PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

Inkblot
01-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Hello everyone. I'm Inkblot (aka S.E.), I'm 17 years old (soon to be 18), and...well naturally, I'm a fan of the Fixx. I only own Ink and the Ultimate Collection so far on CDs, but I plan to collect all their albums.

I've been browsing around these message boards for a while, and now I've finally decided to join.:cool:

guido
01-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the boards S.E. !

You're one of the youngest members here.
I hope you do like it 'on-board'.

What makes you especially atracted to The FIXX?

The lyrics? The music? ...?

Bash
01-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by guido

And maybe the handsome musicians? :)

Welcome, S.E.! Glad to have you join us!

Steve Pariseau
01-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Welcom Inkblot!!

Glad you finally decided to chime in.

Get Elemental or Calm Animals next for your collection. They're ALL great albums but I think those two might provide the harder edge a young fan like yourself may appreciate.

Inkblot
01-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by guido
Welcome to the boards S.E. !

You're one of the youngest members here.
I hope you do like it 'on-board'.

Thanks. What makes me especially attracted... Well, I do love the lyrics. The music is great too, but I really like their lyrics - I have various quotes from their songs written on my school notebooks.

Diamond05
01-09-2006, 10:52 PM
that's funny...... i would have ssaid the same thing ( writing catchy lyrics on a notebook!) in 1983!!!

Good to see that Cy's pen in still influencing the young!

welcome Inky!

<>Dave

shoeman
01-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Hallelujah!! Another new recruit for the Fixx Family!! SO GOOD to have you with us, Inkblot!! In addition to the CD recommendations you received from Steve, allow me to endorse the Phantoms album. I think you'll enjoy those compositions. Welcome to the board. John

heimo
01-10-2006, 03:58 AM
Hello Inkbklot! Very cool that you joined.

Hope that you will have a lot of fun here!

:cool:

Jeanne Thelen
01-10-2006, 10:40 AM
Welcome Inkblot ....:)

I have various quotes from their songs written on my school notebooks.

I use to do the same ... but that was 20 years ago...:) as much as I do not want to admit that (HA! LOL! ) ... I do have a quote from Cy on my computer though...:) It IS nice to see the Fixx reaching the next generation ...

WELCOME.....:) :) ;)

preciousstone75
01-10-2006, 12:07 PM
what up! only a few bands have that kinda power to pull fans like yourself in. . . glad that the Fixx is one of them!

pleased to meet you, but don't let the fangs fool ya!

Cyn_in_DC
01-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi Inkblot!

Great name! Welcome and have fun!

Cyn

pippi617
01-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Hey Inkblot - we're neighbors! I live very,very near to Redlands myself.

:wave:

msmith1
01-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Welcome Inkblot!

Geez, you take me back to being in art class, daily drawing journals filled with images sketched of the band. Eee, 1983! LOL!

They are very inspiring. Have you created any lyrics yet?

Kim

Inkblot
01-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Me create lyrics? Nah, not yet...

It's so nice to meet you all!

The Queen
01-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Welcome Inklblot! never too young to be a fan! this is a universal band

Lone Gunman
02-20-2006, 06:16 PM
I usually just read. But I'll finally give a belated welcome to you Inkblot.

I have seen you post with spunk. A great enthusiasm coming from a girl of tender age. How do you love the 80s bands so much. Peer pressure would insist you embrace today. What? Kelly Clarkson, Brittany, even boy bands like Blink, Creed, Good Charllotte.

You are special to have an appreciation for the music of OUR time. The 80s that is. Arent' most of us 30 and 40 somethings?

I'm glad you are here and have stayed with us.

Nigel

Inkblot
02-20-2006, 08:25 PM
When I was little (like, 4 or 5) I used to listen to Billy Joel and DeBarge on the radio...and those older songs (and many others) brought back good memories.

Over time, I realized that I loved the synthesizer sound key to many '80s songs (especially "new wave"). I like maybe...three or four artists of the double 0's, but their music is often trite and commercial. And American Idol...you got people trying to sing without backing up their amazing voices with the ability to write lyrics and/or play an instrument. (No offense to fans of that show; I'm just not one of them.)

I thank you for the belated welcome, Lone Gunman. :wave: