PDA

View Full Version : Computers are a curse!

The Queen
06-28-2005, 07:17 PM
I feel like a freaking drug addict!!!

My computer crashed, BIG TIME well over a week ago, and I couldn't even keep track of time properly either!!! It could've been longer than that I'm afraid.

I feel like a herion (sp?) addict for going into major detox without the darn thing!

Okay, I'm back and I am hoping to catch up, but I feel like computers are a curse; can't live with them, and REALLY can't live without them.

This is major addiction.

Bash
06-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Technology is great - when it works.

:)

We missed you, your majesty! Glad you're back up and running.

Alannah86
06-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your computer problems! I can relate as my own computer has been playing up also. It's a pain in the arse sometimes! I can definitely relate to being addicted to it :eek:

pippi617
06-29-2005, 01:30 AM
computers are definitely like heroin - mine sits in the corner - humming - like it's calling me . . . . . . "janet, come sit down, put your feet up - you don't need a life - you don't need to get anything else done - all you need is me - come to me . . ."

and - i listen . . .

I think the government has but something subliminal in the computer - making it so damn addicting - that way they can screw up the world and we'll all be sitting numbly in front of our computers - paying no fricking attention to what is happening around us.

I feel like a crackhead . . . . . just put down the pipe and walk away . . . .

The Queen
06-29-2005, 07:14 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only addict around here!

I have an Apple, and I've been a big proponent of them too, but right now I may have to find a new drug...although I'm still an Apple junkie.

Should I change my name to EVE? tempted by the Apple only to be followed by eternal ruin?

Octopulse
06-29-2005, 09:23 AM
been there

luckily for me I fix the beasts as a side job and so theres always extra PC's laying around, so I never have to go cold turkey

Last year I was deep in the "Cant live without my PC" syndrome as well, I decided I really needed to cut back on online stuff, so I went out a bought a bunch of outdoor fun stuff and then got a nice suntan, I totally forgot how much fun a frisbee is in a large field

I still cant do that damned hoola-hoop though:(

Jeanne Thelen
06-29-2005, 02:15 PM
My Computer was laid to rest last March, after several trips to the computer doctor..... :(

Oh well.... will replace it soon... sure hopes my boss does not monitor my "on line" time ... HA! LOL!!!

Mike
07-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey!!! I know what you mean!!!Don't you just hate starting from scratch, reloading all the software.Takes a while to get back to where you were.

Hey Jeanne I've got a spare pentium sitting here, pop over and use it any time you like, lol

Jeanne Thelen
07-01-2005, 01:31 PM
ON MY WAY, MIKE ;)

THANKS!:D

Phantizen
07-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I would tell you my life is, video editing, graphic art, gaming and reading the news but it all boils down to one thing. The PC. And my family is just as bad! Look at our living room!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Phantizen/Ourstations.gif

I think you can see where our priorities are. Octopulse is right, the best way to make sure you won't be stranded on the ol' superhighway is to have spare parts on hand AND you have to have your stuff backed up or you will lose work and time. I started with no data backed up and that was a real bummer. Then I started burning CD-roms and it took up too much room. So then I put a 2nd hard drive in my PC and I could copy files from my main drive to a completely different physical drive. Now we are talking being backed up easy and quick! Both drives would have to crash simultaneously for me to lose my files now. Woo Hoo! But after getting some kind of malware problem I couldn't fix, I needed to format and reload the operating system software and all the factory programs from the system backup disk set. Just doing that and updating windows and my media players and getting shockwave flash and my video card's drivers and all that back to where they were took all day. So, I started thinking about something like Norton's ghost program so I can clone my entire hard drive to the backup hard drive. Norton's ghost works in dos so I found a better solution. Casper XP. It was $50... that is the bad news. The good news is that it clones my entire hard drive in less than an hour. And it can copy it all, including itself and XP, while XP is running. So that is what I use and anytime I want to switch which hard drive I am running XP from, I just reboot and change the boot drive in the BIOS setup. Basically a $150 data backup solution. When I crash now, I will still be able to go to Yahoo shopping to buy another hard drive, ha ha ha!

http://bzclan.com/pics/Phantsig5.jpg

The Queen
07-10-2005, 03:16 PM
No offense, but that's just scary. I still have a life.

Ric-Roc
07-10-2005, 03:51 PM
I have kind of the same set up, 3 in the computer room and one networked from the kids room,except my main computer
has two monitors hooked up to it so I can do and see two things at once. It's great for having my music on one screen and surf on the other. It also has turned into kind of a curse, now when
I'm on one of the others or the laptop, I have to do the min/max
thing or keep the windows atop one another to swap back and forth. (I hate when that hppens)