PDA

View Full Version : Hello Fixtures

Angiekay
02-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Hello! My name is Angie and I am a Fixx fan from Minnesota now living in South Dakota. I actually signed up for this board four years ago and I lost the link through various computer mishaps. Thanks to Geoff for redirecting me here!

*looking around* Looks like a pretty good place to hang out! :)

Bash
02-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Glad you found your way back - welcome!

Steve Pariseau
02-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Welcome AngieKay!

Glad you've rejoined us. :goodie:

msmith1
02-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey! Hi! Welcome!

Kim:thumbsup:

Inkblot
02-04-2006, 09:08 PM
Hello, Angiekay! Welcome!

:wave:

shoeman
02-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi Angie!! I salute your perseverance and patience, and delighted to have you with us. A good place to hang out? You bet! I love these guys here, and I know you will too. Look forward to chatting with you. John:)

Angiekay
02-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by shoeman
Hi Angie!! I salute your perseverance and patience, and delighted to have you with us. A good place to hang out? You bet! I love these guys here, and I know you will too. Look forward to chatting with you. John:)

Oh my!! Any one that has SHOE in their name will certainly get my attention!! :P

<----Shoeaholic!!

Bash
02-05-2006, 12:48 AM
uh-oh. Someone had better start Footwear Anonymous for Angie and other (Pippi) members (Pippi) of the board (Pippi) I will (Pippi) refrain from naming (Pippi).

:)

pippi617
02-05-2006, 12:49 AM
There are many of us shoeaholics here on the board. We love our Shoeman.

Isn't there a thread about our shoe obsessions somewhere?

Steve Pariseau
02-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by pippi617

Yeah, it was Shoeman's thread in All About You.

Angiekay
02-05-2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by pippi617

SWEET! Then I *know* I'll feel right at home here! lol!

SilentGeoff
02-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Welcome aboard (back?), AngieKay!

Were you at the Sioux City - St. Patrick's Day '05 show?
Just wondering....

:cheers:

Clive3
02-05-2006, 12:07 PM
welcome

Johninpittsburg
02-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Welcome AngieKay

Joininpittsburg has a shoe problem,,,,,,,,I think it might be time for shoe re-hab,,, Summer is coming and everyone know what that means, MORE,MORE,MORE.............

even the judges kneel and pray

Angiekay
02-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by SilentGeoff
Welcome aboard (back?), AngieKay!

Were you at the Sioux City - St. Patrick's Day '05 show?
Just wondering....

:cheers:

Yes, I was! One of the three people who actually got up and stood in front of the band! I was so disappointed in that crowd. Where you the one I talked to after the show by the stage and went out and talked to Jamie with?

After the show I had a three hour trip home(which is usually a little over an hour)in a blinding snow storm...but it was worth it!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v171/Angiekay/th_TheFixxAngieandJamieMarch1720052.jpg

SilentGeoff
02-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Actually I was one of those three people....though my wife and I didn't get up till about mindpoint of The Fixx's set....and we got to slow dance during one of the songs....

:D

As for getting to talk with any of the guys....that show my wife and I said hello to Cy (he was on the bus already and I think both Rupert and Gary were feeling a bit under the weather) on our way out but we didn't really have alot of extra time to spend with a 2 plus hour trip home and then to have to pick up our sons....

Angiekay
02-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Actually I was one of those three people....though my wife and I didn't get up till about mindpoint of The Fixx's set....and we got to slow dance during one of the songs....

:D

As for getting to talk with any of the guys....that show my wife and I said hello to Cy (he was on the bus already and I think both Rupert and Gary were feeling a bit under the weather) on our way out but we didn't really have alot of extra time to spend with a 2 plus hour trip home and then to have to pick up our sons....

I remember the slow dancers! Hmmm, must have been someone else I talked to. He had been taking pictures and said he had seen their last couple of shows. I thought he had said he was from IA. Did I see right that they were there July 31st as well? I was so mad when I saw that, because I had just checked their website recently before that and didn't see that date. I looked a week after the fact and there it was. I would have SO gone to that! :(

rockerchic
02-05-2006, 01:09 PM
March 2005 - yeah those poor guys really got sick and the weather was indeed brutal! At the Jersey concert I had waited around to do the meet and greet but I guess they were all already feeling pretty bad and we had horrible weather on that night too! There was a summer tour too - soory you missed it! I think they are gearing up to do another soon as from what I have seen on these posts and pollstar. Look forward to hearing more from you and maybe someday meeting at a show! - Rockerchic from New Jersey

The Queen
02-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Glad you found us again!

SilentGeoff
02-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Angiekay

I remember the slow dancers! Hmmm, must have been someone else I talked to. He had been taking pictures and said he had seen their last couple of shows. I thought he had said he was from IA. Did I see right that they were there July 31st as well? I was so mad when I saw that, because I had just checked their website recently before that and didn't see that date. I looked a week after the fact and there it was. I would have SO gone to that! :(

I know of what you speak when it comes to the missed opportunity....they were in Council Bluffs at Harrah's [2 of my favorite things missed....gambling and seeing The Fixx] on July 29th and back at The Annex in Sioux City on the 31st....unfortunately we were low on cash and had no babysitting available.....

Jeanne Thelen
02-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi Angie Kay....

Always good to see a fellow Midwestern on board..( I live in Minnetonka ) . hope to catch you at a show this tour....

Jeanne

dee
02-05-2006, 04:11 PM
welcome angie kay you will love it here dee:cheers: :wave: :cheers:

shoeman
02-05-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Bash
uh-oh. Someone had better start Footwear Anonymous for Angie and other (Pippi) members (Pippi) of the board (Pippi) I will (Pippi) refrain from naming (Pippi).

:) Very subliminal, Bash. Great job.;)

Angiekay
02-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I know of what you speak when it comes to the missed opportunity....they were in Council Bluffs at Harrah's [2 of my favorite things missed....gambling and seeing The Fixx] on July 29th and back at The Annex in Sioux City on the 31st....unfortunately we were low on cash and had no babysitting available.....

Yes, the Council Bluffs show I knew about, but my high school had an all school reunion and I made commitments to be there. How close are you to Omaha? I have cousins down there and travel down down there quite a bit for fun and gambling.

Angiekay
02-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
Hi Angie Kay....

Always good to see a fellow Midwestern on board..( I live in Minnetonka ) . hope to catch you at a show this tour....

Jeanne

Hey Jeanne...up until about a year and a half ago, my sister lived in Minnetonka! The cities are my second home. Between friends and family, concerts, etc I'm up there about a dozen times a year. I also work the Renassiance Festival every year. In fact, my boyfriend just moved up there to attend culinary school and I'm heading up this weekend for a party!

guido
02-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Welcome (back) to the boards AngieKay!