PDA

View Full Version : Vote - Your favourite Ink. song (round 1)

Steve Pariseau
03-24-2005, 12:43 AM
So what is your favourite Ink. song?

Please note that although Ships Are Safe In The Harbor was only printed on Ink. CDs sold in Japan it is included on this poll.

preciousstone75
03-24-2005, 08:13 AM
I just love Still Around. . . it strikes a note with me so deep. . .

tenohtwo
03-24-2005, 09:07 AM
How Much Is Enough - such a well executed pop-rock classic that deserved way more attention upon its release.

SilentGeoff
03-24-2005, 12:49 PM
"No One Has To Cry" is my choice here. This is still my overall favorite CD by the guys. There is just so much interesting material and so little respect for the execution of it. Letting the slagging of the silent one begin........now, LOL.

Geoff

Jeanne Thelen
03-24-2005, 01:54 PM
WITHOUT QUESTION.... YESTERDAY, TODAY

Alannah86
03-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Yesterday, Today for the great lyrics.

skyrunr
03-25-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm going with make no plans which represents the current political and environmental problems of today. "Out of control, you at the polls." "Hell's the future and we're looking back."

powerful stuff!

Cy shakes and he shouts
Rupert puts out some industrial fill signifying technical progress
Adam counters Rupert's technology with rather simple drum lines
Jamie screams the guitar through in outrage
The bass ticks through everything like time itself

One Jungle gets honorable mention because it could fit right in on Reach the Beach. So does Crucified for its analogy comparing love to hard drugs. I can't wait to get strung out on love again. LOL

Alannah86
03-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Skyrunr, that is a brilliant musical interpretation of that song. Very well said. I definitely agree. Make No Plans is my second favourite Ink song, depending on my mood, sometimes it is my number one.

Jeanne Thelen
03-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Yesterday, Today for the great lyrics.

couldn't agree more Alannah... that is a beautiful song ..

" the higher ground"

Fluxus
03-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Ships Are Safe in the Harbor isn't on my disk! Where else can I hear it?

Steve Pariseau
03-25-2005, 11:11 PM
click here (http://www.sightnsound.org)

Crucified
03-25-2005, 11:22 PM
I voted for Crucified although I also love Falling in Love, All is Fair. How Much is Enough, No One has to Cry and All the Best things.

Fluxus
03-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
click here (http://www.sightnsound.org)

Steve...thank you, thank you! I should have checked there to begin with...that's how I found Acrobat which lead to my purchasing the vinyl to begin with! I REALLY like that song... I'll have to sift through Ink a few more times to make my decision on a favorite...that one happens to have a lot of fire... hmm...

Steve Pariseau
03-27-2005, 02:30 AM
Yer welcome. Glad I could help.

Ink does have some gems. It was a tough call for me too. Mine is the lone vote for Climb The Hill. This song is unique in that Adam sings (or should I say "says") lead vocals. Jamie starts with "To me you're inside out & upside down" (I think Rupert and Dan are in there too but I'd have to ask one of the boys for confirmation) - Adam sings the verses - and Cy "I'll climb the hill and look you down". I love the lyrics, the acoustic guitar (is that simulated) and Rupert gets a rare chance to go nuts on a seemingly chaotic keyboard solo.

But I love How Much Is Enough too, so it was a tough call. How Much is dominating the votes so my round 2 vote will prolly be for How Much.

Steve Pariseau
03-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Ah, good.
I see someone has joined me in the Climb The Hill votes.

Would that be Miked?

bigwall
03-29-2005, 07:45 AM
The Radio version hooked me, and the album version kept me coming back for more. Should have been a bigger radio hit.

-BW

castaway
03-30-2005, 12:10 PM
I don't understand why All Is Fair does not get more props. It's catchy, has good drive, and the lyrics work well with it. Most fans either love or hate this CD, but I love it and All Is Fair kicks it off nicely.

BuffaloGal
04-03-2005, 02:42 PM
I like so many of the songs on Ink but my favorite has to be "Crucified." "Yesterday, Today" would also be at the top of my list.

Michelle

heimo
04-05-2005, 07:49 AM
First I would like to say that I never thought that INK is a weak Fixx-Record. It has really strong songs on it.

Voted for HOW much is enough.

kennyf
04-10-2005, 05:03 AM
For me my fav song off of Ink has to be One Jungle, it is an amazing track with perhaps the best guitar sound Jamie has created on the album. Also a rather spooky track for the Fixx, it is purely ambient and gorgeous. Great stuff.

Crucified
04-19-2005, 01:05 PM
It is really too bad we can not vote for say....three songs because some of the songs I really are getting screwed...All is Fair and Falling in Love for example. But we only get one vote and that went to Crucified.

I would like a rank the songs in order for this cd. Yesterday, Today which is ranked high would be at the bottom of my list.

arlen
05-16-2005, 08:07 AM
Voted for No One Has To Cry...such a powerful sentiment.

How Much Is Enough, Yesterday Today,Make No Plans, Crucified - there are some great tracks on this album. Even though 'Ships...' doesn't appear on the UK release!

Teknokon
05-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm one of the weirdos that likes "Climb the Hill". Quirky and one of the more Fixx-like songs on "Ink". Still can't listen to the whole album over and over like I can virtually any other Fixx CD, though.

arlen
05-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Hmm...I know what you mean. There's a kind of lack of coherence across Ink that isn't there on, say, Walkabout. But still, there's some great tracks on Ink.

fiona983
06-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Still around...

Steve Pariseau
07-14-2005, 09:22 PM
caution - speed bumps ahead

guido
08-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Tough one.

I voted:

Shut It Out

The funking guitar hook in the intermezzo (@ 2:12) is unique.
*So* welldone Jamie! :)

Delfixxture
11-18-2005, 08:33 PM
I just voted for All The Best Things

Jetrell69
04-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by skyrunr
I'm going with make no plans which represents the current political and environmental problems of today. "Out of control, you at the polls." "Hell's the future and we're looking back."

powerful stuff!

Cy shakes and he shouts
Rupert puts out some industrial fill signifying technical progress
Adam counters Rupert's technology with rather simple drum lines
Jamie screams the guitar through in outrage
The bass ticks through everything like time itself

One Jungle gets honorable mention because it could fit right in on Reach the Beach. So does Crucified for its analogy comparing love to hard drugs. I can't wait to get strung out on love again. LOL

I TOO voted for this one....and I agree completely with your reasoning...another reason why I chose it. It SAYS so much in such a simple Fixx manner.

:) :)

Shawn