PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Support

Fixxation
03-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Hello Fixxtures,

I would like to urge all Fixx fans to get out this summer and support the band. I saw The Fixx at the House of Blues in Anaheim and they were great! I had seen that they were going to play in San Pedro, CA in May, The Temcula Balloon and Wine Festival in June and The Broadwalk in Santa Cruz in August. I think this would be a great year to show our appreciation to the band by making it out to the concerts and buying their CD's. Groups like The Fixx are being "Driven Out" and all this rap crap is has taken over the radio. Let Cy and the rest of the Band know that their music means something to us and we are willing to support them. Let your friends listen to there music. I have created about 10-12 fans just by playing their music at work or in my car. If we don't make the effort to support The Fixx, they could become an endangered species too. I have all the Fixx albums and I can honestly say that there are atleast 4 to 5 great songs on any album. In today's world, you are lucky to have more than one good song on an album.

Thanks for listening,

Fixxation

itizuki
03-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Hey, what an idea!...is this deja vu or what?.... welcome back newbie...lucky you to have seen the band already this year. I will probably have to wait until close to turkey day....boo hoo!:(

Fixxation
03-31-2004, 12:30 AM
Hey Kat,

Perhaps you should Chase the Fire and come to California after all its Straight Around The Bend. Don't take a Liner because you could be Going Overboard. Where is your Sense Of Adventure? I think you might Treasure It if you went to the Temcula Balloon and Vine Festival. There are always Two Different Views so you may prefer the Santa Cruz Broadwalk concert. Some People might like to visit Carmel and San Francisco. You can Walkabout or go Running once you Reach The Beach. You may be Driven Out by the smog which causes Red Skies at night. We have an Ocean Blue which is a Privilege. Things are always Changing here I don't have A Shred Of Evidence to support this claim however. Anyway, I hope my reply has not given you Cause To Be Alarmed.

Fixxation

itizuki
03-31-2004, 08:50 PM
"If only..." - Thank You very much for the invite over but alas my life is not entirely my own. Perhaps in another life??? Meanwhile, Love to all Fixxtures, and to newbies too! :)

Fixxation
04-01-2004, 12:52 AM
Hello Kat,

I am not giving up. You are taking a vacation and your coming to California to see The Fixx. You can bring the kids and take them to Disneyland. Who knows One Thing May Lead to Another. You know you Once Held Hands. You must travel Outside Florida. I promise you it will be Sweet Pandemonium. So stop Going Without. You can be A Woman On A Train or get on a Lost Plane and Fly out here. Kat, Are You Satisfied with missing The Fixx? So be Brave. You must Chase The Fire. Or you will have No Hollywood Ending. Take The Long Way Home and think about.

Roger and Out,

Fixxation

Fixxation
04-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Hello Fixxures,

Well I put my money where my mouth is. Bought my tickets for the San Pedro show today. What a lineup! Look forward to seeing all the fixxures there.

http://www.concertsonthewaterfront.com/purchase/

Bands on the bill this day are:
The Psychedelic Furs
Berlin featuring Terri Nunn
The Fixx
General Public

Tickets are $35, plus a $5 service fee. This is an e-ticket show, you'll get an e-mail confirmation that you will have to bring with you as your ticket.

Roger and Out,

Fixxation

Clive3
04-05-2004, 09:52 AM
WELCOME, to the board

Clive

Fixxation
04-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Hello Everyone,

For you people who live in Northern California, www.pollstar.com has The Fixx playing at the Fat Cat in Modesto, CA on May 19, 2004. I wish I could go to that concert. I have seen The Fixx in a small venue like the Fat Cat and they are FANTASTIC! For those of you that live close to Modesto make the effort to see them.

Roger and Out

Fixxation

LeoEvon
04-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Hi, Im new. Nice to meet all of you. Well, I just want to say that Im glad I found this site and am also a fan of the Fixx. Im glad they're still around. I hope to see them in concert sometime soon. Also, Fixxation, I happen to like some rap myself and I must say that not all rap is crap. Theres alot of good hip-hop around that does not get mainstream play. Unfortunatly, hip-hop faces the same problem of corporate media glamour and facism. The only rap most people hear is the degenerated and explioted "Gangster-rap" that is used to. Besides the rap you may have heard, rap is basically very poetic, political, artistic, as well as entertaining. Its what is known as "underground hiphop". One of the reasons I really like The Fixx is because they were always very political, honest, and loving (and I dont mean loving as in "I wanna sell a record and make you light a candle" Love. I mean "I see an injustice that can be prevented for the sake of all of us being happy" Love). Anyways, I just thought Id mention something that you may not be aware of.

"every person is a star, so let your light shine far.." - K-Os
LeoEvon:)

Fixxation
04-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Hello LeoEvon,

Thanks for your posting. I agree with you that not all Rap is crap. I think groups like the Black Eyed Peas are writing good songs. I am talking about all the songs about *****es and Woes. I am a parent and I do not want my kids listening to all the filth. I did not mean to lump all rap together. Your point is well taken. I just get frustrated that a group like The Fixx writes great music and most people in the mainstream have no idea who they are. Yet, I hear absolute garbage on the radio all day.

Thanks for your comments my intention is not to bash anyone or anyone's taste in music.

Happy Easter,

Fixxation

P.S. I see you live in Fontana so I expect to see you at the Temcula Wine and Balloon Festival to see The Fixx.