PDA

View Full Version : Less Cities, More Moving People

The Queen
09-02-2005, 07:36 PM
The song "Less Cities, More Moving People" has a whole new meaning for me since Katrina's wrath. It has always been a personal favorite do to it's social conscience, and now it's even more powerful.

MdmVerruca
09-02-2005, 07:45 PM
I agree, that song really resonates with me. I think the Situatuon in the Gulf has really made many people think. Hey, that could be me Or my family and friends.

As I wrote on another thread, my husband and I were in New Orleans about 2 weeks ago. We fell in Love with the city and the people. I can't stop worrying about them all.

Cyn_in_DC
09-03-2005, 07:29 AM
MV, I am glad you had the opportunity to visit NOLA. It was a charming place - never had a bad meal there and there's so much history. It's a real shame.

Q, I was thinking that the song We Once Held Hands is becoming more relevant as well...

Cyn

The Queen
09-03-2005, 07:48 AM
There are a lot of great tunes by our boys for this tragic time. "No One Has To Cry" came to mind too.

DanBoutin
09-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by The Queen
The song "Less Cities, More Moving People" has a whole new meaning for me since Katrina's wrath. It has always been a personal favorite do to it's social conscience, and now it's even more powerful.

So true...and they just happened to play this song tonight after the opener (Touch).

The Queen
09-04-2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by DanBoutin
So true...and they just happened to play this song tonight after the opener (Touch).

That is wonderful! Maybe we in Virginia Beach will be treated with the same tonight!

The Queen
09-05-2005, 04:03 PM
They did it! they played it as their second song in VB! it was great, and they also played "HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH!" with some clever commentaries regarding the price of gas.

It was great to hear two of my favorites last night!

Thanks guys!!!