Everything that happens is a part of God's plan
Today I sit here in this class
Half-listening to the lesson as the hour ticks past
And these words as they flow from this pen:
"If we could start over, where would we begin?"
Jesus saves, but many withdraw
If only all knew the covenant of the Law
Wouldn't it be good if we all could just stop-
Violence, bloodshed and crime dramatically drops?
But this Earth is far from perfect, and the path is so dark
Change begins with me, so here is my part:
"I love you all, and will continue to pray
May the love of God touch you each and every day
May He keep you safe and secure from all harm
And ever hold you in the cradle of His Arms"
I stretch my hand to you across the land
Hoping to make Love into a great strand
Linking together by joining one another
And will be ever sisters and brothers
Amen (it is finished)

Cygnet
09-21-2004, 02:03 PM
A special poem! It was an unreal day for all of us. Who is Aaliya? ...or who WAS Aaliya?

Clive3
09-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Whoever it was, they shall be in my prayers forever...

Cygnet
09-21-2004, 03:08 PM
I've been trying to reach you (unsuccessfully). I just sent you an email. Please let me know if you get it. Thanks!

(Sorry this has nothing to do with the poem)

Clive3
09-21-2004, 08:00 PM
I just got one of em now....

preciousstone75
09-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Aaliyah was a young R&B singer whose plane crashed in the Bahamas August 25, 2001. She and eight of her crew perished in the crash. If you have heard any of her music, she is truly gifted and has the voice of an angel. I recommend "At Your Best (You Are Love)", an old Isley Brothers classic she remade for her debut album Age Ain't Nothin' But a Number. I am pleased that you found such favor with this poem. Thank you.

preciousstone75
09-22-2004, 10:59 AM
If there were way I could post my other work here, I would most definitely love to share it with you. I have been writing for 21 years. Short stories and things have always been my way of venting.. If you would like to read any, let me know and I will see if I can upload it.

peace out

Steve Pariseau
09-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by preciousstone75
If there were way I could post my other work here, I would most definitely love to share it with you.

You should create a website Precious to share your stuff with anyone.

preciousstone75
09-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
You should create a website Precious to share your stuff with anyone.

You know, that's not a bad idea at all. . . brain blast! :D

SilentGeoff
09-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Yeah the website idea is a good one. You could add it once it's up and going to the little button thingies on here or as part of your signature so all here can access it. Heck I'd even put it as a cool link on my Yahoo profile to help get the word out.

Geoff

preciousstone75
09-02-2005, 11:11 AM
I hope they are well in New Orleans. . . say a prayer for our recent tragedy- it's a damned shame it takes us so long to help our own citizens. Not that I'm knocking what we did for the victims of the tsunami, but damn, the president sure is backwards at times! what took them so long to get down there and handle business?

always something. . .

for those of you who are helping (and believe me, I would if I could afford it), bless you.

Cygnet
09-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Rob and I have both been tangled in heart knots this last week over the recent - what I would call "apocalyptic" - tragedy in the South. It's really frustrating not being able to just run over there and help them. I've decided to look at best-case scenario: That the people down there will receive so much love and outpouring from their fellow Americans that the whole racism thing will completely dissolve amid the caring. Those who were disposed toward being racist or who flat-out ARE, will feel the chagrine...They'll be too ashamed of themselves to ever think like that again. I'm quite the dreamer, aren't I?
Now...how to get our love and help TO these people!!! That's what's so frustrating. Right now it's down to money and prayers. I was torn up about the tsunami victims and now here it is on my own shore and what am I doing to help? I'm not surprised the government was so slow...Clinton didn't help with the Laguna Beach fires here and we all knew it was because this region hadn't voted for him. It seems to be a Presidential way of doing things.
Okay, seems I've headed in a negative direction. Please let this tragedy bring us together. Please, Lord!

preciousstone75
09-11-2006, 10:00 AM
A moment of silence for our fallen soldiers (and civillians). . .

eternal flames in the darkness. . .