PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your eggs?

skip63
11-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Ya, another one of Skip's silly threads. Humor me.

Char
11-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Stirred, not shaken and preferably in ‘Nog.

are ya humored?:D

Steve Pariseau
11-19-2004, 12:37 AM
My mom made the BEST deviled eggs EVER. My sister makes them too. And lucky for me my brother in law has somehow mastered them as well so there will be pleny o dose hors douvres on Thursday (Thanksgiving).

As far as breakfast goes, I like my eggs over easy. Love to mop up the spilled yolk with a hot piece of wheat toast. Mmmmm, sooo goooood!

dejapete
11-19-2004, 03:21 AM
Raw, from a glass at the break of day before I work out for my next fight. Wait......that's Rocky.

Actually, I like mine well done...boiled or over hard. (not on the list)

My wife orders them basted. I think it's like poached, but with butter spooned on top. It goes well with corned beef hash.

Yum...time for breakfast.

Oh. And real men don't eat quiche.

deBASHmode
11-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Like mine eggs all a scramble.

Toast? Make mine sourdough - it was invented specifically to be spread with butter and Marmite. Mmmmmmm. :)

Jeanne Thelen
11-19-2004, 01:05 PM
That's a tough one.. because I am one of those silly people who if they think about what they are eating ..I get all grossed out and my cats benefit fom my stupid, silly ,behavior ... (refer to the "what's this song about ?" thread for refrence) But I am in agreement with Debash,, scrambled .. or an omlet.. the less they look like the orginal form the better!!!!!! Sourdough with plenty of butter and homemade jam... YUM... Now I am hungry..:) Jeanne

skip63
11-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Is the sourdough bread is a San Fransisco thing?

deBASHmode
11-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Well, SF and west coast. Much easier to find it out here, it seems, than in the rest of the country. Yum!

heimo
11-20-2004, 02:18 PM
I always loved my breakfast in the usa, getting as much coffee i can drink , some orangejuice and scrambled eggs with ham or sausages and toast. But I never eat that when I am back in germany. I like to stay in bed as long as possible so i am always in a hurry to get to work. There is just time for a short coffee and a muesli...

Noreen
11-21-2004, 04:31 AM
I like mine usually scrambled but I also like them sunny side up and like Steve said, with some toast to soak up the yolk (but I like white bread instead of wheat). Hard boiled is good too, either in sandwiches or just even plain sometimes.

skip63
11-21-2004, 10:47 PM
I make the best toasted over easy egg sandwich you ever had
and I'll use sour dough bread for you bay area people.:D

I got this off some bread history site:Here in the United States, sourdough bread really came into being during the early history of California. During the gold rush days of the mid-1800s, prospectors carried sours in their knapsacks as starters for leavened bread baked in their encampments. Indeed, the term "sourdough" was so linked with this period in our history that the connation of "sourdough" was used to describe these early prospectors.

Clive3
11-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Scrambled!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dad makes the best scrambled eggs...

preciousstone75
11-23-2004, 08:58 AM
scrambled, preferably inside a breakfast burrito, or with salsa on them with a thick slice of ham on the side. . . now why y'all gotta be talkin' about breakfast and I am doomed to bad breakfast hell with preschoolers???

lmao

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D

xtctom
12-01-2004, 01:58 AM
Gotta be suuny side up so I can soak up the yoke with wheat toast as much as possible. I always always do that. A few restaurants offer sour dough, but it's not as popular as regular white, wheat or rye toast in my area. I love breakfast burritos, but good ones are hard to find here. Like omelettes too. The only thing I don't like are bagels. I just don't understand their popularity.

hecubus
12-01-2004, 08:48 AM
I like mine over medium, which is fried with the yolk still runny but the white completely done. Can't stand runny white! Then I smash them up and pour ketchup over them, sopping up the whole mess with a biscuit. Scrumptious!

xtctom
12-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Gross, but deeeeelicious!!! Love it!
:D

Raych the Beach
12-05-2004, 01:04 PM
How can you have a poll about eggs without mentioning over light AKA over easy? It would definitely be in first or second place at this point. Over Medium and Over Hard should be mentioned as well. I think we should start over. OH! And what about omelettes????

Steve Pariseau
12-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by hecubus
I like mine over medium, which is fried with the yolk still runny but the white completely done. Can't stand runny white! Then I smash them up and pour ketchup over them, sopping up the whole mess with a biscuit. Scrumptious!

Your wish is my command.
They've been added.

Anyone wishing to change your vote just PM me with your change.

pipsqueak
12-08-2004, 08:34 PM
:o { preferably on someone else... ...

;)
X0xox0X
me®

shoeman
05-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Scrambled, please. With a biscuit.

Thanks for asking......

msmith1
05-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Scrambled, browned with lots & lots of tabasco sauce and jalapeno rings. Plus 1/2 a ruby red grapefruit, and 1/2 slice buttered toast.
YUM!!!
Kim:)

dee
05-19-2007, 05:21 PM
i love mine sunny side up with wheat bread soak up the yolk with the toast then put the white parts on my toast and eat it also love deviled eggs too my sis makes them the best. hubby is pretty gross he puts ketchup and syrup on hissunny side up eggs also ketchup and syrup on his pancakes good thing we don't eat them that much too fattening. i love ketchup on alot of things but not pancakes yuck dee!:wave:

Carrie
05-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Now, normally I am not a picky eater, but eggs are one of the few exceptions...if I eat them any other way than scrambled, in a frittata, quiche, or well-disguised in a recipe, I get violently ill! I could probably eat omelettes, but hardly ever do.

I think it all stems from my mother's one attempt to put me in daycare, where they tried to force me to eat egg salad and things went horribly wrong. My mother didn't make me go back, and the place was shut down for child abuse not long after.

My mom is a huge fan of egg salad herself, though, so when I was young and she'd start making it, I had to leave the room because the smell made me want to york!!!

Diamond05
05-20-2007, 10:19 AM
i'm with XTC Tom with soaking up the part with some good toast-

But i also love a bottle of good hot sauce nearby when eggs are in the house!

;)

Steve Pariseau
05-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I like mine exactly like dee. Hm, we should get together for breakfast someday dee :D

preciousstone75
05-20-2007, 01:33 PM
preferably green and with ham!:laugh:

dee
05-20-2007, 04:48 PM
your on steve anytime! as long as you don't put ketchup on pancakes that is lol dee:wave:

msmith1
05-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Another yummy way for eggs...
Make up french toast--but add chocolate malt ovaltine to the batter--chocolate french toast! Especially great with natural blueberry preserves and slivered almonds on top!
Kim

:)

The Queen
05-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Never saw a 'soft-boiled' option, so I opted for sunny side up, just as long as they run like hell.

Fixxation
07-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Hello Skip,

I like my eggs like I like my women hard:) No, actually I like them over easy.

Fixxation

musegirl
07-19-2007, 01:35 PM
So, I guess I need to step forward as a health-conscious fogey and admit that while I have eggs all of the time, I find myself sneaking the Egg Beaters in these days. Still love the sunny side up and the hard boiled, but last night I made quiche and I find that the low cholesterol alternative is a decent replacement.

The Queen
07-19-2007, 02:59 PM
I make a killer green salsa, and if you poach eggs in that you have a lovely 'green eggs dish' best served with crusty French bread, and my husband likes to add ham on the side, seems he cannot resist green eggs and ham.

Carrie
08-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Wish I'd thought to answer this way before...

Plastic, shaken, and in Cy's right hand. :p

F1xx F@n4
08-03-2007, 06:11 PM
How do you like my eggs?

Fried
Scrambled
Poached
Deviled
Omelete
Hard Boiled
Soft Boiled
French Toast

tenohtwo
08-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Incubated

dejapete
08-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Hard Boiled

You know why?

Because you can't beat 'em! :laugh:

TatGirl
08-11-2007, 02:18 PM
dejapete -- funNY!! :p

Carrie -- LOVE that answer!! Enough to share???

:wave:

Carrie
08-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TatGirl

Carrie -- LOVE that answer!! Enough to share???

Hehehe...well, I've seen (pics of) Cy with several different colors of egg shakers, so there should be enough to go 'round :) If the Fixx store stocks the autographed ones again, I think I'm going to buy one!

As a related aside, one of my co-workers has been drinking some cranberry concoction lately, and another teases her constantly about her "wine". She also gesticulates with her hands in a manner that reminds of Cy sometimes, so I tell her that I'm going to get her an egg shaker to make the performance complete (well, er, I'd have to get her a good singing voice, too)! Hehehe...

pipsqueak
08-13-2007, 07:18 AM
inside out & upside down

1. Slang A drink made from a whole raw egg yolk, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper that is taken as a palliative for a hangover or as a cure for hiccups.

or

25 mls Ciroc vodka 10ml Worcestershire Sauce Soya lectine 20ml Clarified tomato juice Dash oil Dash vinegar Celery salt Pepper Tabasco Finely chopped shallots

:o { H~icc'Up !

STUART
08-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Soft boiled with granary bread soldiers

TatGirl
08-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Stuart, what are granary bread soldiers??? :confused:

STUART
08-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Stuart, what are granary bread soldiers??? :confused:

Over here when we have soft boiled eggs, we get a slice of toast and cut it into strips to dip into the yolk and make a right mess.
The slices of toast are called soldiers and granary bread is wholemeal bread with all the bits left in, the husks and grain etc.

STUART
08-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by F1xx F@n4
How do you like my eggs?

Fried
Scrambled
Poached
Deviled
Omelete
Hard Boiled
Soft Boiled
French Toast

Same question when asked to my wife, Lisa, was replied to with the answer:

UNFERTILIZED THANKYOU

TatGirl
08-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the info Stuart!

and your wife has the right idea...no 2nd family for me thanks! I'll take GRANDkids now, NO more kids!! :D

Regards,
Robin

STUART
08-14-2007, 11:50 AM
No sign of any grandkids yet, my eldest is just 14 but here's my littlest one Erin, she's now 17 months, walking, running, climbing stairs and generally keeping me on my toes..

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/trawlsthesoul/DSC00294.jpg

and here's me - doesn't get her good looks from me that's for sure

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/trawlsthesoul/stu.jpg

dee
08-15-2007, 04:12 AM
hey stuart great pics thanks for sharing with us your baby is adorable what a cutie i could just squeeze her!!! lol sorry i get carried away i was not able to have kids and she is just so sweet love those cheeks dee:wave: ;)

TatGirl
08-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Oh Stuart, she is aDORable!! They're so much fun at that age...everything is so new & amazing to them.

(and don't sell yourself short, my friend -- you're not such a bad looker at that!! ;)

Take care!
Robin

STUART
08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh Stuart, she is aDORable!! They're so much fun at that age...everything is so new & amazing to them.

(and don't sell yourself short, my friend -- you're not such a bad looker at that!! ;)

Take care!
Robin

Aaaawww shucks.... http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/trawlsthesoul/smiley_blush.jpg

STUART
08-15-2007, 12:04 PM
what's all this got to do with eggs anyway, isn't is wonderful how posts on this board go off in the totally different directions from the way they started.

Tatgirl
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam, circum spice"

" [If you are seeking a amenable (pleasant) peninsula, look around you] ...

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/trawlsthesoul/23359660.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/trawlsthesoul/2005-06_EOS20222.jpg[B]

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc220/trawlsthesoul/thehelvf.jpg

" [If you are seeking a amenable (pleasant) peninsula, look around you] ...
Some pics above of the beautiful and quite amenable peninsula where we live.

TatGirl
08-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Oh, WOW!!!

I'm packing my bags, Stuart! :D

STUART
08-16-2007, 12:40 PM
The Gower peninsula - the first place to become an area of outstanding natural beauty in the UK.
We live on the opposite side overlooking the second picture - called Worm's Head. There's a causeway accessible only at low tide and if you miss the return it means you're stranded until next low tide, lethal undercurrents and as with many things so beautiful, deadly as well unfortunately.

Cary C-Troll
08-03-2009, 09:02 PM
and I don't eat eggs.

(unless cleverly hidden in a cake)

Char
08-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Well, if you don't like eggs, as i mentioned before..i like mine, laid, hatched, grown and grilled.....

Cary C-Troll
08-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Char- that's funny...hadn't heard that before :)

But I also have chicken issues, too. (I know, even I don't understand).

We could have a whole list of polls on food and start a food-fight. My picky tastes go in cycles- even for sugar- or not for sugar. Keeps me in a size 4, so it has its benefits.

thebunbun
08-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Cary C-Troll
and I don't eat eggs.

(unless cleverly hidden in a cake)

Amen! I thought I was the lone cake eater. :D

chinapavon
08-04-2009, 12:23 AM
I will have mine with egg nog and excessive amounts of southern comfort for as I despise the taste of egg nog.And that hate to eat eggs!but soco and nog is a good combo.:D :cheers:

Cary C-Troll
08-04-2009, 07:19 AM
hee-hee

Rhonda- I love egg nog.

Anyone else take issue with lima or butter beans? Lima beans = Weird little things that used to show up in every dish my dad prepared (pizza, cereal, you name it).

Oh, this isn't a poll anymore. It's therapy.

Carrie
08-04-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm with you Rhonda, I can only drink eggnog if it's heavily spiked. Funnily, one of the best examples of such I had was at a senior citizens' New Years' Eve party I went to with my mother one year! :help: Good thing they were doling it out in little paper cups, or there would have been loads of old people arrested for DWI that night! hehe! Good times!

Cary, I like lima beans okay, but love butter beans. Just don't spend any time with me afterwards!

msmith1
08-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Scrambled and browned --sometimes w/ curry seasoning and sometimes w/ tabasco plus jalapenos.

Kim:tup:

Carrie
08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Mmmm! I have to have them starting to brown, too. My mother and Dan tease me, "how can you eat those frazzled eggs"?! More successfully than I can eat runny ones, that's for sure!

Wilkie UK
08-06-2009, 05:39 AM
If I may lower the tone of this thread, to gutter level...the answer to the original question is fertilised (if female) :eek: :angel: :drunk: :angel:

Cary C-Troll
08-08-2009, 01:01 AM
hee-hee

BTW KISS ARMY :tup: