PDA

View Full Version : THE FIXX RETURNS TO THE CONCERT CIRCUIT

otis robb
05-01-2001, 12:20 AM
THOUGHT ID TURN YOU ALL ON TO AN ARTICLE I STILL HAVE FROM SOME 10 YEARS AGO FROM THE 'ATLANTA CONSTITUTION'. IT WAS PUBLISHED THE DAY MY WIFE AND I SAW THE FIXX AT CENTER STAGE IN ATLANTA ON 4/21/91(THE 'INK' TOUR)

The Fixx would like you to know that they're still around! After taking two years off to record its latest album "INK", the British
pop combo has resurfaced. "INK" was released in February and the band has begun a seven week U.S. tour that lands at Atlanta's Center Stage Theatre tonight.
"As far as most people are concerned, we have disappeared for the last two years," says Jamie West-Oram, lead guitarist for The
Fixx. The band spent that time recording "INK" at studios in New York, Los Angeles and London. Its the bands' first disc since "Calm Animals" a few years back and its also the first for IMPACT RECORDS,
a new fledging record label. The Fixx mad a big splash on the U.S. music scene in 1983 with their million seller lp-"REACH THE BEACH". But as the 80's passed, the band found its success slipping away. Their albums met with less favorable receptions, and MCA RECORDS dropped the group after releasing a sort of 'greatest hits' live package "REACT" in 1987.
After signing with RCA RECORDS and turning out "CALM ANIMALS", the band scored a No. 1 hit with "DRIVEN OUT" But in the midst of working on their "INK" release in 1990, the group was dropped by the label.
Some of the group's frustrations in the last few years was reflected in the lyrical content of "INK". Says Jamie, "The record deals with subjects like greed and selfishness in songs such as the new single,"HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH."
The band's live show reflects some changes as well. "Band members have settled down and started families, which has led to a different atmosphere on recent tours including this one." "When we started out, we were all single." "It was like one great big party, so being on stage was just part of it." "I think its better this way now."
"We're a much stronger band because I'm out here to play live...better make a damn good jobto justify being out here and being away from the family!"
IF YOU'RE GOING
The Fixx plays Tuesday at 8:30 P.M. at Center Stage, 1373 W. Peachtree St. Gregg Tripp opens the show. Tickets are $13 and are available at Ticketmaster Outlets and The Center Stage box office or to charge by phone at 249-6400.

IS THAT IT??? Listen appreciate absorb and no it wasnt just me dreaming...live and visually a 'permanent fixxture' in our minds from a space in time in just over 10 years ago. OR Peace to all