PDA

View Full Version : Vote - Your favourite Happy Landings & Lost Trakcs song (round 1)

Steve Pariseau
03-24-2005, 01:05 AM
What is your favourite song from the Happy Landings sessions?

Please note that songs that appeared on both Happy Landings and Elemental will be listed in BOTH polls as they were completely different recordings (2DV, GW, HL) or significantly different mixes (OB, WOHH).

There will be no differentiation between Martin Rex mixes and Stephen W. Tayler mixes as both did stellar jobs.

The Flow
03-24-2005, 02:42 AM
The long version of We Once Held Hands is the Fixx hitting on all cylinders. Love the extended opening middleeastern theme. I've always wanted to edit a music video using this track. Great visuals come to mind. Cy sings with extreme urgency. Adam provides perfection on percussion. Ruperts touches are just right, and Jamie tears it up as usual. Great bass line on the open,Not sure who's playing? probably Chris. Well done!

tenohtwo
03-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Sweet Pandemonium - what a cool track. Reminds me of Rupert Hiine from the mid-80's, for some reason.

SilentGeoff
03-24-2005, 12:54 PM
"Going Without".....love the arrangement and it's such a pretty song. Though at a time not too long ago I would have said "Elected" because of the total different sound the guys came up with for it. I would love to hear "Elected" and The Portraits tune "Hazards in the Home" redone with the current Fixx to see what it sounded like.

Geoff

Jeanne Thelen
03-24-2005, 01:53 PM
AGAIN.. GUESS WHAT I PICKED... IT IS ONLY MY FAV VERSION OF THIS SONG!!!!! :)

Alannah86
03-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Have a soft spot for Sweet Pandemonium. Followed closely by Happy Landings.

dejapete
03-27-2005, 05:52 PM
"We Once Held Hands". Even though it sounds like "Barracuda" by Heart.

Dana
04-01-2005, 08:48 PM
The version of "We once held hands" on this album is great!

heimo
04-05-2005, 06:40 AM
Would like to hear some opinions on Elected. Never really got into that song. Sounds totally strange to me I never skip it, but it is really not my favourite...

Alannah86
04-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by heimo
Would like to hear some opinions on Elected. Never really got into that song. Sounds totally strange to me I never skip it, but it is really not my favourite...

To me, it sounds like a bunch of blokes singing at a pub! LOL!
It is an odd song. Find it interesting in its own strange way. But I must admit to skipping it sometimes....

dejapete
04-09-2005, 09:34 PM
I used to ignore "Elected" until around national election time. Then it grew on me. Rather upbeat for a cynical song. I like the old style sound and the comical/cynical hook, "do it all over again".

Dave Romfoe
04-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Although Happy Landings is my favorite from Elemental, and it is also great on this album, I voted for Ocean Blue. It may be the best recording of any of their songs in my opinion.

preciousstone75
04-20-2005, 11:44 AM
two different views

really dig this one. . . again, 1011 made me go back and check out the original!

arlen
05-16-2005, 08:42 AM
Aarrgh! Yet more unreleased UK tracks.

TDV. Defintely.

The Queen
06-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Ocean Blue, it's new to me, since I have just recently bought this CD. I did not realize I was missing something for my collection. I am missing a few other things too, but working on it. That's the fun part, finding all these treasures again.

Linda Z
06-17-2005, 03:08 AM
Happy Landings

Steve Pariseau
07-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Mayfly and 2DV are necking

The Queen
07-25-2005, 07:00 PM
"Ocean Blue" is always a killer for me...it takes me to the beach everytime. Not only that, but everytime I want to introduce someone to the Fixx I let them hear "Ocean Blue" and "Roger and Out".

Then they wonder why they had no idea any Fixx music could be so good, since of course they are the music experts. It's always fun to watch someone admit defeat.