PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Shoeman - The Shoe Thread

shoeman
03-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Hello Everyone: This is John. Coming on for the first time today. Look forward to great fellowship with you. Allow me to salute the members of a truly great band-----The Fixx. Their music never fails to inspire me. "One Thing Leads To Another" and "Saved By Zero" have been two selections to endure over the years. Have more favorites as well.........I have recently opened The Fixx Discussion Board on VH1.com---this is my effort to promote the group and bring a little more recognition to them. Hey, thanks for having me and Long Live The Fixx!

deBASHmode
03-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Welcome shoeman, from a girl who loves shoes. (You'll find several others here, as well...)

:)

dejapete
03-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks, shoeman. Don't be a stranger here. Like most people, I've ignored the VH1 message board.

Put in a good word for them there and here also. Maybe VH1 will pay attention, if they aren't already.

-Pete

pippi617
03-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Did somebody say SHOES!!

Oh Shoeman we love shoes!!

Welcome! Welcome!

Pippi

Steve Pariseau
03-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Welcome shoeman!
Now that you've found us we hope to see around.

If you got favorites then feel free to cast your favorite song votes. Visit the thread called The Great FiXX Off! and cast your votes.

Alannah86
03-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Welcome to the board shoeman! Greetings from the UK.

Jeanne Thelen
03-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Shoes??? what is it with women and shoes... and linens... must be something ingrained at birth!!!! :) I LOVE shoes... just hate to wear them... so I have a 25 year supply of flip flops in every color/style imaginable !!!! :) So glad Spring is here !!! Yeah!!!

WELOCME TO THE BOARD,SHOEMAN!!!!!!

what a GREAT idea about VH-1 !!!!! :)

shoeman
03-28-2005, 08:16 PM
What superb hospitality! Already feel right at home. Pete....Appreciate the encouragement. Steve....Have already voted in the Fixx-Off. Alannah....I reach my hands across the ocean to you. Bash, Pippi, Jeanne....Take care of those pretty feet. Get the right shoe for them and they will love you back. My best to all of you. John

Wilkie UK
03-29-2005, 02:15 AM
Hey Shoeman, welcome aboard! You've joined the board at an incredibly active time, so sit back and enjoy the ride!

SilentGeoff
03-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Hey There....Shoeman!!!! Have fun and welcome aboard!!!

Geoff

shoeman
03-31-2005, 10:19 PM
Hello And Greetings, Wilkie and Geoff!! Thank you both for your kind welcome. Having a great time over here. Reading some good stuff from our members. Learning more about my all-time #1 Band. And enjoying all that the site has to offer. Again, "Great To Be With You." John

dejapete
06-03-2005, 07:11 PM
shoeman has been having a problem with his password. Let's hope he can rejoin us real soon.

Bash
06-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Wondered where he was!

The Queen
06-12-2005, 08:07 PM
From one shoe person to another, welcome Shoeman!

shoeman
09-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Hello Queen, thanks for the greeting. Would have responded sooner but had technical difficulties signing on for a long time. Good to be back, though! John

pippi617
09-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Yea - Shoeman is back!!!

welcome home

Bash
09-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Wooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoeman
09-16-2005, 11:52 PM
Pippi!....Bash!....This is so exhilirating. So emotional ( sniff ). Your lost boy has come home!!!!

pippi617
09-16-2005, 11:53 PM
New shoes for everyone!!!

Bash
09-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by pippi617
New shoes for everyone!!!

Amen, sistah!

Cyn_in_DC
09-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Welcome welcome shoeman! (have you a foot fetish?!) :p

Lots of cool stuff here for you to particpate in and catch up on! Also check the main band site under tour for reviews and photos!

Ciao!
Cyn

msmith1
09-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Welcome, Shoeman!
Good to have you on board, I'll check out your forum, too!
Cheers,
Kim

shoeman
09-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Cyn_in_DC
Welcome welcome shoeman! (have you a foot fetish?!) :p

Lots of cool stuff here for you to particpate in and catch up on! Also check the main band site under tour for reviews and photos!

Ciao!
Cyn Thank you, Cyn. Yes, I do have a foot fetish although I temporarily set it aside when I measured a little kid's foot today ( gasp! choke! ). Appreciate the heads-up on the tour section, I do look it over now and then but eager to get back to it and do some browsing. John

shoeman
09-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by msmith1
Welcome, Shoeman!
Good to have you on board, I'll check out your forum, too!
Cheers,
Kim Hi Kim!! Nice to hear from you. Yes, I re-activated The Fixx MB on VH1.com early this year when I saw that people were asking their Bands Reunited staff to get them back together. Hence an opportunity to let their viewers know that they WERE STILL TOGETHER and still putting out great music. Just another proof that we can do a few things to get the word out about our guys......

jeff
09-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by shoeman
Yes, I re-activated The Fixx MB on VH1.com early this year when I saw that people were asking their Bands Reunited staff to get them back together.

Heya shoeman!

Can you post a link to the vh1 page? I'd love to see it.

Also, just curious, is there a link there to thefixx.com and thefixx.net? If not can they be added?

shoeman
09-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by jeff
Heya shoeman!

Can you post a link to the vh1 page? I'd love to see it.

Also, just curious, is there a link there to thefixx.com and thefixx.net? If not can they be added? Hi Jeff, http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/fixx/artist.jhtml should get you there. To your second question, No link to thefixx.com and thefixx.net at the moment. But, Yes they can be added. When you get there, look to your left, scroll down and you will see "ADD YOUR FAN SITE." VH1 would be glad to have you do this. John

Cyn_in_DC
09-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Thanx for the link to more cool Fixx stuff!

Cyn

Gooo
09-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Welcome shoeman! (bows) Glad to have you 'on board'. I know, I know, that was cheesy... heheh

Cygnet
09-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Welcome back, John. Speaking of shoes, I read this quote today: "If you want to forget all your troubles, take a little walk in a brand new pair of high-heeled ridin' boots." Is that true or what!!! Glad you're back.

shoeman
09-21-2005, 09:27 PM
My friends, your hospitality makes me smile. Gooo, "cheesy" is OK with me. :laugh:........Cygnet, now that autumn is here, more people ( especially women! ) will be craving the new boot styles coming out. So your quotation was very timely. My best to both of you. John

pippi617
09-22-2005, 12:48 AM
Oooooooo - I saw some of the cutest boots today in Vogue.

just when I thought I had enough . . . . . .

leaving me yet once again to wonder - how much IS enough??

:help: :help: :help:

Steve Pariseau
09-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Hey shoeman.
I stand most of the day in one place with a 20lb lead apron on my shoulders. What's the softest most comfortable show you know of to cope with that.

I have Spira shoes now, the walking ones with the springs in them, but since I'm not actually walking, they don't really help much.

shoeman
09-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Oooooooo - I saw some of the cutest boots today in Vogue.

just when I thought I had enough . . . . . .

leaving me yet once again to wonder - how much IS enough??

:help: :help: :help: Pippi: I had a female customer confess to me that she owned 100 pairs of shoes, and still wanted to get more. Now I love to sell footwear, but I would say to you that 100 is the answer to our musical question "How Much Is Enough?"

shoeman
09-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
Hey shoeman.
I stand most of the day in one place with a 20lb lead apron on my shoulders. What's the softest most comfortable show you know of to cope with that.

I have Spira shoes now, the walking ones with the springs in them, but since I'm not actually walking, they don't really help much. Steve: In your situation, I would like to get you into an athletic shoe. Either Mens' Walking, Cross-Training or Basketball. Two styles I think of right away are the Nike Monarch and the New Balance 680. Repeatedly I have had guys tell me good things about the cushioning and the great feel of those two. Both of them are Cross-Training. Many styles in Mens' Walking feature good cushioning also. You might also find some nice cushioning in a Basketball shoe, but you would probably pay too much for it.......Meanwhile, it appears that your Spira has a nice shock-absorbing effect, but isn't giving you the thick cushioning that you need. Nonetheless, I trust this will help you. Let me know what you come up with. John

pippi617
09-22-2005, 05:36 PM
100 pairs - I don't think that is enough.

preciousstone75
09-23-2005, 10:48 AM
I knew I was totally girlie when I came across my "stripper shoes"- these badass red high heels with the leather strings to tie around the calf! Dude, you're my shoero!

What do you suggest for lots of walking? Right now I wear Reebok Classics (the ones with the R and crest on the side). I'm usually on my feet about six out of the seven hours I'm working (teach preschool- that can get hard on your toes when all you do is chase itty bitties!); on weekends when I sing with my choir, I need a good solid heel for rocking and standing in the choir stand. Waddaya got??

Bash
09-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by preciousstone75
I knew I was totally girlie when I came across my "stripper shoes"- these badass red high heels with the leather strings to tie around the calf!

aka Hot Mama shoes! Comfort-wise, they're great for walking across a room - to the bed... ;)

shoeman
09-23-2005, 04:25 PM
100 pairs - I don't think that is enough. In fact, Pippi, looks like we need at least three new pair for that non-stop dancing avatar! So that brings us to 103 pair and counting........;)

shoeman
09-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by preciousstone75
I knew I was totally girlie when I came across my "stripper shoes"- these badass red high heels with the leather strings to tie around the calf! Dude, you're my shoero!

What do you suggest for lots of walking? Right now I wear Reebok Classics (the ones with the R and crest on the side). I'm usually on my feet about six out of the seven hours I'm working (teach preschool- that can get hard on your toes when all you do is chase itty bitties!); on weekends when I sing with my choir, I need a good solid heel for rocking and standing in the choir stand. Waddaya got?? Hi Precious: Thanks for the message. I have three suggestions for you. #1---For lots of walking, I'd like to recommend the Adidas Response. That is actually a running shoe, but it is also built for good forward movement, just as a walking shoe is. But I think you will get some enhancement out of the Response over most walking styles. Suggestion #2---For your work setting in the preschool, the first thing that comes to mind is something in the Easy Spirit Comfort Series. Their reputation is quite good. Suggestion #3---The choir shoe implies to me something dressy, yet functional. Usually tough to get the best of both worlds. First, get as small a heel as you can for balance and stability purposes. The women I talk to often go with a Maripe or Pesaro dress shoe for something like that, although I'm not sure what brands are prominent in your area. This is the question that will call for the most patience and experimentation. Yes, go for a nice-looking choir shoe but more importantly, make sure that IT WILL PERFORM under those circumstances. I don't want you to get hurt when you're up there rockin'. Precious, I do hope this is helpful...........And you teach little kids? You go to the top of my Prayer List, my friend. John

preciousstone75
09-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Thanks!

Oh, and as far as teaching goes, it's the best gig I coulda got period! You can have fun all day long and the kids always have a lot of love. . .

you keep on helping people and making them happy. . . ;)

shoeman
10-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Those who love their work are truly fortunate. So I am indeed happy for you to be in that kind of environment. Meanwhile, I am now working in our Children's Department more often than I used to. Some of those little guys are afraid to have their foot measured. They panic. So it takes some thoughtfulness to get them fitted at times.

pippi617
10-02-2005, 03:32 AM
I am bartender/manager by night - graphic design artist by day - full time nini & mother-extraordinaire. (part-time groupie) What more could a woman ask for?

I did spend several years working with impaired children many moons ago - it also was wonderful work - very trying - very, very rewarding.

Actually - as a bartender - I spend a lot of time working with impaired adults (customers - AND - co-workers)!! Very trying - not so rewarding.

:cheers: :cheers:

Cygnet
10-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the smiles, Pippi. I love it when peoples' posts make me laugh!
...impaired adults...aren't we all? It's just a matter of what day it is, for me!

shoeman
10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh, Pippi! A day job. A night job. And add a full-time job? You go to the top of my Prayer List and join our friend Precious. To do all that you do? You must have the energy of that Aerobic SpiderMan under your name there. Is there something we can do for you? Get you a New Balance 680 Cross-Trainer? Or a ConAir Deluxe Foot Massager? Talk about having a full plate. Wow........

Steve Pariseau
10-22-2005, 01:26 PM
Steve: In your situation, I would like to get you into an athletic shoe. ... Two styles I think of right away are the Nike Monarch and the New Balance 680.

Shoeman:

I tried on a pair of Nike Monarch II shoes and they felt pretty good. I didn't buy them though, wanted to ask you if the Monarch II is the same Monarch you were refering to?

Couldn't find anyone locally selling the New Balance 680. One New Balance dealer wanted to sell me some 1020s or something like that. He said it has some sort of additional arch support. Another dealer said he didn't have them so I asked if you could order them and he said "yes". Then I asked how much they would be and he said he would have to go look that up - but said it with a tone like that would be way too much work. I told him not to bother and thanks anyway.

shoeman
10-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi Steve: Yes, the Monarch II is the same style I was talking about before. That is the newer release of the Monarch. Glad to hear you found them comfortable, many guys like it as soon as they put it on............Meanwhile, let me tell you that New Balance "grades" the performance of their athletic shoes by a numerical code. Generally, the greater the number, the better the performance. Hence you could expect the 1020 to cost more than the 680, etc. But you may want to experiment with more New Balance running and cross-training styles. Their reputation is good, I sell more New Balance than any other athletic brand. Still, I won't be surprised if the Monarch wins out in your search. Again, I just want you to have the best cushioning for your work setting. Best regards, John

msmith1
11-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Hi Shoeman!

Did I miss welcoming you to the board? Oh, man! CRS (can't remember stuff) attack..I'm sorry--well, anyway, welcome!

Hey, what's your opinion of Saucony?
I run, and walk, but have high arches and pronate inward on the heel.
I'm about due for new athletic shoes.
What do you recommend?

Kim

LOL!
Goo can tell you what shoes I usually wear (page 42 Fixxture faces)

shoeman
11-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi Kim! Yes, you did give me a welcome on Page 2 of this thread, thanks. But you guys can welcome me as often as you want, I love this place. Concerning Saucony athletic shoes, in all honesty I hesitate to recommend them. A few other brands have them beat on performance IMHO. For your consideration, I want to suggest the Adidas Response. That is a running shoe that I also recommended to our friend preciousstone75 on an earlier occasion. But I don't want to stop there. Allow me to give this some study, I'd like to ponder your pronation issue. So meanwhile, if you will, list some of the athletic footwear you have now so I can get some data on this. And that would help me serve you better...........Meanwhile, I did see the pic of you in the woods, holding the trendy high-heel. My friend, I promise you that will not enable you to outrun those monsters and beasts. A Nike or New Balance All-Terrain running shoe is best for that situation. Fortunately, it appears that the "Gooo-monster" didn't pose much of a threat to you [ chuckle ]

msmith1
11-14-2005, 05:57 AM
Hmmm...black sneakers are hard to come by, so I've been through a few varieties of Reebok's in the past--always had to buy arch supports to tuck in them, and their leather quality is...well..rubbish. I'll wear other than black, though...based on your recommendation.
Have blazed through the many varieties of Saucony. Liked the Insteps, for walking, but they changed the materials in them not long ago, and they aren't as nice/lasting as they used to be. The running ones, have that grid system they tout in the sole...don't notice anything particularly fab about it. I will tell you that where I run/walk, there is a mix of paved and gravel roads.
As far as the Gooo monster...LOL!

Kim;)

shoeman
11-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Please bear with me, Kim. Will be taking a little more time for a follow-up recommendation on this. I want to be sure to use careful judgment. Preventing injury is my #1 priority. Thanks for your patience.

Gooo
11-16-2005, 09:15 AM
(skulks around quietly in the shadows) ...did someone whisper 'the Goo monster'? (sly grin, sniffs the air to keep following the scent) slips into the darkness only to lastly see the cheep Nike ACG Air's walk away...

Cygnet
11-16-2005, 11:13 AM
This seems so funny to me...I mean you guys being so serious about shoes and all. I know, I know, it IS important. So...a couple of years ago I was shopping for running shoes at the mall and was talked into a pair of Rykas (the Sole Ride model) by a couple of female salesladies. I think I paid about $100. Was I taken for a ride? I'm still using them and they seem fine to me... (but I really don't run that much).

...as long as we're on the subject....:confused:
Cyg

The Queen
11-16-2005, 08:35 PM
I have never found a pair of athletic shoes that felt comfortable other than a $6.00 pair I bought at some odd store off a rack of thousands and thousands of discount shoes. I wish I could find another pair like those, they certainly proved that it's not the price that determines comfort.

I find shoes a lot of fun, and so many are little works of art these days vs. actual footware, but they look interesting.

shoeman
11-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Hmmm...black sneakers are hard to come by, so I've been through a few varieties of Reebok's in the past--always had to buy arch supports to tuck in them, and their leather quality is...well..rubbish. I'll wear other than black, though...based on your recommendation.
Have blazed through the many varieties of Saucony. Liked the Insteps, for walking, but they changed the materials in them not long ago, and they aren't as nice/lasting as they used to be. The running ones, have that grid system they tout in the sole...don't notice anything particularly fab about it. I will tell you that where I run/walk, there is a mix of paved and gravel roads.
As far as the Gooo monster...LOL!

Kim;) Back again, Kim. In addition to the Adidas Response, I have two more styles to recommend. Let me begin with the New Balance 707 running shoe. This shoe includes their patented Abzorb feature, I thought this would provide good stability, heel support, cushioning and durability. I also like this for the surface that you run on. Secondly, allow me to suggest the Asics Gel-Trekker. This should also keep you stable as you run, and I like to recommend Asics; they do a lot for competitive runners and are very serious when it comes to heel construction in their footwear. Also, I believe these two styles would give you an upgrade without costing too much money. Let me encourage you to browse their web-sites also: newbalance.com and asicsamerica.com.........You will note that some of the other Asics styles come with a feature called the Personal Heel Fit. Kim, for best results, you may wish to experiment with other styles that I have not mentioned here. Be patient and put each selection to the test when you try them on. Take care of that foot by only purchasing a shoe that has a lot to offer. Hope this helps.

msmith1
11-17-2005, 06:13 AM
Hi John!

Thank you so much for your time and effort looking into this! (big hug)
I will check out Asics, New Balance, and Adidas, too, and let you know what I discover. If you ever need any pictures framed, let me know...

Personal Heel Fit...is that similar to what Ryka touts? Something about most athletic shoes being based off a mould of a man's foot, which has a wider achilles/heel area than a lady's? True?

Oh, can folks order shoes from you? Retail is quite a gig, I know.

"Thinking on my feet" (I know, ooo-groan, but I love wordplay) :>)ummm...now...what sexy, high-heeled stripper shoe do you recommend? Can't disappoint those monsters in the woods...LOL!

Kim:angel:

Gooo
11-17-2005, 09:26 AM
(You hear a long echoing howl)

Steve Pariseau
11-17-2005, 07:24 PM
...If you ever need any pictures framed, let me know...

I've got a closet full of things I need framed.

Shipping is too unkind for framed artwork unfortunately.

shoeman
11-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Gooo
(skulks around quietly in the shadows) ...did someone whisper 'the Goo monster'? (sly grin, sniffs the air to keep following the scent) slips into the darkness only to lastly see the cheep Nike ACG Air's walk away... Love the humor, Gooo. Keep it coming. Funny you should mention Nike All Conditions Gear footwear. I discovered one called the Air Terminus, regular price on that bad boy was $95.00. When it went to clearance price I bought it and it is still going strong!! And oh yes, perfect for running through the woods, whether being pursued or not......:D

shoeman
11-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Cygnet
This seems so funny to me...I mean you guys being so serious about shoes and all. I know, I know, it IS important. So...a couple of years ago I was shopping for running shoes at the mall and was talked into a pair of Rykas (the Sole Ride model) by a couple of female salesladies. I think I paid about $100. Was I taken for a ride? I'm still using them and they seem fine to me... (but I really don't run that much).

...as long as we're on the subject....:confused:
Cyg Catching up on these questions here.......Yes, Rhonda, you may have paid too much for that Ryka. Still, it's good that they're holding up for you. Durability scores a lot of points with me. However, I like to see people get a quality athletic shoe and pay less than 70 for it. Just a thought for you, the next time you need an athletic, try on some cross-training styles. They would offer you side-to-side movement as well as forward movement. Running shoes are generally built for forward movement only.

Cygnet
11-19-2005, 07:16 AM
next time you need an athletic, try on some cross-training styles. They would offer you side-to-side movement as well as forward movement. Running shoes are generally built for forward movement only.

Thanks, John. I didn't know that.
So what do you think about when you're not thinking about shoes? Thank you for being so generous with your advice to everyone here!

shoeman
11-19-2005, 08:27 AM
This will come as no surprise. When I'm not thinking about shoes, I'm thinking about The Fixx. Play their CD's on the drive home. "Deeper And Deeper" is a MUST in rush-hour traffic. Yeah, the more we know about footwear the better. Recently, I had a lady who wanted to buy a running shoe for her son to play basketball in. I had to discourage that. "Forward movement only" won't work in that situation. There is a risk of injury there, he could turn his ankle or something. Get a basketball shoe. They are designed for those quick cuts on the court.

Cygnet
11-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Amazing!

dejapete
11-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Yes! Maybe we should call him our Shoefixxerupper.

shoeman
11-19-2005, 10:24 PM
Love that, Pete! Very brilliant......;)

shoeman
11-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by The Queen
I have never found a pair of athletic shoes that felt comfortable other than a $6.00 pair I bought at some odd store off a rack of thousands and thousands of discount shoes. I wish I could find another pair like those, they certainly proved that it's not the price that determines comfort.

I find shoes a lot of fun, and so many are little works of art these days vs. actual footware, but they look interesting. My Queen! May I approach the throne? Your humble servant, Shoeman the White Knight, doth declare that only the best footwear will do for your delicate royal feet. But I must say that Your Highness has a sharp eye for bargains. My congratulations to you. Thou dost reign over us with true wisdom.......

Cygnet
11-21-2005, 09:21 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

The Queen
11-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Shoeman,

Flattery will get you EVERYWHERE!!!!

shoeman
12-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Hi John!

Thank you so much for your time and effort looking into this! (big hug)
I will check out Asics, New Balance, and Adidas, too, and let you know what I discover. If you ever need any pictures framed, let me know...

Personal Heel Fit...is that similar to what Ryka touts? Something about most athletic shoes being based off a mould of a man's foot, which has a wider achilles/heel area than a lady's? True?

Oh, can folks order shoes from you? Retail is quite a gig, I know.

"Thinking on my feet" (I know, ooo-groan, but I love wordplay) :>)ummm...now...what sexy, high-heeled stripper shoe do you recommend? Can't disappoint those monsters in the woods...LOL!

Kim:angel: Hi Kim, once again I appreciate your patience. To answer your questions here-----First, I do not find a heel construction technology from Ryka that matches up to Asics' Personal Heel Fit. But that feature from the Asics people stresses the ability of the heel area in the shoe to conform to the shape of the individual's foot. Performance-wise, I do give Asics the edge over Ryka, JMO. However, I would like to recommend two styles from Ryka for you to consider. Those being the N-Gage, which was designed for runners with a high arch like yours. And also the KM-7, a style that was made with pronators in mind. (Wouldn't that be something, for KIM to get the KM-7!!!). At my store, we have only the Solace women's running shoe from Ryka, and in my judgment that would not deliver enough performance for you-----Second Question, yes I can do shoe orders for people IF my company has the style they want and their size is still out there. "Quite a gig?" Oh yeah-----Thirdly, I have e-mailed a shoe manufacturer in search of a stripper style for you. Still waiting to hear back from them. We had some at my place, but they sold out!! So I was not able to search that for you by the numerical code. But at least this delay will confuse the dreaded Gooo-Monster, for the moment.......Finally, I had something I wanted to frame, but not sure how to work that out. Thanks, very kind of you. John

pippi617
12-06-2005, 02:41 AM
I think I love you, Shoeman.

A long time ago - in a world far away - I was very, very much into running - and shoes . . .

and, I must say this - Shoeman does know his **** - he is well informed and is not steering you wrong. Every piece of advice that he delivers is a flashback to me, taking me back into the happiest time of my life.

funny thing is . . . my "shoeman" is the same guy who turned me on to the FIXX . . .

the Lord does work in mysterious ways.

And - I DO love shoes - from my favourite Sauconys- to my clunky boots - to my spiky o-so non-sensibles= ones.

I love you Shoeman . . . and I love shoes . . .

msmith1
12-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Thank you so much, John!

Hmmm...KM-7... and I wear size 7 shoes... serendipity?
I'll follow your great and much appreciated advice, look into those different running shoes, and let you know the end result.
LOL! Can't wait to see those fun, non-sensible, high heels!

Kim:)

Steve Pariseau
12-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Thanks to our very own shoeman, I'm sporting some new Nike Air Monarch IIs.

They are everything I needed them to be. Very comfortable and loaded with softness, particularly at the heel.

Thanks shoeman!!

Steve

shoeman
12-06-2005, 09:22 PM
I think I love you, Shoeman.

A long time ago - in a world far away - I was very, very much into running - and shoes . . .

and, I must say this - Shoeman does know his **** - he is well informed and is not steering you wrong. Every piece of advice that he delivers is a flashback to me, taking me back into the happiest time of my life.

funny thing is . . . my "shoeman" is the same guy who turned me on to the FIXX . . .

the Lord does work in mysterious ways.

And - I DO love shoes - from my favourite Sauconys- to my clunky boots - to my spiky o-so non-sensibles= ones.

I love you Shoeman . . . and I love shoes . . . Oh pippi, my darling, I wuv you too [ sigh ] [ blush ]......And your words of affection are gladly received, since I'm getting snarled at constantly this time of year. Your message had the power to heal, thanks. Only too happy to do what I can for all of you. Must take good care of those "Gypsy Feet" that will be marching themselves to the next Fixx concert. And pippi, may you re-live your happiest moments at every opportunity, with still greater moments yet to come your way.....Good night, sweetheart.:love:

shoeman
12-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Thank you so much, John!

Hmmm...KM-7... and I wear size 7 shoes... serendipity?
I'll follow your great and much appreciated advice, look into those different running shoes, and let you know the end result.
LOL! Can't wait to see those fun, non-sensible, high heels!

Kim:) Kim, still waiting to hear from the manufacturer. Will see what I can do to take another route and find out more. Bear with me again......

shoeman
12-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
Thanks to our very own shoeman, I'm sporting some new Nike Air Monarch IIs.

They are everything I needed them to be. Very comfortable and loaded with softness, particularly at the heel.

Thanks shoeman!!

Steve You bet, Steve! I'm so proud for you.

heimo
12-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Hello Mr. Shoeman ( + Fixxtures)!

May I tell you all a little story about a special kind of shoe from Austria...

It is a traditionel shoe (called the Goiserer) that is just made in a small town called Bad Goisern, not far away from Salzburg. It is made for going into the montains and every shoe is individual. When I was in Goisern and asked for such a pair of shoes the shoemaker told me that I have to wait two or three month to get them.
Please notice the nails!!!

What's (IMO) so interesting about this small Town Goisern is, that they really have a lot of good musicians. The Reason: They seem to have a good feeling of rythm because of listening to that hammering nails into the shoes. They keep the old, traditionell music of that special region alive!

Take care,
Heimo

heimo
12-07-2005, 10:05 AM
And this is how this place looks like!

preciousstone75
12-07-2005, 10:48 AM
now, that's what I call beauty! hope it's not too cold there, but man, I could sit and paint for hours looking at a place like that!

Cygnet
12-07-2005, 12:17 PM
WOW about the shoes and WOW about the town. Thanks, Heimo for making the world seem more interesting to me today! I really need to travel...I see places like that and go...wait a minute- are we talking about planet EARTH here? I really don't get out much- and haven't been to Europe since I was 1 yr old (born in Naples, Italy- U.S. Military).
Gosh! I don't think I'd want to leave if I landed in a place like that. Well, not for a while, anyway...

Cygnet
12-07-2005, 12:19 PM
(Just had to say it one more time)

shoeman
12-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Heimo, and Everyone: Just imagine the workmanship that went into that footwear that was pictured! That had to be a sturdy pair of shoes to tackle those rugged mountains in Austria. And did you notice how precisely the nails were driven into the bottom of them? You have witnessed the results of a special craftsmanship and skill......

Steve Pariseau
02-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey Shoeman!

Got a shoe question for you.

So how come a good month after I buy new shoes the laces get longer? They don't seem to be elastic? What gives? (literally) :D

shoeman
02-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi Steve: I've noticed that too. My educated guess would be that with repeated usage and constant re-tying of the shoes, the eyelets press more tightly and thus allow more lace length to get through. The laces themselves should not give that much. Hope this helps.

Steve Pariseau
02-04-2006, 11:13 PM
That's what I had figured too. Just thought I'd check though in case I was full of doo doo :D

shoeman
02-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Cheer up, Pippi.
New shoe styles for spring are already coming in.
Have been looking them over and thinking to myself which ones would look nice on your dainty little feet.

Think positive.

Think "shoes........."

Feel da luv.........:love:

shoeman
02-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Back again, Pippi.
We did receive more new styles today.
Tell you the truth, I didn't see much that impressed me.
I wanted to see something that would match your sparkling personality.
You know, trendy....dazzling....glamorous.
Yadda yadda yadda.
I did spy a couple of styles that you may have liked.

1. The "Beyonce" by Pesaro.
This is a dressy evening sandal with nice glittery highlights.
Has about a 2-inch heel.
Don't know if Beyonce herself wears this. But it does seem appropriate for any who tend to whisper and shake their booty.

2. The "Sweetie Pie" by Fabulaire.
Fabulaire makes very attractive footwear. Women here love them.
This style has almost no heel, maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
Very shiny in a nice kind of way. Comes in pink and black.
Eye-catching and pretty.

Will keep looking. When I get around to other stores, competitors, etc. I will take notice of what they have to offer.

Meanwhile, saw an item among Mens Sandals you may find interesting.
A style manufactured by Bjorndal.
This is a dark tan footbed sandal with two straps near the instep.

It is called..........The "Jamie."

Seems perfect for those totally-cool, laid-back guitarist types. ;)

Bash
02-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Hmmm, Jamie shows up in sandals occasionally - you can sorta see 'em in this shot Ed took:

pippi617
02-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Mmmmmmm - shoes . . . . .

pippi617
02-16-2006, 01:25 AM
Hey Shoeman - do you have these??

The Queen
02-16-2006, 04:22 AM
May I jump in and add a much wanted shoe for the man too?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y127/VBlue/shoegun.jpg

Angiekay
02-16-2006, 06:45 AM
*GASP* :eek:

Look at the shooooes...you guys are my soulmates!

Inkblot
02-16-2006, 06:56 AM
Mmm, shoes...I like your shoe pick, Queen - it's interesting.

Squee! I just love these shoes:

msmith1
02-16-2006, 01:10 PM
Ooo...Bruno Magli...("drool") :) Kim

pippi617
02-16-2006, 01:20 PM
For work - I wear Earth Shoes - ahhhhhhhh - The negative heel and the shock absorbing gel keep my back from hurting on those long long nights . . .

Bash
02-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Looks comfy, Pip. Gotta take care of the back...

Here's a pair I own and am just waiting for the right occasion to wear:

pippi617
02-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Ooooooo - I just love the nifty ankle straps with chains!

:love: ;) :love: ;)

shoeman
02-16-2006, 11:35 PM
And now.......back to our little footwear talk.

Just let me catch my breath....[gasp]...[pant]. A lotta stuff to cover.

*Pippi: Saw something similar to that first pair you posted. It is called the "Jager" and is made by Etienne Aigner. Comes in tan and brown.
As for the second pair, I do not think I have it. However!.....If you, or anyone who wishes, will provide me with 1) A style name
and 2) Manufacturers' name; then I can look it up and see if my people have it.
(Example: The "Accelerator" by Nike). Also, specify the color you want.
Pippi, I would be glad to know the style name for that second pair you showed me. It is beautiful.

*My Queen!: Do be careful. That thing might be loaded. Remember that your faithful knights over here will be happy to fight your battles for you so that no harm comes to your precious royal self........

*Angie, oh Angie: Yes you have found a home where your footwear passion is not only tolerated but also maddeningly encouraged.......

*Inkblot: How cute. That is the classic Mary Jane style. Adorable.

*Kim: I love your selection. The Bruno Magli looks very attractive. Most likely, though, my people don't carry that. And BTW, Kim, I am STILL looking for a stripper shoe for you. It has been an elusive search. But I will NOT give up. You've been patiently waiting, and I thank you for understanding.

*Pippi(again): So happy to see you wearing Earth Shoes. Good decision. Some manufacturers today have wisely included gel for added comfort. We see that in mens' dress shoes now.

*Bash: Yours is really eye-catching. Very trendy, and a lot of imagination went into that one.

*To all: Can't repeat this enough----the main thing is to take care of those feet!! Protect them. Pamper them. Love them and they will love you back.:love: ......And let me know if I can look something up for you. Will be glad to see if it's out there.

Now go to sleep!! And dream about shoes.......

Bash
02-17-2006, 12:19 AM
*Bash: Yours is really eye-catching. Very trendy, and a lot of imagination went into that one.

In other words, Carlos Santana designs shoes like he plays the guitar - with expression! :)

Day to day, I'm in my Asics Gel Cumulus VII. Love the extra spring I get from them!

msmith1
02-17-2006, 06:37 AM
Thanks Shoeman!
Yeah, I like to "look" at Bruno Magli's, but the cost...hundreds...yikes!
I once tried some on in Chicago, 4" bronze pumps, at that watertower mall. (sigh)
I like any kind of pump, with a strap or with a full back...patent or matte, classic and pretty :thumbsup:

Kim:)

Bash
02-17-2006, 07:33 AM
The Bruno Magli brand brings OJ Simpson to mind...

For those who don't recall, a footprint traced to a Bruno Magli sole was evidence in his trial, and all I hear when I see the name is his quote about not being caught wearing "ugly-a$$ Bruno Magli." I think someone produced photographic evidence to the contrary...

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit...

:D

The Queen
02-17-2006, 07:35 AM

*My Queen!: Do be careful. That thing might be loaded. Remember that your faithful knights over here will be happy to fight your battles for you so that no harm comes to your precious royal self........

It's just that whole need for shoes that are "loaded with danger".

shoeman
03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Hello All:
Just a reminder that March/Early Spring is a good time to try on athletic shoes. If you need a new pair, consider a cross-trainer if you don't already have one. Look for new styles that have come out and try on several so that you can compare the performance and comfort in each one. If you play a sport, be sure to get a shoe that matches the activity you'll be doing. And if you want an athletic shoe for everyday wear, look for something with good heel support so that it will last plenty long for you. Try to save money if you can, but on the other hand don't sacrifice quality either.
Keep these things in mind and hope this will help ya!!
John

preciousstone75
02-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Hello All:
Just a reminder that March/Early Spring is a good time to try on athletic shoes. If you need a new pair, consider a cross-trainer if you don't already have one. Look for new styles that have come out and try on several so that you can compare the performance and comfort in each one. If you play a sport, be sure to get a shoe that matches the activity you'll be doing. And if you want an athletic shoe for everyday wear, look for something with good heel support so that it will last plenty long for you. Try to save money if you can, but on the other hand don't sacrifice quality either.
Keep these things in mind and hope this will help ya!!
John

Ironic I'm looking @this almost a year later and thinking "ow!" because my favorite shoes are hurting my toes!

I'll take that advice. . .:shh: