PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Los Angeles

gotfixd
01-06-2005, 06:24 PM
It was a strange chain of events. I go to a music store to buy some cables. I see a Fixx Cd which is remastered. So I buy it and all these memories and feelings come back to me. So I find their website and thank them. They tell me about a concert in San Juan Capistrano so I go. Now here I am! All this from a $9.99 cd!
I listened to The Fixx starting from the Shuttered Room record which I stole from my oldest brother back in the early 80's. Later came the hit album Reach the Beach and it sadly ended there. I remember listening to that album as a kid playing with Legos.
After this current reawakening, I'm adding several albums to the collection including their newest Want that Life. It's really good!! So I will be looking foward to more concerts and meeting some of you.

Jeanne Thelen
01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
We are glad you made the purchase and are NOW here!!! Welcome!!! Jeanne :)

deBASHmode
01-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Welcome to our fabulous family!

Alannah86
01-07-2005, 02:58 AM
Greetings from London. As you can see, us fixxtures are spread all over the place!

heimo
01-07-2005, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Alannah86
Greetings from London. As you can see, us fixxtures are spread all over the place!

That's true! Welcome!

gotfixd
01-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Ah England! That will hopefully be my graduation gift to myself this summer! I have some English roots but I have never been there (or Europe). My income pretty much goes towards everything I need each monthhere in the states. I'm looking to see what's the best deal in air faire to fly there and decent hotels etc. What does it cost? I know it's pricey and food is expensive and in smaller quantities than what I'm used to. I don't want to be a damn tourist on a bus but rather feel free to roam on my own. It's more about mingling with the population than seeing Big Ben for me. I figure for a week, it will cost $2000 (not including air faire).

Alannah86
01-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Gotfxd, I am afraid the exchange rate at the moment is quite beneficial to us but not to yours, so save up your money because if it doesn't change, then it will be quite expensive to travel over here. London is a very expensive city to begin with anyway.
$2000 at the current exchange will turn into about 1075, for a week, that should be ok, depending on where you stay.

Cygnet
01-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey! I might just have caught you on video at the Coach House. Who knows!!! (Time may tell...) Anyway, it's great to have you with us. Look forward to meeting you in the coming year! Cygnet

gotfixd
01-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Actually I think I was sitting behind you! There was a guy in his mid-thirties just having a ball singing and dancing to every song they sang. He kept yelling "YEAH! YEAH!!!!" at the start of every song. This individual asked someone who was taking a lot of pictures if he could have the pictures e-mailed to him. Come foward mystery people! Too bad I had a splitting headache during the concert and an angel who put their job on the line gave me some heavy-duty advil to help me out.

Fixxate
01-21-2005, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Alannah86

We sure are spread out...welcome

Cygnet
01-22-2005, 06:02 PM
hmm... you can be pretty sure i wasn't the guy in front of you...or the other guy promising pictures. You might have been sitting near my husband though. He was taking pictures also but he says he's sent them to everyone he promised them to. I was the blonde in the furry jean jacket crawling between tables with a videocamera.
Also, the perfect seat behind me was reserved for the manager who never showed up... (ask Pippi!)
I wish i knew how to put pictures on here. That would clear things right up. Sorry.

pippi617
01-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Yes, that invisible manager!!! Probably the same guy who kept harassing me every time I went upstairs!

likelyaurora
01-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Gotfixd,

Welcome to the board from another newbie.