PDA

View Full Version : Hello And Goodbye At Once

Phantizen
07-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi! I have been a FIXX fan since I first heard their music. I can honestly say I have and always will answer the question of who my favorite band is with only one answer. Where the FIXX is concerned, I am as true as they come. Is this signature image going to be removed, cause I noticed no one has any images hotlinked in their posts. Before I pour most of my recreational allotment into these forums, I will wait and see if my signature image gets yanked. If it does not, I plan on eventually plaguing these forums with photoshopped jokes, hotlinked images and all manner of creative expression. To me it is a striking abnormality that the forums (which are pretty much the official forums) for the most creative band I have ever heard has an astonishing starkness in it's presentation. I am also noticing that this is the narrowest box I have ever composed a post in. Could it be the admin here is cramping our style, literally? Ha ha ha!!! Just a joke. The box width for composing posts means nothing, the hotlinking means everything. All silliness aside, I see many posts by some VERY cool sounding FIXX fans in these forums! YOU guys rock! As do the FIXX. I hope to be able to regale you with all my stories of how I was a lone FIXX fan in a depressingly unhip society. Ha ha ha!!! Ok, cya 4 now.

http://bzclan.com/pics/Phantsig5.jpg

Bash
07-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Welcome, and thanks for the colorful entrance!

This forum is linked off the official site, but in truth it is hosted and run by a fan who pays all its bills. The official site links to this board because this is the largest (and best!) gathering of Fixxtures on the internet. So, we don't have the latest version of software (talk of an upgrade pops up now and again), and not having fancy sigs saves storage space and bandwidth usage on the server. Nonetheless, we are a good bunch of Fixxtures, even if we don't have the latest bells and whistles. The people make this board great. Hope you'll stick around!

Phantizen
07-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Now that is cool, a reply took like 5 seconds! The people do make these forums, I see that! Anyway, these forums are alive with people and apparently, my kind of people. Why didn't I find this place sooner? Also, I must say you make a good point. The admin here is a FIXX fan. Props to him! w00t!

http://bzclan.com/pics/Phantsig5.jpg

EDIT: P.S. I prefer the mangled mode version of that song!

The Queen
07-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Welcome Phantizen, it's all about the fans around here, they make the place a better world.

Steve Pariseau
07-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Welcome to the board Fixx Phan!

No problem with the image that I know of.

Yeah, the software and it's settings are very basic but like Bash said discussion of software upgrades has been tossed around. And like thefixxdotcom has said before "eventually things happen" (or something like that).

Oh, and as for the narrow box - only because you are using a color other than black. If you type in black you get the whole window.

I know it's archaic but that's what we got for now.
Glad you found us.
Stick around and have sum fun.

mgroveton
07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm looking all over Fixx cybercity to find you.