PDA

View Full Version : New Virginia fixx lover!

bella
07-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi all, this is my first time on this board. I had no idea this community existed and I am here to tell you that I am one excited gal right about now. Yesterday at a preview showing of "The Island" (Ewan McGregor! Yowsa) my friend won us two tickets to tonight's show in Hampton! We were going to just wait for them to come play at VA Beach over Labor Day weekend, but this is an exceptional treat as tonight's show is practically in my back yard. I can't believe they are playing at Goodfella's. This is going to be one hot, sweaty, intimate show!

I have loved The Fixx since I was a young lass in middle school waaaaaay back in the 80's and as I can see from my quick perusal through this board, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

:)

Steve Pariseau
07-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Great that you have found us and joined us.

Tell us how that show went.

Love to hear all about it.

Bash
07-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Welcome, bella!

Jeanne Thelen
07-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Bonjour bella,

Glad to see you made it to the board!!!

Welcome....
:)

Jeanne

bella
07-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone. Thank you for welcoming me. The show last night was excellent! The boys sounded better then ever. Loved the new songs. Loved Cy's smooth vocals. I wish they had played longer, but this seems to be the norm for them right now. I will definitely be awaiting their return on Sept 4 in VA Beach. I bought their 2003 release at the show last night and got all to sign except for Gary. :( I've been wearing this cd out all day today at work. So beautiful and mature. I had lost touch with them years ago and I am a happy girl just to be getting back to them. They really do deliver and I look forward to their next release.

The Queen
07-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Welcome Bella,

I was there last night too! Guess I didn't see you. I was looking forward too much!

I never got any signatures, but we didn't 'do the bus' thing which I guess I should have.

Next time!

bella
07-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Hi There Queen. It's so cool to know another poster was there that night! I was standing right up front on Jamie's side with another girl and guy. Where were you situated? I hope you weren't the poor lady I bumped into twice. If your out there, I apologize.

The Queen
07-22-2005, 09:10 AM
No, you didn't bump into me! but I bumped into a whole mess of other people. I was on the other side near that 'pole/table' thing. I was buried being short, but I had fun.

Lots of men at these shows, hey? My husband noticed! lol

bella
07-22-2005, 09:50 AM
YES! We noticed the large men population at the show, too! I wonder if this happens at all shows or just our little establishment?

Ric-Roc
07-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Welcome Bella
Have you sent your review to the Fixx site ?
Or any pics ?

Maybe the "population" thing has to do with the intricate weaving of the intsruments that is a key feature of a lot of thier music,
The sometimes airy guitar riffs and the incidentals from Rupert.
I'm not a male chauvinist or nothing, please don't get the wrong idea, but I think that most guy's tend to listen to the instruments and thier use, more then just if the song is dancable or has a great vocal melody, not that woman can't appreciatte a great guitar riff or a mixed measured drum beat, rather then a straight 4/4
Just a thought . . I hope I don't get whipped upon from a woman
on the board . . unless of corse . . That's what your into ;-}

bella
07-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi Ric Roc, I'm not sure if most women would mind what you said, but I for one don't just listen to a song because it is danceable. I think for me it might have been a lot more diplomatic if you'd have just said that, statistically, more men play guitar or drums, therefore they are drawn to The Fixx's musical stylings. Though I am not a musician myself, I grew up with two older brothers who had garage bands and I think I have a pretty good ear for music. I might not know all the technical jargin, but I do like to listen "between the lines" if I may put it that way.

Now, as for your punishment. I might not thrash you today, but if I find this continues in the future? Something might have to be done about it. ;)

The Queen
07-22-2005, 04:58 PM
I have a serious case of 'air-guitar' myself. But I find that not too many other women that I know can appreciate music the way I do, it is usually other guys that share my feelings.

Jam...jam...jam!

It would make a bit more sense if I actually played a musical instrument, but I never have.

Ric-Roc
07-25-2005, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by bella
Hi Ric Roc, I'm not sure if most women would mind what you said, but I for one don't just listen to a song because it is danceable. I think for me it might have been a lot more diplomatic if you'd have just said that, statistically, more men play guitar or drums, therefore they are drawn to The Fixx's musical stylings. Though I am not a musician myself, I grew up with two older brothers who had garage bands and I think I have a pretty good ear for music. I might not know all the technical jargin, but I do like to listen "between the lines" if I may put it that way.

Now, as for your punishment. I might not thrash you today, but if I find this continues in the future? Something might have to be done about it. ;)

Maybe my statement was a little outdated ! ! Although it was meant to be. When the Fixx were in thier prime, not they don't still kick butt, it was a different view and priority to the general masses of musical styles and genre.
Back then . . Blah Blah Blah . .
Did not mean to condesend or patronize . .

Punishment . . I've been a BAAAAAAAD Boy, and please, feel free to do something about it :-) LOL

taralyn919
07-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Hi! I live in Ashburn, VA and have been a Fixx fan since the early 80s.

I saw the band live for the first time ever last Thursday at the 930 Club in DC. It was an amazing show and I got to meet Cy, Jamie, Adam, and Gary!

The show brought back all sorts of amazing memories from high school when my friend Lisa and I were just NUTS about The Fixx.

Special thanks to BuffaloGal and XTCTom for introducing me to Cy, for taking pictures, and for being kindred spirits when it comes to chasing our favroite band(s) around the country!

I will post a review soon.

Wowie! See you in VA Beach!

:) Tara Lyn

taralyn919
07-25-2005, 02:26 PM
OMG!

I totally forgot I saw The Fixx when they opened for The Police in Tallahassee, Florida! So Thursday was my 2nd Fixx concert.

Oh man, Adam was right when he said they played Tallahassee! I didn't believe him. He joked that I must have been on holiday that day.

Sorry Adam for ever doubting you! I was on holiday Thursday night -- mentally on holiday...

:O Tara Lyn

musegirl
07-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Coincidentally, The Fixx played Ashburn, VA last summer. Did you know about that one?

bella
07-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by musegirl
Coincidentally, The Fixx played Ashburn, VA last summer. Did you know about that one?

No musegirl, I had no idea about the ashburn show!! Next time around, though. I will have to be there. Hey! I just saw that you are from Leesburg?@?@? My sister lives in Lovettsville!! It's a small world. Are you coming down for the VA Beach show?

The Queen
07-25-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm so glad they are going to return to Anywhere, in the state of Virginia again! woohoooooooo!!!

I will be a calm animal now.

Originally posted by taralyn919

Wowie! See you in VA Beach!

taralyn919
07-25-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by musegirl

No, I did not kow that, or I would have been there! Where in Ashburn? I didn't know we had any good venues here. I used to live in Leesburg, but I moved to Ashburn 3 years ago.

At the 930 Club, I was right in the middle about 3 bodies away from the stage. I was right next to BuffaloGal and XTCTom. I was wearing a black shirt that said "80s Girl."

I have a lot of reading to do to become familiar with this forum.

Cy and me at the 930 Club:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/taralyn919/930Club-TaraLynCy_.jpg

xtctom
07-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Welcome Tara Lyn!

Glad to see you made it here, and were able to post the picture. Make yourself at home. If you have any questions, I'm sure one of the fine people here will be able to answer them for you. We're going to the Niles, Ohio show tomorrow with Michelle's sister, so I 'll be away until Thursday.

Tom

The Queen
07-26-2005, 05:51 AM
You look great! oh, and Cy looks nice too.... ;)

Originally posted by taralyn919

Cy and me at the 930 Club:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/taralyn919/930Club-TaraLynCy_.jpg

Ric-Roc
07-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Welcome Tara Lyn,
Hope you find and get your Fixx here.
All the peolple here seem to be great and the
comradery (?) and Fixxations are the best.
Nice shot of you and Cy, did you get anymore from the show.

bella
07-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Great pic Tara! You must be tall, woman, cause when I got a pic with Cy he was towering over me and I'm not short!

Man, I need to get my pics developed.

wingo395
07-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Tara Lyn!

Welcome to the forums! Great photo! I love your smile and Cy's expression - lol... so just..natural and human.

I don't think you're old enough to have attended the show with The Police.. that must've been a dream. Pinch yourself. :)

wingo

bella
07-28-2005, 07:01 PM
I just sent some pics from the goodfella's show to ed and hopefully they will be up on the tour page soon, so go check them out!

Cyn_in_DC
07-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Hi All!

Tara and Bella - I was at that show too, and I am sorry to say I didn't notice ya Tara. I must have been looking elsewhere, hmmm..... :D

Looks like we have a nice VA group of fans here. We must try to get together for VA beach show. I am hoping hoping hoping I don't have to work!

Cyn

The Queen
07-29-2005, 04:33 PM
VB it is! VA is turning out to be a great source of Fixxtures.

I was at Goodfella's tooo and wish I had known who to look for. I guess we could all wear our Fixx shirts, unless it is really hot then we will boil in them.

Originally posted by Cyn_in_DC
Hi All!

Tara and Bella - I was at that show too, and I am sorry to say I didn't notice ya Tara. I must have been looking elsewhere, hmmm..... :D

Looks like we have a nice VA group of fans here. We must try to get together for VA beach show. I am hoping hoping hoping I don't have to work!

Cyn

guido
07-29-2005, 05:14 PM
.....and I think I have a pretty good ear for music. I might not know all the technical jargin, but I do like to listen "between the lines" if I may put it that way.....

GOOD to have you at the boards BELLA!
And we do love good listeners... :D

Steve Pariseau
07-31-2005, 02:54 PM
Hey Tara, you've captured Jamie in a fairly rare moment - wearing a leather jacket. Nice DC photos.

And poor Cy is absolutely DRENCHED in the Goodfellas photos that Petrina took.

Nice shots!

The Queen
07-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Yes, he was, and I've always been told that only a truly phiscally fit person can sweat like that and not run out of breath. He is doing something right!

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau

And poor Cy is absolutely DRENCHED in the Goodfellas photos that Petrina took.

Nice shots!

bella
08-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Yes, as those of us in attendance know it was nasty-hot that night. I gotta give it to the band for working through it. I was a soaking mess by the end and Cy even commented on it after our pic together. He asked me why I was soaking wet and I told him it was because he got me all hot and bothered. ;)

The Queen
08-01-2005, 03:19 PM
So WHERE is this hot and bothered wet teeshirt photo???

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Steve Pariseau
08-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by The Queen
So WHERE is this hot and bothered wet teeshirt photo???

Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Tara's Washington DC photos posted at thefixx.com
Click on Tour - then under DC click Gallery.

bella
08-02-2005, 12:45 PM
I think she's asking about my pics Steve, which are from the goodfella's show.

Queenie, you can see my sopping wet hair in the pics, and of course Cy's very wet and clingy shirt during the show.

I have the rest of my pics posted HERE. (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/foonation/album?.dir=c2da&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/foonation/my_photos) I have one more pic to upload of Adam signing my friends t-shirt, though. Somehow, when I got my pics back I missed that one in the envelope. :P

The Queen
08-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Thanks Bella,

Great photos of all of you! Will this same crowd be at the Virginia Beach show too?

Steve Pariseau
08-02-2005, 10:03 PM
I think she's asking about my pics Steve, which are from the goodfella's show.

Right!
Petrina!
I guess I got confused.
Sorry.

The DC ones were the ones with Jamie wearing leather.