i knew i could give you a more direct answer....

clive

The Optimist
02-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Did you find it?
It's over there in England.

STUART
02-04-2004, 05:34 PM
It's the part of the UK, just to the west of England, before you get to Ireland,
http://www.idahowelshsociety.org/CymruTopo.jpg
birthplace of Tom Jones, Richard Burton, Anthony Hopkins, John Cale, (Velvet Underground), Bonnie Tyler, The Manic Street Preachers, The Stereophonics, and more importantly, a large proportion of the signatories of The American Declaration of Independence!
The largest ethnic group of signatories (16 in all) on the original draft of the American Declaration of Independence were Welsh! Thomas Jeffersons' family who came from Snowdonia spoke Welsh too!
So I have to bring this to your attention but Wales plays a major part in American history, any more questions? Where's Wales again?

One more thing:
Many people now believe the great (greatest?) rock & roll singer to swell his lungs on the planet Earth, the one and only Elvis Presley, may be of Welsh descent. The surname Presley actually comes from the world Preseli - a chain of mountains in mid-Wales! (the mountain range from whence the famous Bluestones at Stonehenge were hewn). And to make the story more believable there is an ancient Celtic church in the area called St Elvis's Church!

Okay, back to lurking, good idea though folks, time to organise a nationwide UK meet somewhere, maybe even try and book a band, anyone know of any good 5 piece outfits?

STUART
02-04-2004, 05:39 PM
http://www.famouswelsh.com/index.html

http://www.idahowelshsociety.org/index.html

Clive3
02-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Ohh Jeez im all the way in California of The U.S. :P.... Doesnt look that will work out to good hehe...

Clive

STUART
02-07-2004, 09:47 AM
that's a helluva journey to make Clive, but we're famous for our hospitality and you're welcome at any time!:D

Clive3
02-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Yea, i was planning in the futer to go to England some time, so maybe ill let u know when im on my way out there... :)

Clive

STUART
02-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Be great to meet up with you if you make it over here, don't make it in the next 2 months tho' - I'm off on one of my "Walkabouts" as Crocodile Dundee would say, starting soon in Amsterdam and who knows where after that, will try and send a postcard to the board from one of the internet cafes.

Wilkie UK
02-10-2004, 04:18 AM
Stuart, have a great time on your 'walkabout' :D I'm up for a fan meet some time. I'll be in North Wales in early August, so I'll probably be meeting up with Spin It ;) :D

Clive3
02-10-2004, 09:47 AM
LOL... It wont be that soon :P.... Have fun Stuart....

Clive

spin it
02-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Stuart,
Is this the walkabout where you aquire your dodgy dvds only available in Holland?
:D

with the greatest respect

Dave :cool:

STUART
02-13-2004, 03:55 PM
ahheermmm - now taking orders Dave ......;)

Will post an occasional e.card when I can

Will bring a DVD or 2 back for you Dave, any requests?

Know a great one, full of nuns and animals - :eek:

The Sound Of Music - hahahahhaha catch y'all soon.

spin it
02-16-2004, 03:11 PM
I know mate Im still receiving the royalties for that one:D

regards

Dave

spin it
02-16-2004, 03:13 PM
not the sound of music.....

shelby
02-20-2004, 11:12 AM
I know I've seen several folks from Texas in here. How about something for us in the central U.S.? (that is, if the band ever comes back to this part of the country!)