PDA

View Full Version : The Saga Thread

Images
06-12-2001, 06:53 PM
Hey! I love the FIXX, and I think most people who appreciate the FIXX can also appreciate SAGA, that is if you remember them. I bet most who read this don't get much if any "SAGA" played on their local radio stations, but their catalog of music is extensive and great and if you can't quite remember them, check out the links below, I'm sure you will remember atleast a few of their tunes that hit MTV back in the early 80's.

While they may not be "commercially popular" in North America they are a great band, who has had much success on the other side of the world in Europe. It's funny how it can work a band is from North America yet, has a massive audience on the other side of the world. They do have North American fans too, just on a smaller scale when compared to Europe.

If you're an old fan check out the site, if you're new to them, check the site out as well, you may just like them. If you like the FIXX, and I know you all do... I think you'll like SAGA. :)

SAGA - http://www.progrock.com/saga/

TFF - http://pub29.ezboard.com/bsagaland

Images
06-12-2001, 07:00 PM
I must not forget to mention Rupert Hine produced one of SAGA's biggest albums "Worlds Apart" !! He did a great job on it.

mctalg
06-13-2001, 12:41 AM
I love the song "On the Loose" by Saga, but the one that really gets me pumped, is the long version of "Wind Him Up." Both are great tunes, and these are two songs that as you say, MTV played a bunch. Are there other good tunes? If so, maybe it's time I pickup a Saga cd because all I have in my library are the 45's. Is there a disc that has it all?

Images
06-13-2001, 07:05 AM
Hey mctalg,

There are so many good tunes I could make a list pages long! It's like the Fixx for me... you can't just own a compilation cd, you have to get them all! Of course... if you only have the 45's a compilation CD is a great start. SAGA is re-mastering their catalog so that is something to look forward too, but they do have a couple compilation albums that I can recommend to you.

"How Do I Look"... is one and it's a pretty good mix of tunes, but I'd suggest you get "Defining Moments" as it covers slightly more.

There is a good discography page with some sound clips (in real audio) at that SAGA site I listed in my first post the direct link to the discography samples page is: The Complete Saga Discography (http://www.progrock.com/saga/discography.html)

The best place to order SAGA online is at HMV.com, they have almost everything, so if you can't find it locally... here's the link to them. - SAGA CD's at HMV.COM (http://www.hmv.com/servlet/HMVApp/Registration.StartUp/createSessionId?ct=dc&arn=000000000014495)

mctalg
06-13-2001, 10:57 PM
Images....thanks for your suggestions. I will look into them, and go from there.

Take care!

MK
06-16-2001, 09:13 PM
May I suggest starting with Saga 1978-1993 All The Best? It has all the hits and some pretty cool tunes as well.

I've never seen them live but a friend who also likes them saw them open for Styx last fall. He said unfortunately they sucked - they are definitely a studio band. :(

Images
06-16-2001, 10:07 PM
They are not just a studio band. I seen them open for Styx as well and I can tell you for what they had to work with (being stripped down) to make room for all of Styx's gear, they sure rocked the roof of the dump.

Saga is the best live band I have ever seen, your friend was half right, but it's NOT because they aren't a good live band, they had a bad setup... I think Styx should have been opening for them, not the other way around. Saga got stuck with very little space and no room for equipment. It was not Saga's fault I can tell you that much, this band puts on a hell of a show! :)

The only reason I didn't suggest "All The Best 1978-1993" is because I think it's out of print.

otis robb
06-23-2001, 01:58 AM
its quite a bewilderment of the groups rather indifference
fan base here in the states. oh they have fans here but can anyone spell out the last time Michael Jimmy/ Ian Crichton Steve Negus and Jim gilmour toured here? Interestly too I believe the band "holds court" in the states and records in Calif as well.
1997's Pleasure and Pain was record at Sound Image Van Nuys Calif; 1999's Full Circle at Sound Images; 2000's Generation 13 at
Goodnight Lab Van Nuys Calif and the recent House of Cards at Sound Images. Probably the guys dont want to sound like an overbloated Gordon Sumner or the latest bevy of Ozz Fest sweepstakes winners. Their music cant be catergorized into alternative, rap, death metal, or classic schlock! Viva bands/artists who eschew such absymal nonsense!

Images
06-23-2001, 03:11 PM
I believe the last time they toured the U.S. was in support of the "Behaviour" album. It is true they do record some of their albums in California, actually Jim Crichton lives in California now and since he produces most of their albums it would make sense that they were done in California. The rest of the band lives in Canada, and Michael Sadler now calls Germany his home as he lives there these days.

I heard they were looking to maybe hook up with Dream Theater or another big name prog band to tour with in the States, if they can't find one... I guess it won't happen, but that would be cool!

SAGA's music truly can't be categorized into anything other than their own brand of inspiring progressive synth rock. I love their music, it's so good, once you get hooked you're a fan for life. :)

nox
01-04-2002, 01:17 AM
Hello you all....

... yes that's right, you can compare Saga a little bit with the Fixx, sometimes the voice of Michael Sadler sounds like Cy's, and the clear sound of the albums between 81 and 85 is similar.

I had seen them in April 2002 in Cologne/Germany and unfortunalety they have not more the resonance like in the early 80s. But steady and faithful fans like the Fixx. It was a good gig.

Hope for you that they will tour in America someday, as it will be great if The Fixx will play in Germany again, because i fail to see them in 91.

Cheers, Nox!

KennyShipman
05-22-2002, 12:43 PM
Saga is indeed one of the greatest bands ever; thanks for bringing them up on the Fixx forum. Their official site is saga-world.com.
Unfortunately they pretty much stick around germany and south america as far as touring; I was in Dallas seeing Rush on the Power Windows tour, outside talking to someone who said he had seen Saga in a club the night before, and it was so empty that they were hanging out with the audience and taking requests from the stage. Don't know if that's true but if so it's a sad commentary on the state of the American music market. Check out my site- http://www.tarotmusic.com - which references my book "The Answers to All the World's Problems" which in part describes why the American music industry (and others) has decayed.
ks

fishnoises
10-18-2002, 08:36 PM
Someone else brought up Saga on another thread. World's Apart is indeed and excellent album. My brother just gave that greatest hits cd for my birthday. It did bring back a lot of memories. I was in to them before the Fixx came along and blinded me to anyone else!
Caroline

Wilkie UK
01-13-2003, 06:36 AM
There has been much talk about The Fixx on the Saga message board, http://www.worldsapart.ca/forums/.

Both bands have a lot in common, and it seems, alot of shared fans :D

The Whistler
06-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Saga fans love the Fixx....just curious...Saga is a rock version of the Fixx.......

Fixxation
06-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Hello Whistler,

I was a Saga fan for years. I used to live in Toronto, Canada and have been to several of their concerts.

Wilkie UK is a big fan too.

Fixxation

The Whistler
06-09-2004, 01:06 AM
I know Wiklie, good man, Behaviour is a very Fixxs sounding record:D

Wilkie UK
06-09-2004, 03:26 AM
I would agree about Behaviour, very Fixx-ish. They've got back to their roots, a little bit, on their last few releases, but there are still many moments that could cross over :D

skip63
06-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Oh ya they do! No Stranger is my favorite song of there's.

bcolish
06-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Here is a saga thread (http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.php?threadid=329&highlight=saga) from a while back.

skip63
06-09-2004, 10:04 PM
I turned my nephew who is 15 years old onto Saga and he loves Worls Apart.

Fixxation
06-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Hello All,

My favorite albums are Images At Twlight, World's Apart and In Transit.

Being a former Canadian, I love it that Saga is getting some attention. I heard that they may do a US tour. I would love to see them again.

Fixxation

Wilkie UK
06-10-2004, 02:36 AM
Saga have just announced a number of dates in Germany, for November. This is in support of their forthcoming album, Network. It promises to be a cracker!!
I kinda get the feeling that some US dates MIGHT be on the cards, but I guess they have to play where the crowds are :rolleyes:

Crucified
06-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Saga is actually my favorite band.

Saga probably will never tour the US. Fixx fans get the Saga Siloutte DVD.....Has most of their vidoes, concert footage, and a Behind the Music like documentary.

skip63
06-10-2004, 10:22 PM

Saga probably will never tour the US. Fixx fans get the Saga Siloutte DVD.....Has most of their vidoes, concert footage, and a Behind the Music like documentary."quote"
I just ordered it but I couldn't get the track listing. Do you have it? Please post.

Wilkie UK
06-11-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by skip63

Saga probably will never tour the US. Fixx fans get the Saga Siloutte DVD.....Has most of their vidoes, concert footage, and a Behind the Music like documentary."quote"
I just ordered it but I couldn't get the track listing. Do you have it? Please post.

It's a really great compilation. Here you go: -

MUSIC VIDEOS:

01. Don't Be Late
02. Careful Where You Step
03. On The Loose
04. Amnesia
05. Wind Him Up (Mix)
06. Catwalk
07. The Flyer
08. What Do I Know
09. Always There
10. Money Talks
SAGA LIVE

01. The Perfectionist
02. Compromise
03. Ice Nice
04. Time's Up
05. Scratching The Surface
06. Don't Be Late
07. You're Not Alone
08. It's Time (Bootleg)
09. Humble Stance (Bootleg)
10. Intermission (Bootleg)
2002 INTERVIEW

01. Once In A Lifetime - Intro
02. In The Beginning
03. Chapters / London
04. We'll Meet Again
05. Full Circle
06. Gear
07. Studio
08. Touring
09. Credits

skip63
07-01-2004, 10:32 PM
First off thanks to whoever started this thred.
I enjoyed this band in the 80's alot. My favorite albums ware Worlds Apart and Heads or Tails.
I just recieved the DVD Silhoutte. It's awesome!
I recomend this DVD to whoever likes SAGA.
It has all the video from the era and some great live stuff.

Wilkie UK
07-02-2004, 02:19 AM
Saga will have a new album out in the Autumn, accompanied by a tour. They have announced German dates, so far, but others will be added. Maybe, even some US dates!?!?!?!?! :confused:

Wilkie UK
07-02-2004, 03:11 AM
31/10/04 uk london mean fiddler
01/11/04 netherlands tilburg O13
02/11/04 netherlands Zoetermeer De Boerderij
04/11/04 sweden Malmoe kb
05/11/04 sweden Karlskrona Kino
06/11/04 denmark T.B.A.
07/11/04 sweden Stockholm Berns
08/11/04 norway Oslo rockerfella
09/11/04 denmark copenhagen Amager Bio
11/11/04 germany Wilhemshaven pumpwerk
12/11/04 germany Hannover Capitol
13/11/04 germany Bunde
14/11/04 germany Hamburg Fabrik
16/11/04 germany Gersthofen Stadthalle
18/11/04 germany Mainz Frankfurterhof
19/11/04 germany Bad Rappenau Mühltalhalle
20/11/04 germany Beverungen Stadthalle
21/11/04 germany Bonn Brueckenforum
23/11/04 germany Nurnburg Lowensaal
24/11/04 germany Stuttgart LKA
25/11/04 germany Karlsruhe festhalle durlach
26/11/04 germany Kaiserslautern Kammgarn
27/11/04 germany Munchen Muffethalle
28/11/04 switzerland Pratteln Z-7

Fixxation
07-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Hello All,

I have been a Saga fan since the beginning. They played my high school back in the late 70's early 80's in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I was hooked! Living here in the USA, I forgot about them. It is a shame that great talent like the Fixx and Saga get very little recognition here in the US.

It is scary to me that Saga was the first band that I was absolutely "addicted to". I went to every concert they played in Toronto and followed their career. Today, I am "addicted to" the Fixx. I would have never drawn the parallel between the two bands. Thanks for keeping me informed and I will be in Canada in two weeks and I plan on stocking up on Saga.

Thanks for bringing back old but good memories for me. If I can dig them up, I will post some of my Saga pictures. I don't have any great ones but I have some from early in their career.

Fixxation

skip63
07-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Get the cd Images and Words by Dream Theater and you'll be hooked. If you like Saga you'll love Dream Theater but get that CD

Fixxation
07-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Hello Skip,

I will get it, "Images" is ease to remember because Saga had an album called Images At Twlight.

Hey by chance were you born in 63 (Skip63)? Just curious because I am.

Fixxation

skip63
07-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Ya I'm an old fart Grew up on Zep, Black Sabbath,SteppenWolf,Deep Purplle then in 76' I heard Rush 2112 and Progressive rock fan was born. But I love all music. The wife saw that The Fixx was in town last month and we went and loved it. and here I am on their message board. 63 was a good year.

Fixxation
07-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Hello Skip,

Are we old? I don't feel old. I love the same music as you do. Do you remember Nazareth? I saw them a few times.

What new groups do you like?

Fixxation

Wilkie UK
07-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Fixxation
Hello All,

I have been a Saga fan since the beginning. They played my high school back in the late 70's early 80's in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I was hooked! Living here in the USA, I forgot about them. It is a shame that great talent like the Fixx and Saga get very little recognition here in the US.

It is scary to me that Saga was the first band that I was absolutely "addicted to". I went to every concert they played in Toronto and followed their career. Today, I am "addicted to" the Fixx. I would have never drawn the parallel between the two bands. Thanks for keeping me informed and I will be in Canada in two weeks and I plan on stocking up on Saga.

Thanks for bringing back old but good memories for me. If I can dig them up, I will post some of my Saga pictures. I don't have any great ones but I have some from early in their career.

Fixxation It would be great to see some old photos, I have a few in my posession. Really old ones, where Michael Sadler has this massive handlebar moustache :eek:

SilentGeoff
07-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Hey by chance were you born in 63 (Skip63)? Just curious because I am.

Fixxation

Fixxy & Skip,

Add me to the "born in '63" & Saga/Fixx fans set. Just recently got "Worlds Apart" on CD. Had been listening to the cassette I had of it for ages and decided it was time for the CD copy.

Geoff

Fixxation
07-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Hello Silent,

Okay, this is getting scary. Based on this random sample is it save to say that people born in 63 love The Fixx and Saga and have great taste in music? Hey Silent, tell Skip we are not old.

"Where Michael Sadler has this massive handlebar moustache." Hey Wilkie UK, if I can find mine I have the same kind of shots.

Fixxation

SilentGeoff
07-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Hey Silent, tell Skip we are not old.
Fixxation

OK Fixxy here goes....

Skip.....you're only as old as ya feel.

After the stuff that's been goin on in this neck of the woods I'm feeling like I'm in my 20's again.

Geoff

Fixxation
07-06-2004, 11:31 PM
Hello Silent,

If you ever make to Southern California let me know, I owe you atleast a beer for the "Sniff and The Tears" song you had on one of my posts. Right on! You are only as old as you feel and we are reliving our youth everyday on this website.

Keep on posting you guys. Silent, I really liked their live album "In Transit."

Take care everyone,

Fixxy

heimo
07-07-2004, 12:34 AM
It is really funny that Saga have their biggest fans in germany.

But times are getting harder for saga as well. When they toured in germany between 1984 and 1987 - I think it must been the time between "Heads or Tales" and Behaviour" Saga played before a crowd of 6000 to 12ooo people.

Today they play in small locations (500 people maximum?) but they still have true fans.

They are still so busy recording and so the germans can call themself lucky to see a saga-tour nearly every year!!!!!!

Like you fixxtures are able to see The Fixx in America!

Stay tuned and take care,
Heimo

Wilkie UK
07-07-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by heimo
It is really funny that Saga have their biggest fans in germany.

But times are getting harder for saga as well. When they toured in germany between 1984 and 1987 - I think it must been the time between "Heads or Tales" and Behaviour" Saga played before a crowd of 6000 to 12ooo people.

Today they play in small locations (500 people maximum?) but they still have true fans.

They are still so busy recording and so the germans can call themself lucky to see a saga-tour nearly every year!!!!!!

Like you fixxtures are able to see The Fixx in America!

Stay tuned and take care,
Heimo Here in the UK, we are delighted to have Saga back. Through the late 80's/ early 90's, they didn't visit this country, as it wasn't worth their while. However, last year, we had 3 UK dates on the Marathon tour. We have, at least one, this time around, as I think 3 was too many, and not all shows were sold-out.
I'm planning to attend the fan meeting in November, so I should get to see them, at least, twice. :cool: :cool: :cool:

skip63
07-07-2004, 03:53 PM
I don't think they are ever comming to the US anytime in the future. They live in the UK and seem to only do a few shows in Canada.

Wilkie UK
07-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by skip63
I don't think they are ever comming to the US anytime in the future. They live in the UK and seem to only do a few shows in Canada. Who lives in the UK? Certainly not Saga :D

skip63
07-08-2004, 05:12 PM
On the Silloutte video 2003 the interview with all of them stated they live in London.

Wilkie UK
07-09-2004, 04:38 AM
I must have fast-forwarded past them talking :rolleyes: I know that Michael Sadler lives in Germany, Jim Crichton lives in LA, Ian Crichton and Jim Gilmour both live in Toronto. Im' not sure about the new drummer, Christian Simpson, but I think he's in Canada.

heimo
07-09-2004, 05:21 AM
A new Drummer? Oh, what happend to Steve Negus???
Do you have any Infos?

Heimo

Fixxation
07-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Hello All,

I could be wrong here but I read that he was working on an album and that he left the band in 2003.

Fixxation

Fixxation
07-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Hello Fellow Saga Fans,

Who is the link between The Fixx and Saga.

Fixxation

Wilkie UK
07-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Hello Fellow Saga Fans,

Who is the link between The Fixx and Saga.

Fixxation Easy-peasy, lemon-queezy.......Rupert Hine :cool:

Wilkie UK
07-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Hello All,

I could be wrong here but I read that he was working on an album and that he left the band in 2003.

Fixxation Yes indeed. Steve Negus left (he wasn't pushed) in the middle of last year. Christian Simpson is supposed to be a great drummer, he even plays an acoustic kit :eek:

Fixxation
07-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Hello All,

Is Steve Negus the greatest left handed drummer?

Also does anyone else think that Michael Sadler's reminds them a little of Freddie Mercury. I was watching All Areas today and I could not help but see a little Freddie in Michael's showmenship.

P.S.Wilkie UK was correct it is Rupert Hine. I knew you guys would get this.

Fixxation

Wilkie UK
07-10-2004, 06:30 AM
I think Freddie Mercury was a great inspiration to Michael Sadler's stage theatrics. Not similiar in voice, but both great leaders of bands. :D :cool:

skip63
07-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Has anyone heard the most recent album Marathon?
Please post your reviews

Wilkie UK
07-15-2004, 04:26 AM
Marathon was released about 16 months ago. The title (and openeing) track works better live, but is a pretty standard Saga opener. Most of the songs are in a similiar vein to those on 'Full Circle' and 'House of Cards', but the standout track, has to be 'Rise And Shine'. It's hypnotic rhythms and simplicity just draw you in, and leave you pressing 'repeat', over and over again. A truly magical tune....:D

Fixxation
07-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Hello Saga Fans,

Can someone explain to me how the Chapters work? I noticed that there are songs with Chapters. Do all the Chapters tell a story. Why is there a "Don't Be Late" Chapter 2 and 3.

Thanks,

Fixxation

Wilkie UK
08-02-2004, 01:21 PM
I just emailed you the complete lyrics for the Chapters, along with a pretty close interpretation form the Saga forum.

I've just received my ticket, to see them in London in October, on the first night of their Network tour :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

skip63
08-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Wilkie UK
I just emailed you the complete lyrics for the Chapters, along with a pretty close interpretation form the Saga forum.

I've just received my ticket, to see them in London in October, on the first night of their Network tour :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
You lucky dog!

Fixxation
08-02-2004, 09:24 PM

Please let us know how the concert is and what the new album is like.

Fixxation

skip63
08-02-2004, 11:20 PM
I dont want to start a new thred but what does everyone think about a "wish" set list ? Here is mine.
Worlds Apart the whole album !
Heads or Tails the whole album !
After that I'm pretty much open to any suggestions.

Wilkie UK
09-21-2004, 02:56 AM
Rumours are circulating that Saga will perform one of the 'old' albums, in it's entirety, in this tour :eek: Maybe 'Worlds Apart'.....

I just got the new album yesterday, man, it ROCKS a big one!!!! I'll give a full review, when I've listened to it, a few more times. :D :cool:

SilentGeoff
09-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Rumours are circulating that Saga will perform one of the 'old' albums, in it's entirety, in this tour :eek: Maybe 'Worlds Apart'.....

Now that would be too cool to see in concert.

I have an offer for any of the Saga/Fixx fans here. I have the Saga CD "Face A Face" and well don't like it at all. If someone wants this I will trade something with them for it [a burn of your favorite Saga tunes, a CD that you may not like that I would or whatever...as Kramer stated in an episode of Seinfeld "Interesting trades considered" or something like that]. Email or Private message me here and we'll see what we can work out.

Geoff

Wilkie UK
09-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by SilentGeoff
Now that would be too cool to see in concert.

I have an offer for any of the Saga/Fixx fans here. I have the Saga CD "Face A Face" and well don't like it at all. If someone wants this I will trade something with them for it [a burn of your favorite Saga tunes, a CD that you may not like that I would or whatever...as Kramer stated in an episode of Seinfeld "Interesting trades considered" or something like that]. Email or Private message me here and we'll see what we can work out.

Geoff I think 'face a face' is by a different Saga. I believe that there is/ was a French solo singer, who went under this name.

There are a number of good Saga (the band) collections out there, or just get yourself a copy of the latest album. :D :D :D

SilentGeoff
09-21-2004, 09:59 AM
I think 'face a face' is by a different Saga. I believe that there is/ was a French solo singer, who went under this name.

There are a number of good Saga (the band) collections out there, or just get yourself a copy of the latest album. :D :D :D

That would explain the total style difference between what I had from the group and what is on this CD....oh well sometimes this kinda thing happens when you shop in the pawn shops. I will look out for a collection or CD or whatever but Saga isn't really a popular band out this way [Iowa] so I may have to Amazon or eBay or something to get some tunes from them.

Geoff

Wilkie UK
09-22-2004, 02:50 AM
It's a shame, but they don't seem very popular anywhere in the US, but small pockets of individuals, scattered across the states. :mad: :( Ebay is pretty good, but most of their cds are on sale from Germany, if you don't mind paying the postage

SilentGeoff
09-22-2004, 09:18 AM
It's a shame, but they don't seem very popular anywhere in the US, but small pockets of individuals, scattered across the states. :mad: :( Ebay is pretty good, but most of their cds are on sale from Germany, if you don't mind paying the postage

Yeah I agree totally Wilkie, Saga is the type of group that you would have figured would have caught on huge here but well I guess it's not to be the case. I have checked eBay for their stuff but the people selling are just asking way too much shipping-wise for me to consider the items. I think I will be dealing with Amazon on this. They have a pretty good selection to choose from and the shipping charges are reasonable. I had "Worlds Apart" on CD but my nephew "borrowed" it and then was transferred from a stateside post in the Army to Germany and he's expecting to be in Iraq by the end of the year so I decided to just let him have the CD.

Geoff

Wilkie UK
09-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Maybe I can cut you some samples? There's a lot of great stuff in the Saga back catalogue:cool: :D :D

Steve Pariseau
09-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Or...
I've a buddy (the one that just scored me a dozen Camel tunes) that's about to put up a bunch of Saga in a discrete folder.

Anyone who wants to know where said folder is send me an e'mail. The folder will only be up for a day or two, so no lolligaggin'

Fixxation
09-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Hello All,

Their new album Network is now on sale. I have bought a lot of their music on Amazon. I just ordered 3 albums and they are probably sitting in my mailbox at home.

Fixxation

Wilkie UK
09-24-2004, 04:25 AM
I guess it's a good sign, but amazon.co.uk and play.com have both sold out of 'Network' :cool: Mind you, if they only had 5 copies to start with.........:confused: :D

SilentGeoff
09-24-2004, 07:03 AM
I just went ahead and ordered "Worlds Apart", "The Very Best Of Saga" & "Heads or Tails" from Amazon. I knew the two full CDs already having had them on LP back in the day. And figured the import best of would be a good cross-section of the rest of the material to be a jumping in point.

Geoff

Wilkie UK
09-24-2004, 07:07 AM
Yeah, that's a pretty good listing: -

Track Listings
1. Wind Him Up
2. (You Were) Never Alone - Edited Version
3. Wildest Dreams
4. Humble Stance
5. You And The Night
6. The Flyer
7. The Security Of Illusion
8. Why Not (Single Edit)
9. How Long
10. Only Time Will Tell
11. Starting All Over
12. What Do I Know
13. Help Me Out
14. Say Goodbye To Hollywood
15. On The Loose

There's old stuff, as well as stuff from the time when they were just a trio (Michael Sadler, Jim Crichton and Ian Crichton) :cool: :cool:

SilentGeoff
09-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Yeah, that's a pretty good listing: -

Track Listings
1. Wind Him Up
2. (You Were) Never Alone - Edited Version
3. Wildest Dreams
4. Humble Stance
5. You And The Night
6. The Flyer
7. The Security Of Illusion
8. Why Not (Single Edit)
9. How Long
10. Only Time Will Tell
11. Starting All Over
12. What Do I Know
13. Help Me Out
14. Say Goodbye To Hollywood
15. On The Loose

There's old stuff, as well as stuff from the time when they were just a trio (Michael Sadler, Jim Crichton and Ian Crichton) :cool: :cool:

Yeah that's what I thought and I wanted the other 2 CDs anyway so it was just a pretty good idea at the time. Should be here by next week sometime or tomorrow....never know with Amazon.

Geoff

Wilkie UK
11-01-2004, 03:38 AM
First, the show was awesome (would we expect anything else?).....despite some technical problems, the setlist was more than expected. I counted 6 songs from Network, and an oldie from HoT :o Michael Sadler was in top form, really pinning the notes, as if he had something to prove. The biggest thing for me, was just how easily Christian fitted in. No-one expected him to just 'replace' Steve Negus, but he seemed to introduce something different to the band. Playing an acoustic kit, definitely helped.
The overall sound felt looser, which fitted the songs chosen. Ah yes, the setlist: -

On The Air
Keep It Reel
Humble Stance
Careful Where You Step
The One
Runaway
On The Loose
Wind Him Up
Amnesia
Framed
Time's Up
Interview
No Regrets
Conversations
No Stranger
Scratchin' The Surface
If I Were You
Believe
I'm Back
You're Not Alone
Don't Make A Sound
Don't Be Late (encore)
The Flyer (encore)

So, as you can see, they chose to play World's Apart, from start the finish. This went very well, from my position, and the band seemed to enjoy playing some of the oldies. The biggest surprise, was the feel to 'Time's Up', very mellow, and lighter.

Wilkie UK
03-16-2005, 07:00 AM
For those who know who Michael Sadler is, you should checkout his website Michael Sadler (http://www.michaelsadler.com)

The website is managed by his wife, and Michael is a regular poster on the associated forum.

He's answered all sorts of irrelevant questions, and is only too keen to start up threads on various subjects. :cool:

heimo
07-04-2005, 02:08 AM
I came from another Saga-Concert in Germany (Krefeld/Kulturfrabrik) yesterday. First of all: I was very surprised that Saga's Band-Mixer played a CD before the Concert and people were able to listen to "Secret Separation" and "Changing". I remember that Wilkie mentioned that The Fixx have been discussed on Saga's homepage so maybe there are really a lot of people who like both bands.

I guess just Wilkie and Fixxation are interested so I keep it short:

400 people, a very small stage but nice location. A very different Setlist then they did the last show I saw them 6 month ago in Bonn. No acoustic part this time, just one slow song (Alone again tonight) and just two songs from the latest album (On the Air, Keep it reel).

It was IMO an unexpected rocking show. Michael Sadler invited the people to sing along directly after the first instrumental opener (Conversations). Of course they played nearly all their hits. (Wind him up, You are not alone, On the Loose, Take a chance, The Flyer, Humble Stance, Don't be late, Scratching the Surface,Times up, ......)

BY the way: Every time I saw Saga until now Sadler does not forget to mention that "Worlds Apart" was produced by Rupert Hine before playing songs from that album.

Cheers!

Wilkie UK
07-04-2005, 06:45 AM
Hey Heimo,

I would have loved to have been there! Sounds like a cracking setlist; Take A Chance!!!!!:eek: They haven't played that since 1986!!!:cool: With the great reaction that 'Network' received, and now that the band are self-managed (sound familiar?), Saga are on the up!!:D

heimo
07-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Setlist, Wilkie. Just for you!

conversations
wind him up
youre not alone
the one
runaway
careful where you step
times up
on the air
keep it reel
scratching the surface (daryl alone)
take a chance
we've been here before (from wildest dreams)
framed
alone again tonight
humble stance
on the loose

zugaben:
don't be late
the flyer

fotolinda
07-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Ah- there are Saga fans here in the States too! Great to see their set list!

Deep Red
07-07-2005, 05:12 AM
Great band Saga! Canadian band as far as i know. People have always thought they were a German band.

Wilkie UK
07-07-2005, 07:16 AM
I guess they have to stick with their biggest market :rolleyes:

SilentGeoff
07-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Odd thing....I was grocery shopping yesterday [that's not so odd but...] when for the first time since it was a single I heard "On The Loose" on the in-store music....followed by The Fixx's "Touch"....I then had to come home and put on some Saga & Fixx to fill out the day :D

heimo
07-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Deep Red
Great band Saga! Canadian band as far as i know. People have always thought they were a German band.

They really have a lot of longtime Fans in Germany. And their record-company SPV (since Full Circle back in 1999) is a german one. (Hannover)

Images
08-26-2005, 11:57 PM
I started this thread way back and now my links are completely out of date, I would edit my post but for some strange reason administration doesn't allow it. I think that sucks, but it's not my board so who am I to complain.

SAGA -> http://www.saga-world.com (2 options)

SAGA-WORLD FORUM -> http://www.imagesandwords.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

MICHAEL SADLER -> http://www.michaelsadler.com

Michael is having huge success early on with his solo album!!

Steve Pariseau
08-27-2005, 12:05 AM
Hm, you should be able to edit any of your own posts.

You have to be logged in as Images in order for the edit button to grant you access to edit your post.

The only other thing I can think of is if the webmaster has some sort of time restriction as to how old a post can be in order for it to be still editable. I'll find out.

Images
08-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Yes, it said something about 2000, so I assume the limit is 2000 seconds or minutes.

I started the thread June 13, 2001. ;) :D :p :)

Images
09-06-2005, 09:45 PM
http://www.michaelsadler.com/images/elrey.jpg

Yep, that's right. Michael Sadler will be shooting a DVD for "Clear" his first official solo album. This event will take place at The El Rey in Los Angeles on September 15th, 2005 and ADMISSION to this show is FREE!!!

Public access hours to be announced shortly through the website. If you have any questions regarding this video shoot, you can ask them at Michael Sadler forum in a thread called "CLEAR VIDEO SHOOT" (http://www.michaelsadler.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=183) and they will be answered as soon as possible.

http://www.michaelsadler.com/albums/clear.jpg

For more information visit http://www.michaelsadler.com/news.html
(check out the new Clear media player!)

The El Rey
5515 Wilshire Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA. 90036
http://www.theelrey.com/index.shtml

Images
09-07-2005, 05:11 PM
SAGA... Michael Sadler! Tonight, we're ON THE LOOSE!!!!!

SAGA's guitarist extraordinaire Ian Crichton will be part of this show, as the original guitarist had other commitments. So, if you want to see 2/5th's of SAGA and are in the L.A. area go for it!

http://www.michaelsadler.com/photos/oldroxy/bigimages/1_sgtf256.jpg

Be a part of DVD history! :)

The Whistler
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Jim C. the Saga bass player will be there too......bringing stuff to get signed!!!! This will be killer!!!!

The Whistler
09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Is anyone planning on going? Fixxation??? Hows that Clear cd treating u?

Wilkie UK
09-12-2005, 03:31 AM
I wish I could be there! I hope you guys have a ball! :cool:

fixxfanatic
09-12-2005, 08:33 PM
How about a Saga and Fixx concert?
It would be mind blowin'!

Fixxation
09-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Hello All,

Don't even let me dream about this The Fixx and Saga! I think this would happen when "Hell Freezes Over." You never know just ask the Eagles.

In the mean time I will keep dreaming about it1

Fixxation

heimo
11-01-2005, 09:58 AM
SAGA signs worldwide deal with InsideOut Music!

InsideOut Music proudly welcomes the legendary Canadian melodic rock band, SAGA to their already powerful roster of artists.

SAGA, well-known for their 1981 mega-hits, "On The Loose" and "Wind Him Up" have recently signed a worldwide deal with InsideOut Music. On November 8th InsideOut Music America will release the band's latest studio album, Network, and the live 2CD set, The Live Chapters. The
North American version of Network will contain an exclusive bonus DVD with a 5.1 mix of the entire album. There are also plans for a live DVD and double live album release of some special Worlds Apart concerts that will be filmed in Europe later this year. The band is also entering the
studio in October to begin work on their new album, to be released in early 2006.

Wilkie UK
11-02-2005, 04:08 AM
Apparently, the 5.1 DVD is not just audio!! :goodie:

Wilkie UK
03-27-2006, 03:03 AM
I thought I should resurrect this thread, as Saga are about to release a new album "Trust" Saga On Tour (http://www.sagaontour.com/) If anyone in the US has trouble finding this, just let me know :wave: :cheers:

fotolinda
03-27-2006, 04:46 AM
I love clicking on the link and having "Wind Him Up" play... nice way to start the day.

heimo
03-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Wow, the cover of the new album looks great...

The Queen
03-29-2006, 06:42 PM
That sounds really good!

heimo
04-01-2006, 05:26 AM
Info about the new album "Trust":

Saga have accomplished almost 30 years of music history with sixteen studio albums, three live releases and eight compilations generating millions of album sales around the world. In addition, they have performed concerts in over 20 countries in front of a combined audience of about 15 million fans. So what kind of challenge is posed by a new studio album? “There is always an incentive” says Michael Sadler, vocalist, keyboardist and founding member of the successful Canadian quintet. “The biggest challenge we face now at this point in our career is to preserve our original style as much as possible and also try to integrate as many fresh new ideas into Saga’s sound as we can”.

The melodic progsters succeed with album number 17, succinctly and ambivalently titled “Trust”. “Trust” comes two years after their last release “Network”. “This album is a continuation of our last record”, explains Sadler. “It’s different in that we very deliberately made an attempt to revive a few of the more progressive elements from our earlier albums. It’s something that our fans have wanted us to do for a long time and we wanted to try this as much as possible without limiting our creativity. I don’t want to give away too much before the release of “Trust”. I like the idea of an audience that doesn’t really know what to expect from us”.

Sorry, Mr. Sadler but you really ought to give us a few more clues... “Trust” encompasses a sound that Saga have become well known for, symphonic rock full of bombastic keyboard and guitar melodies, shaped by virtuoso performances and driven by an agile and creative rhythm section (with new drummer Brian Doerner really shining). The band has always featured brilliant solos and stand out vocals. “On The Other Side” impressively demonstrates some of those “fresh ideas” that Sadler previously mentioned. Starting out like an Irish folk tune with accordion and a melancholic undertone, the song has a Gentle Giant feel to it with its combination of guitar, organ, synth bass and a vibraphone arpeggio, it moves into the classic Saga sound with its huge melodies.

This harks back to the group’s first albums, which are still considered by many as being their best work. It was these first few releases which brought them the reputation of being the first neo prog band. “Trust” however actually sounds better than their 1978 self-titled debut and its successors ”Images At Twilight” and ”Silent Knight”. The sounds are much more varied, the songs more mature, and the arrangements much more detailed and dynamic. This is the result of experienced musicians who are constantly seeking new challenges and never content to rest on their laurels.

Songs like “We Were Right” show a powerful rock aspect to the band, while “I’m OK” focuses on the progressive side and “My Friend” (a ballad complete with woodwind players and a classical touch) nicely displays an as yet unseen side of the band. They make “Trust” as multi-facetted as the album title itself. ”Trust is a word which gives rise to many different reactions” Sadler says. “It can be something good, something painfully necessary, something frustrating or hopeful, each depending on the situation and the people who use the word or hear it. A few songs deal with this topic, but all in all ‘Trust’ is just a collection of well written songs by a band of good friends for an audience helping us to have fun with the things we are doing”.

The album will be released as a special edition (first edition comes as a digipack) with a bonus DVD featuring the making of the album.

Fixxation
04-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Hello Heimo,

Thanks a million for the update! Great information. By the way, did you get your Chapters Live back from me? It could have come by now?

By the way, UK Wilkie, if you read this do you still have a copy of what the Chapters mean when the whole story is put together?

Let me know I would love to have a ciopy of the entire story.

Fixxation

heimo
04-02-2006, 06:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fixxation
[B]Hello Heimo,

Thanks a million for the update! Great information. By the way, did you get your Chapters Live back from me? It could have come by now?

Thank you! everything is fine. Just lasted a few days and it was back in germany... :tup:

Wilkie UK
04-03-2006, 02:53 AM
Hi Fixxation, I'll try and find the story behind the Chapters. Wasn't it in the liner notes with the live Chapters cds, though?

heimo
04-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Saga - WED 24.05.06 UK London The Garage!

Someone of the UK-Fixxtures thinking about going there???

Wilkie UK
04-06-2006, 05:10 AM
Saga - WED 24.05.06 UK London The Garage!

Someone of the UK-Fixxtures thinking about going there??? I already have my ticket:D I honestly thought they band would miss out the UK this time, but I'm glad they still remember us! :cool:

heimo
04-06-2006, 06:05 AM
What I find interesting and nice is that they are going to play accoustic-sets in some big record stores here in germany.

I am going to see them on 21th april in a town called wuppertal.

Wilkie UK
04-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Without any doubt, Germany has (and always will be) Saga's biggest market. I remember seeing them play at the Rock Am Ring Festival in 1985, just before 'Behaviour' was released:cool:

Wilkie UK
05-03-2006, 02:31 PM
The new Saga album, Trust, is out in Europe, to rave reviews. The band are reported to be cooking at the live shows, so all bodes well for their final night of the current tour, in London on 24th May.

I picked this up from the Saga Germany forum: -
"Trust ist auf Platz 23 in die German TOP 100 Album Charts eingestiegen!!!"

My German is non-existent, but I think this says that Trust has entered the German album charts? Heimo!! Help me out! :D

heimo
05-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Exactly! You are totally right! ;)

Fixxation
05-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Hello Heimo and UK,

Thanks for the updates! How bad is it, that I am Canadian and live in the US and I rarely get any information about Saga.

Fixation

heimo
05-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Hello Heimo and UK,

Thanks for the updates! How bad is it, that I am Canadian and live in the US and I rarely get any information about Saga.

Fixation

Don't worry, engels. We try to keep you informed.

Still waiting for my copy of the new cd with the bonus dvd from amazon. hope to hear trust really soon.

Wilkie UK
05-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, Heimo! Such a high entry, is a magnificent achievement for a band of 29 years!

I have already received my Trust cd (with bonus dvd) from amazon.de, as it's still not available in the UK. The album is not as immediate as Network, but I listened to it non-stop yesterday at work, and it just gets better and better.

Don't worry Engels, I am waiting for another copy of Trust to arrive, would you like that one?:wave:

Fixxation
05-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Hello UK,

"Don't worry Engels, I am waiting for another copy of Trust to arrive, would you like that one?"

It is available on Amazon on May 23. It is probably easier for me to pick it up here. But thanks for asking!

Fixxation aka Engels:goodie:

heimo
05-04-2006, 01:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wilkie UK
[B]Thanks for the confirmation, Heimo! Such a high entry, is a magnificent achievement for a band of 29 years!

That's true. And most of the concerts in germany have been sold out. They have a lot of loyal fans: Like some fixxtures do they build a convoy to see as many shows as possible.

Wilkie UK
05-04-2006, 03:01 AM
Hello UK,

"Don't worry Engels, I am waiting for another copy of Trust to arrive, would you like that one?"

It is available on Amazon on May 23. It is probably easier for me to pick it up here. But thanks for asking!

Fixxation aka Engels:goodie: No problems!:wave:

Wilkie UK
05-04-2006, 03:02 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wilkie UK
[B]Thanks for the confirmation, Heimo! Such a high entry, is a magnificent achievement for a band of 29 years!

That's true. And most of the concerts in germany have been sold out. They have a lot of loyal fans: Like some fixxtures do they build a convoy to see as many shows as possible. It's great news, that the shows are sold-out :goodie: This can only be good news for all Saga fans!:cheers:

heimo
05-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Talked to Michael Sadler when I was able to see Saga in Wuppertal and told him about Saga discussed on the Fixx message board. He was totally pleased to hear that and told me to send all fixxtures his regards.

Wilkie UK
05-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Talked to Michael Sadler when I was able to see Saga in Wuppertal and told him about Saga discussed on the Fixx message board. He was totally pleased to hear that and told me to send all fixxtures his regards. That's very nice of him! He really is a very charming man, and he's even copied my hairstyle........;)

Wilkie UK
05-24-2006, 06:34 AM
AT LAST!!! The final night of the Trust European tour (for now) has arrived! I'm off the wet old London town in a couple of hours. Hopefully, the rotten weather will not dampen the spirits in the Saga camp, as they rightfully celebrate a magnificent album, and very successful tour!

Expect a review and maybe even photos(!) tomorrow..... :wave: :cheers: :goodie: :goodie: :love: :love:

Wilkie UK
05-25-2006, 02:35 AM
Ahh, what a night....

Here's the setlist: -

Trust
That's As Far As I'll Go
Wind Him Up
On The Air
Keep It Reel
Drun solo
The Flyer
Catwalk
It's Your Life
I'm Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ay
The Runaway
You're Not Alone
Careful Where You Step
Scratching The Surface
On The Loose
Don't Be Late
-----------------------------
Humble Stance

There was no 'You And The Night', no 'On The Other Side' and no 'Perfectionist'. All 3 songs were written on the setlists that the band had, AND they were scheduled to play until 11:00, but finished at 10:30.
Apart from that, the band were is great form, despite playing on a tiny stage, and to a half full venue. Still, I'm sure the two ladies in front of me, will tell you that I was making enough noise to fill the rest of the venue.

Michael and Daryl were sparing off each other, Daryl even threatened to leave, if they didn't stick to the setlist. Brian Doerner is an awesome addition to the band, and always plays with a smile on his face. I managed to catch a quick chat with him, after the show, and he's a smashing guy, too!
Jim Crichton was more animated than ever, despite the lack of space. Ian was, well, Ian! The show was over WAAAAAY to quickly, but I'm not complaining; once again, I lost my voice singing with Saga!!

heimo
05-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Thank you for the review. Glad you had a great night :D

Wilkie UK
05-25-2006, 10:00 AM
We had a real blast last night, thanks. Here's what everybody else missed

http://www.canary.eclipse.co.uk/MS1.JPG

heimo
06-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Since may, 26th in europe: Another Saga Best off cd. Title: Remember when.
Guess it has to do with the new record label spv. Because do we really need another best off collection?
So most of the songs are the newer ones. While the old hits are mostly new live versions....

Disc 1
1.Wind him up
2.Don't make a sound
3.Marathon
4.The flyer
5.The one
6.Humble stance
7.Believe
8.Uncle albert's eyes
9.Don't be late (Chapter 2)
10.We'll meet again (Chapter 15)
11.Time bomb
12.On the air

Disc 2
1.On the loose
2.Remember when (Chapter 9)
3.God knows
4.Worlds apart (Chapter 16)
5.Always there
6.How long
7.The runaway
8.Outside looking in
9.The perfectionist
10.If I were you
11.Ice nice
12.Rise and shine
13.Scratching the surface
14.Home

Dr.Oliver
06-03-2006, 04:20 AM
I saw Saga on their German tour in Wetzlar on May 17th and it was amazing with about 2000 people attending the show. They really enjoy playing live. The new drummer did a great job. Michael moved on stage as if he would be 20 years younger. I can highly recommend the new album. They have really improved after some disappointing productions in the mid-90´s.

Wilkie UK
07-07-2006, 06:08 AM
SAGA will be performing at BB King's in New York on July 22, 2006!

Saga in New York (http://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/moreinfo.cgi?id=3607 ) :cheers: :wave: :goodie:

will anybody be going from here?

Fixxation
07-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Hello UK,

Check this out!!! I will be in Ontario, Canada that week!!!YES!!!!

Friday
July 21
- STYX
- KIM MITCHELL
- APRIL WINE
- SAGA :goodie: :goodie:

Thanks Wilkie for the linkl!!!!

heimo
07-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Hello UK,

Check this out!!! I will be in Ontario, Canada that week!!!YES!!!!

Friday
July 21
- STYX
- KIM MITCHELL
- APRIL WINE
- SAGA :goodie: :goodie:

Thanks Wilkie for the linkl!!!!

Hello Engels! Oh I am glad for you. I know how hardly you wished to see Saga live. That's great. Please don't forget to post your impressions.

Take care! :cheers:

Fixxation
07-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Hello Heimo,

I will let you know if I get to go!

Thanks!

Fixxation

Wilkie UK
07-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey Engels, have a great time! The band are on fire at the moment, and Michael Sadler is in fine form :wave:

Wilkie UK
07-19-2006, 06:31 AM
Only 3 days to go until Saga play in New York. I hope you've got your singing voice with you Engels! :wave: :cheers:

Fixxation
07-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Hello UK,

The concert is 2 days away and I am still not sure if I can go. I will be in London, Ontario but the issue is whether I can get someone to watch my kids and whether we can get a ride back from the concert.

I can't believe this! I am so close and yet so far!

Fixxation

The Queen
07-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Since may, 26th in europe: Another Saga Best off cd. Title: Remember when.
Guess it has to do with the new record label spv. Because do we really need another best off collection?
So most of the songs are the newer ones. While the old hits are mostly new live versions....

I was at my local music store the other day, and in the Saga section, but became overwhelmed with how many CD's they have, and I debated the Best Of one....wish I had paid better attention to this thread. I will pick it up next time I am there.

Wilkie UK
07-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by The Queen
I was at my local music store the other day, and in the Saga section, but became overwhelmed with how many CD's they have, and I debated the Best Of one....wish I had paid better attention to this thread. I will pick it up next time I am there. Hi Queenie! The new Best of, only has tracks from the last few albums. If you want to hear classic Saga, but with a modern sound, try the latest album, 'Trust' :wave:

heimo
07-20-2006, 02:41 AM
Hello UK,

The concert is 2 days away and I am still not sure if I can go. I will be in London, Ontario but the issue is whether I can get someone to watch my kids and whether we can get a ride back from the concert.

I can't believe this! I am so close and yet so far!

Fixxation

Engels! You can not miss that show! Since I know you you are wishing to see a saga concert. Hope you will find a way...

Fixxation
07-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Hello Heimo,

We may be going I can't wait. i will let you know for sure!

Fixxation

Wilkie UK
07-22-2006, 04:53 AM
Hello Heimo,

We may be going I can't wait. i will let you know for sure!

Fixxation Fingers crossed! Say 'Hello from the UK' to the band for me :wave:

Fixxation
07-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Hello All,

I actually made it to London, Ontario, Canada to see Saga, April Wine, Kim Mitchell and Styx.

I was very surprised to see so many teenagers at the show! There were about 10,000 people there.

It was great to see Saga after all these years! The sound was disappointing. They needed Ira. Saga was great inspite of the sound.

Heimo and or UK you were right Mike Sadler was right on! They opened with 2 songs from their new album. Played most of the favs. The only one that was missing was On The Loose.

I am glad I made the 100 mile trek! Styx has a Canadian singer named Lawrence Gowan that does the Dennis DeYoung parts very well. They were GREAT TOO!

Fixxation:goodie:

heimo
07-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Hello Engels, I am glad you made it to the show. Well, don't know what happened to the sound, but most of the time I saw Saga it was excellent.

Fixxation
07-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Hello Heimo,

Yes the sound was disappointing. What can you do? They were the opening act so I am sure they did not get to use their usual equipment. They seemed to draw in the younger audience despite the sound quality so lets hope they gained some new fans!

Fixxation

Wilkie UK
07-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm delighted that you made the show, Fixxation! I know the band just love palying at home, so I'm sure they wouldn't have let the sound get in the way :cool: :wave:

SilentGeoff
02-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Hey there Saga fans....

check this You Tube vid out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMkvxUZMRMQ

It's from the band's 20th Anniversary Show; 6/13/1997 and features John Wetton from ASIA on lead vocals....sound quality is great too....ENJOY!!!

:goodie: :cheers: :D

heimo
02-22-2007, 04:04 PM
If Michael Sadler is really going to quit at the end of the year we can get an idea how saga's future could look like! ;)

Thanks for the link, geoff!

Fixxation
02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Hello Heimo and SilentGeoff,

Thanks for the update:) It is sad to see him go but if one band can still generate great music it is them.

Fixxation