PDA

View Full Version : INDY show was excellent

mikehager66
06-26-2001, 02:42 PM
I caught the guys in INDY before 250 people, and may i say it was the best concert I have ever attended (that is saying alot after 40-50 concerts in my lifetime). We sat 5 feet from the stage and were blown away by the sound and quality of the show. Cy's vocals were better than ever, and the rest of the band were right on the mark. The guys met the fans after the show for almost and hour, and they were very happy to spend the time with true fixxtures. I had them sign my Pink Floyd shirt, and I know it will be a conversation piece for ever. Thank you for the excellent show and the I'm sure they appreciated the warm welcome they received. For the other 1.2 million people in INDY whom missed the show...sucks to be you.

magical
06-26-2001, 06:56 PM
The Indy show was definitely a great one! Out of the 3 that I saw this weekend this was the best!! The sound was so spectacular! The boys even commented on how well the sound was. Loved the echo effect on Cy's vocals as well. It is always so great to see them perform in a club. They really need more club dates!!!!!

BTW, Mikehager66, are you the one that we took the picture for?

Tracy

:p

mikehager66
06-27-2001, 06:47 AM
Hey Magical,

Yes, you did take our picture (I was the short one..LOL). My friend Mike and I really appreciated the picture, and look forward to seeing it. It's so nice to be around others who have always loved the Fixx. Too bad more people didn't attend. I guess in a world of Back Street Boys and Brittney Spears, The Fixx has trouble finding their niche. But after 20 years in the industry, Cy and the band sounded fresher and more energized than ever. Look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Mike

Jen
06-27-2001, 09:38 AM
Hi Mikehager66,
Just sent your pics out today.
Enjoy!
Jen

mollify
06-27-2001, 03:41 PM
So a couple of you came to Indy for the Fixx? That's great.
I was up front on the right by Jamie.
They put on a great show. But honestly the sound was horrible. Early on some of the high frequencies were seriously distorted. It got a little better as the night went on. And it was nice to be able to understand the lyrics. With a lot of live performances you can't understand anything.
I went to high school with the guys in the opening band. Was wild to see them still playing.
Who was the guy with the framed albumn he had them sign?

Nocturne
06-28-2001, 04:16 PM
Was wonderful!!!...I was so glad I heard about it. I thought everything was great!!....I was a little intoxicated too..so that helped. heheHad a great time dancing, and singing the lyrics to Red Skies in front of the stage. I thought they got a wonderful response too, considering that they were playing in a country bar.

Nightmare
06-29-2001, 02:08 PM
I too, was one of the fortunate souls who chose to spend his Monday evening, the 25th of June, enjoying The Fixx. Enhanced by libations, I danced the entire night away as Cy and the rest of the Fixx soldiers offered the greatest of ear candy for the delighted Fixxtures. I was truly reminded, as if I needed such, as to why I have always loved this band so much. Whilst many a casual 80s listener may remember them only for "One Thing Leads to Another," I relish the sounds of their entire catalogue.
The part of this beautiful night that will be most fondly remembered by me is when myself and my friends Nocture and Spectre danced at the front of the stage during "Red Skies," and sang the song along with Cy. He noticed us, and sang directly to us. To have connected on that level, during one of my favorite Fixx songs no less, was truly spectatular.
Then in the autogrpah session following, the band members complimented my T-shirt, and they were all true gentlemen who were friendly to all those there to meet them. I felt like a blushing teenage girl talking to Cy...And why not? I was in the presence of a true legend.
Rest assured...If The Fixx ever travel to Indianapolis shores again...I will be there.

In closing, I realize it has been this way for nearly 20 years and I will go to my grave this way... A Fixxture forever.

Sincerely and with great love,
Nightmare