PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball American League

Clive3
03-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Well thanks Steve, hehe i wasnt thinking of that at the time :)...

CLive

SilentGeoff
03-27-2004, 08:26 PM
I lived in PA and they were easy to get tickets for. I LIVE & BREATH the RED SOX [Yankees SUCK!!!....had ta be said...hehehe]. Unfortunately for me Boston was too far for frequent visits but I follow "The Olde Towne Team" as much as I can.

Clive3
04-11-2004, 08:39 PM
I agree i dislike the yankees, i am sick of them winning... :):P:)

Clive

Steve Pariseau
04-13-2004, 02:42 AM
I've been known to favor the underdogs...

How 'bout those Tigers?
Off to a great start.

SilentGeoff
04-13-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
I've been known to favor the underdogs...

How 'bout those Tigers?
Off to a great start.

Hey Steve,
As my son, who I am trying to turn back into a rock music listener from his current rap music love, would say I'm more than willing to give the Tigers "props".

Clive3
04-13-2004, 10:29 PM
I bielve that the Tigers are doing awesome is becasue they have an influence and i admire I Rod for doing this. The amazin=g thing would to see them win the world series ;P

Clive

Steve Pariseau
04-30-2004, 06:25 PM
How 'bout those BoSox? The pitching staff went 32 innings without allowing a run - that's three shutout games before giving up a run to the Devil Rays.

Then, there is the ongoing streak of 32 innings that the bullpen has gone without allowing a run.

+ Derek Jeter had an 0 for 32 slump .

Man, I wonder if I should buy a lotto ticket with 32 in it?

Clive3
05-03-2004, 02:41 PM
I have to say, this is oging to be a good year for the two teams who dint go to the world series last year, being Sox and Cubs...

Clive

Fixxation
05-18-2004, 09:26 PM
Hello All,

Don't Forget the Angels! They are no longer in the outfield.

Fixxation

Clive3
05-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Hehe, true but can tehy keep it up?

Clive

Fixxation
05-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Hello Clive,

Yes!

Fixxation

Steve Pariseau
09-20-2004, 11:22 PM
As usual - the Spankies will have it wrapped.

Oakland and Anaheim will fight to the end.
Minnesota pretty much has no competition.

Boston (my fave along with Oakland) will have to keep up their pace to maintain wild card.

SilentGeoff
09-21-2004, 10:28 AM
as I told a friend of mine at the beginning of the season . . . the Sox will be in the running for the elusive World Series Championship and just when it looks like they'll be able to pull it out they will find a way to crush my spirit again [for reference see: Boone, Buckner, Dent, et al]. This time it just has happened a bit sooner than later. Well the Pats are playing good enough to win so all is OK til the next chapter of the heart wrenching Red Sox story continues....

Geoff

Clive3
09-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Boston all the way

hecubus
09-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Well, I'd be stupid to divulge who my favorite team is, so instead, I'll just say that I've been pulling for Texas. I work only two blocks down the road from the ballpark in Arlington. Of course, they're swiftly going down the tubes (as every year). Speaking of ballparks, all this corporate b.s. has me pissed. It used to be The Ballpark in Arlington, now it's Ameriquest Field. The street I work on is called Ballpark Way, nice and quaint...I guess they'll change the name now. Let's see there's Yankee Stadium, Camden Yards, and Fenway Park...are there any other holdouts??

Hecubus

skip63
09-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Sorry Clive but I'm all National League (Cubs) Maybe I should do the National League thread/poll? My brother was a big White Sox fan and used to drag me to alot of games during the early 80's. The old Comiski Park. I hated it because you had to go home after the game. Not a good neighboorhood. So in honor of my brothers memory I'll vote White Sox. Go white sox!:confused:

Steve Pariseau
09-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by hecubus
Let's see there's Yankee Stadium, Camden Yards, and Fenway Park...are there any other holdouts??

Hecubus

What about Jacobs Field? Have thay sold out? Or is it still Jacobs Field?

I'm bummed they've done that too. I recall Candlestick park selling name rights to 3Com. Most of the Giants and 9ers fans I hung with continued to call it "The Stick".

skip63
09-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
What about Jacobs Field? Have thay sold out? Or is it still Jacobs Field?

I'm bummed they've done that too. I recall Candlestick park selling name rights to 3Com. Most of the Giants and 9ers fans I hung with continued to call it "The Stick".

Wriggley started this mess. I don't mind if they keep the name but what happens is a corperation changes it's name and so does the parks name. Bank One Ballpark here in Phoenix is changing due to the fact, Bank One has been bought out. We all liked calling it B.O.B. Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego is now Qual Com stadium. If they ever touch the name of Soldier Field in Chicago I'll spit! It was named for the returning vets in WWII! Dont get me started Steve!

Crucified
03-21-2008, 12:27 PM
What are we voting on? Favorite team of best team? Must be favorite as Orioles got 3 votes.

shoeman
03-22-2008, 12:34 PM
My fave?

Although I'm a National League fan, I really do like the Indians. They're a fun team to watch.

So put me down for Cleveland.

:tup:

buffalo-girl
06-26-2008, 03:29 PM
sorry guys i have always loved the mets even though i don't follow them as much as i use to? still my favorite team!!! i hate the yankees also i think they are over rated myself? just my opinion!! dee:wave:

Angiekay
06-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by shoeman
My fave?

Although I'm a National League fan, I really do like the Indians. They're a fun team to watch.

So put me down for Cleveland.

:tup:

Rough year so far, Shoey. But hey! How bout dem Twins?! Nine in a row!

shoeman
06-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Yes, Angie, the Twins are playing great ball.

They're now challenging for first place in the AL Central......

Delfixxture
07-12-2008, 07:20 AM
Make their pitchers bat and then we can see a real baseball team. Otherwise-LET'S GO METS, LET'S GO METS, LET'S GO METS!