PDA

View Full Version : pick ONE song from ago....

Diamond05
04-11-2001, 11:13 PM
If Cy leaned over in the crowd and put YOU on the spot and asked you to pick the next FIXX song.....
You would pick what......

At Potsdam NY, 1989 Calm tour- Between songs of the encore, I told Jamie I wanted to hear RUNNING.... Guess what the next song was....... no more feelings of doubt! LOL!

Again this is probably highly unlikely that they'll play every person's request (especially drunk idiots yelling "red-skies" at the end of the opening song!)
But pretend this was a dream....
" You are verrrry sleeeeepppy!" LOL
Have Fun

PS: The snow is almost gone here....
Now it's off to NYC - Maybe go see the new Alarm
this Friday at the same place the fixx played last fall!

[This message has been edited by Diamond05 (edited 04-11-2001).]

SuperSurly
04-12-2001, 11:37 AM
Definitely "Going Overboard." However, they'd probably tell me that they don't remember how to play it anymore, so then I'd have to say "Changing" or "The Sign Of Fire."

miked26
04-12-2001, 12:08 PM
Since Elemental is my new favorite album, I would have to pick Ocean Blue as my top pick with Is That It as my 2nd choice. I do have to add an honorable mention song though. I would love the guys to sing Climb the Hill, this would be of course to see Madman on vocals.

itizuki
04-12-2001, 08:04 PM
You know how you will have a song in your head and find yourself singing it every time you turn around? Well, for me that song is HAPPY LANDINGS - Elemental. But for a live show and remembering how the crowd reacted to the following I'd have to choose "Are We Ourselves?" for my request. Kat

mctalg
04-12-2001, 11:57 PM
This is a tough question since there are so many great songs to choose from, but if I had to pick one song it would be "The Strain." I love to put "Shuttered Room" on, and turn the volume way up for "The Strain." The song often gets lost among the many classics on this release. Goodness knows that's easy to do since it is sandwiched between "Stand or Fall" and "Red Skies." A second choice would be "Sunshine In The Shade," but that song is more well known; so my vote goes for "The Strain." Does anyone else love this song too, or am I the only one?

miked26
04-14-2001, 07:35 AM
Hey mctalg, you are definately not the only one. I love the song as well. I used to listen to it alot. It is definately a song for the ages since during its release, the main talk was nuclear war. "In Wash-ing-ton, the red but-TON, one push and the whole world is gone!" That line just makes the song great. I'll have to give the cd another spin so I can hear it again.

Jen
04-19-2001, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by itsmephil:
IS THAT IT? After All!!

YA-YA-YA YA YA!!!!
I'm with you on this one Phil

ebaby_t1000
04-19-2001, 06:16 PM
Going Without.......The Happy Landings version. E

itsmephil
04-20-2001, 01:58 AM
IS THAT IT? After All!!

YA-YA-YA YA YA!!!!

guido
04-21-2001, 05:17 PM
Q - U - E - S - T - I - O - N

no doubt!

guido
04-21-2001, 05:37 PM
...and there's a special reason for it:

In the mid 80's i was interviewed on a local dutch radio station about my band/music activities. I brought some recordings from my own band and: Question - The Fixx. All were airplayed the same radio show...

Octopulse
04-21-2001, 08:12 PM
My choice would have to be Facing The Wind because its one of those gems that doesnt get played live or mentioned enough in my opinion.

Octo

[This message has been edited by Octopulse (edited 04-21-2001).]

davewick
04-30-2001, 07:33 PM
Definitely 'Reach the Beach'. Even the artwork on the cover of this LP is captivating. No one's mentioned it yet, so I had to chime in.

I've actually been all over the net tonight looking for sheet music for this one. I thought a band of this vintage might have their work transcribed somewhere, but I haven't seen it yet.
Has anyone found tab or chord files for any Fixx songs? I've found Saved by Zero, but that one was easy anyway.

itsmephil
05-01-2001, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by ebaby_t1000:
Going Without.......The Happy Landings version. E

Your right ebaby.

Definitely number #2 on my request list!!!

MK
05-05-2001, 11:34 AM
Man, a lot of great ones, but I have to say The Fool. (Especially because they played it last time around - but NOT IN TORONTO!)

Hmm. I could also make a case for Phantom Living...