PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Internet hook-ups

jim
08-16-2004, 03:23 PM
This weekend I was in Lombard Illinois at the Comfort Suites. They had a free internet connected computer in the lobby for the guests. Lots of people checking e-mail, Yahoo, etc.

I got to work. I went to the Fixx.com site and put it in the list of internet favorites and made a shortcut on the desktop (with the big e icon). Now hopefully everytime anyone goes on there they may click the Fixx button to launch Internet Explorer and go directly to the Fixx web site.

Every time I walked past the computer over the weekend I clicked on the Fixx shortcut to send the screen to the Fixx.com site. I noticed several people who took a peek at it from my vantage point in the hot tub.

For the final gravy, I went into the MY COMPUTER icon, then CONTROL PANEL, then DISPLAY, and clicked on screensaver. Clicking on marquee, I set the screensaver marquee to scroll the following message " Live -Saturday, August 28th, Kokomo, Indiana- World's best live band - THE FIXX". I set the screensaver to kick in after 2 minutes, and just like magic. FREE FIXX advertising.

Every person coming in the hotel walks right past the computer, and I made sure that the FIXX dominated the screen for most of the weekend. It was a big sacrifice, as I had to spend hours in the pool and hot tub just to make sure it go reset if someone used the computer. But I was willing to make that sacrifice for the band.

Using technology to our advantage at hotels all across America, Jim from Wisconsin

Clive3
08-16-2004, 08:07 PM
Great job Jim... These are the kinds of things that us as street teamers need to do :D.... Keep up the good work... :D

Clive