PDA

View Full Version : Pick The Next Single?

tatawayowayo
03-06-2004, 05:45 PM
If the Fixx were to release another single to radio, which would you choose to be the next release. Keep in mind, choose which track you feel would truly have the best chance at cracking the programming list of appropriate radio stations, and not simply your favorite track on WTL.

Clive3
03-07-2004, 01:24 PM
That was a tad bit tuff, hehe those are all great songs :)...

Clive

Mike Dillard
03-07-2004, 08:34 PM
First things first. What has been the reaction to "Touch"? Has any of the radio stations picked it up as part of their rotation? If a radio station has refused to play it, was it because they didn't think the song was hip enough, or was it because it wasn't from a group of twenty-somethings sponsored by the big media conglomerations?

And what about the video? Did VH1 or anyone else play the winner of the first ever Digital Music Video Award?

The music is as great as ever. What do the boys need to do to get a little favorable publicity?

In Suspence,

Mike

dejapete
03-07-2004, 09:06 PM
I'm with Clive. This makes you think. It would be easy if a Fixxture favorite was made a hit. Hey...Perhaps they should go on a limb and go by what we think.

But keeping with the thread, here are my thoughts based on what the non-Fixxture masses might think:

At first, I thought "Brave" would be good. It sounds like Elton John's "Philiadelphia Freedom". But who remembers that song anyway? Maybe too old style?

"Taking the Long Way Home" is a good singalong, but it perhaps has too many changes?

"Roger and Out" is too Fixxy?

"No Hollywood Ending" could be too boring.

"Want That Life" is maybe a good "flip side" or third release, but it's kind of monotonous.

"You Don't Have to Prove..." is a strong 2nd track on the album. Good single? Not sure.

"'Straight 'Round the Bend" is too montonous?

"Are You Satisfied?" is a Fixxture favorite. It might make a good "flip side". The major 7 chord progressions are catchy.

My vote is "We Don't Own the World". It has a danceable beat to it. I could see an exended mix being made.

And yes, Mike, It's funny. This is the most radio friendly album to date by the Fixx. So why don't we hear the songs or see the video? I get the impression the band wants to be discovered by doing live shows and developing a following by word of mouth. Noble enterprise, but I'm not sure of their chance of success.

Addendum:
Oops, I voted for "Brave" by mistake. Anyone out there, please give "We Don't Own the World" a vote if you agree with me.

Steve Pariseau
03-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by mitraria
...Oops, I voted for "Brave" by mistake. Anyone out there, please give "We Don't Own the World" a vote if you agree with me.

Correction was made for you.

Clive3
03-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Hehe, gotta love the mods ;)

Clive

heimo
03-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Just wondering that nobody chooses "Want that life":confused:

Norma
03-16-2004, 05:08 AM
I did :-)

Diamond05
03-18-2004, 06:40 PM
maybe they should rename this poll.. which song would you like to hear this time around????

i rather hear the some of the new ones and drop a coupla of the songs we've all heard a zillion times...

my opinion, prove yourself could be shorter, like woodlands it seems to be a jam and hesitant on where/when it should end... a little long for me- SOGOTP!

my picks would be....

for a single: RU satisfied...

atthe show: round the bend, long way home, and TOUCH as the opener kicks royal hiney STILL! :)