PDA

View Full Version : Fixx Influences?

Phantom spirit
06-10-2001, 08:23 PM
One of the aspects of the Fixx that makes me like them is their influences are hard to trace, and others were not able to follow in their footsteps either. They are an original sound that is hard to imitate.

But, one cannot live on Fixx alone, and I need to expand my collection, so does anyone have any suggestions for other bands that may sound like the Fixx?

I'll start the ball rolling. I know one Alan Parsons Project song that reminds me of them (Cy is saying, "ugh!") - it's true. And I think I might buy Naked Eyes' "Promises Promises" best of CD.

Maybe I'm way off target. So help me out, okay?

Steve Pariseau
06-10-2001, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Phantom spirit
does anyone have any suggestions for other bands that may sound like the Fixx?

Certain Midnight Oil albums come close to the Fixx sound. Certainly not as far a vocals go, but the music can be similar. Try Deisel and Dust, Earch And Sun And Moon, and Blue Sky Mining. Those are the easiest to get at a bargain price on eBay (couple bucks each).

Hope this helps
Steve

jeff
06-10-2001, 09:05 PM
While I'm not the world's biggest U2 fan, I kinda think their newest hit "Beautiful Day" sounds just a tad like The Fixx, circa Calm Animals. Listen to the falsetto "whoo-hooo"s by Bono - don't they remind you of Cy a bit?