PDA

View Full Version : Fixx at Hard Rock in Orlando on March 30th!?

miked26
03-20-2006, 03:17 PM
For those who were going to the Hard Rock in Orlando on 3-30, you might want to re-check this or hopefully Fixx management will clarify this one. I was just checking the Hard Rock Live in Orlando website and on there calender, they have the Go-Go's performing that night instead of the Fixx. When I did a search for the Fixx, there was no upcoming dates. So, I hope someone knows something about this because the concert is less than two weeks away and I was thinking about going. :confused:

Doctor Roger
03-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Click on the velvet room icon when you go to hardrock.com. I saw the Fixx listed there, but perhaps the Velvet Room is another venue at the hard rock site? Please let me know what you find out. Thanks,

Dr. roger

Bash
03-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Velvet Sessions (http://www.velvetsessions.com/)

Doctor Roger
03-20-2006, 04:59 PM
I just called there... yes, it's there on the 30th of march.

Kat32807
03-21-2006, 04:53 AM
Hard Rock Live is a seperate venue from the Hard Rock Hotel which is where the concert will be taking place.

Doctor Roger
03-21-2006, 05:17 AM
It's actually called velvet sessions. I heard it is in the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel. Is this true? Please do tell, Kat.

Thanks,

Dr. Roger

klabernz
03-21-2006, 08:14 AM
I've been to a Velvet Session. We were on vacation in Orlando and went to see Eddie Money. Yes, it is in the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel (not the Cafe or Hard Rock Live). They have the band at one end and they have tables with drinks set up here and there. Personally, it wasn't, by any means, our favorite place to see The FIXX. It was absolutely jammed packed so that you could barely move around. It is definitely a place to see and be seen (dare I say meat market?) and I think more people were interested in socializing than seeing the band (even when the band was playing), many of whom had clearly overindulged. You have to have your car valet parked and it could take forever to get your car at the end of the night. On the other hand, it was only $20 and that included drinks (if you could get near where they were serving them) and, after all, it is The FIXX!

Getting tickets is a bit of a chore. They say you have to get on their invitation list (I'll check to see if I have a link), then they send you a notice of that month's show, then they send you an e-mail invitation to which you have to rsvp. I think we then were able to pay at the door. However, I seem to recall that once we got there they never even asked for our name and we just payed at the door.

When The FIXX played there the first time, we went through hell to try to find out how to get tickets as we were considering a trip from MA to Orlando. When I finally did connect with them, they wanted me to fax them a photocopy of the front and back of my credit card, as well as the front and back of my drivers license in order to reserve tickets! Yeah, right. In the end, we ended up not going but at least it appears you don't need to do that anymore.

Hope that helps.

Kathleen

klabernz
03-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Here's the info on the invitation:

THIS IS YOUR INVITE, GATHER YOUR FRIENDS, JOIN US FOR:

THE FIXX
THURSDAY, MARCH 30, 2006

VELVET BAR & LOBBY LOUNGE, HARD ROCK HOTEL UNIVERSAL ORLANDO

AN ENTRY GETS YOU:

OPENING MIXERS, MUNCHIES, AND MUSIC: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM

CASH BARS & THE BAND: 8:30 PM - ONWARDS

$25.00 per person (parking is complimentary)

SEND US YOUR RSVP(s) BY RESPONDING TO THIS EMAIL.

YOU CAN BRING A GROUP AS WELL - TICKETS ARE NOT LIMITED TO 2 PER PERSON ONLY!

YOU MUST BE 21 AND OVER TO ATTEND.

PICTURES & MORE INFO: WWW.VELVETSESSIONS.COM

ROCK & ROLL!

Kathleen

Kat32807
03-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Roger
It's actually called velvet sessions. I heard it is in the lobby of the Hard Rock Hotel. Is this true? Please do tell, Kat.

Thanks,

Dr. Roger

Yes it is, set up right in the lobby. Kathleen covered it all very well in her posts. They really don't ask names anymore, just who shows up and pays at the door gets in. (The only exception is in October when that one is usually a -pre-pay set up and a lot more going on.) It does get very packed - especially for a good band. I always get in and park myself right in front of the stage and wait till show time. The best part about the show is it's more like a concert in your living room - you are that close to the band, so a lot more interaction goes on between the band and audience during the show.

Doctor Roger
03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
March 30th is RUPERT'S Birthday !!! First show of the tour and all ! Kat, Please sing happy Birthday Rupert for us !

Love to All,

Dr. Roger

"Really don't mind if you sit this one out...... Your words' but a whisper, your deafness a shout"

(Ian Anderson- Jethro Tull)

Kat32807
03-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Ummm no!

I think the evening will be a much more fun experience for everyone in attendance if I DON'T sing LOL!

How bout if I just wish him Happy Birthday for you? LOL!

Kat32807
03-30-2006, 09:16 AM
YAY!

It's concert day!:goodie:

(Sorry, just had to do that LOL!)

taralyn919
03-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Reviews, please!?!?!?!

Pretty please with sugar on top?

:) Tara Lyn

Kat32807
03-30-2006, 09:58 AM
But of course! And lots of pictures!

taralyn919
03-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Awesome!

:) Tara Lyn

msmith1
03-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Have fun!

Yes, reviews, please!

(and...need...more...Jamie...photos...LOL!)

Kim:)

Jeanne Thelen
03-30-2006, 04:47 PM
whoa... very sur real... I guess because of the way the tour date have formed .. and the fact ( due to all the fantastic things that have been going on in my life) I forgot.... it is March, already ;) ... and they are back in the USA....

HAVE a GREAT SHOW, GUYS .....:)

Kat32807
03-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Just got home - great show! (But of course!)

set list:
Chase
Enough
Finish
R U Satisfied
Cities
Fatal
Life
Every 1
Gone
Stand
Fool
Thing
Deeper
Skies

encore:
says Driven on actual set list but Cy changed it to be Secret Seperation (much to the rest of the bands surprise LOL!)
Zero
(there may be other discrepencies,but it's late and I'm tired LOL! so I can't recall them. Some of the others there may be able to clarify - this was the set list posted on the stage.

Haven't even uploaded my pictures yet, so you'll need to be patient. Some time Friday I'll get them up and post a link for ya!

It was great meeting some fellow Fixxtures at the show, made it that much better!

Now, is it May yet? LOL!

Dave Romfoe
03-31-2006, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the set list Kat! I would love to hear Chase The Fire. Still looking for more Midwest dates.

Steve Pariseau
03-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Chase The Fire?
Can't Finish?

AWESOME!!
I wish I could have been there. Those are wonderful surprises.

Jeanne Thelen
03-31-2006, 10:31 AM
SOOOOO glad R U Satisfied Is still on the set list .....LOVE that song :love:

AWesome surprise about Chase and Can't... good to see them in the mix ...

Thanks for the set list ,KAT ....looks like you had a good time...:) :) :):)

I agree with Dave ... bring on those MID west dates please....

Kat32807
03-31-2006, 11:25 AM
OK, I've had a little more rest and had a chance to upload my pictures.

The show was terrific - always a good live band. I can never get enough of watching Cy and how animated he is on stage with his little antics and gestures. The crowd just ate it up! Jamie's guitar solos were top-notch as always. The whole band was really having a good time up there and it showed. Cy mentioned Rupert's birthday and said he (Cy) was coming up right behind him, so for him to not slow down LOL!

On a side note to some non-Fixxtures there:
If you are there to socialize rather than watch the band - be courteous enough to NOT be in the first 3 rows, your yakking is very distracting to those of us who are there to enjoy the show and listen to the music. And your attempts to constantly get the band's attention by yelling out a members name over and over during the songs while waving your arms frantically, is annoying to say the least. They notice you a lot more when you're up there obviously enjoying the music by dancing and singing along.

Those 3 new songs that they played, sounded great - I like them more and more everytime I hear them, of course I liked them from the first time I heard them.

After the show, the merch table was packed with people picking up their goodies. They had the Disc Live and 25th Anniversary anthology CDs on sale. Plus, they had Stage 2 DVDs and 2 kinds of tshirts for sale. The guys all came out after the show to chat with everyone, sign tons of things, and take lots of pictures.

Meeting the other Fixxtures finally was great! I guess I can say now, Doctor Roger was in attendance - he sure has a great time during the concert - so much enthusiasm! I had a nice chat with Ed. I had to ask him how on Earth to find the bonus footage on Stage 2 that I still haven't seen yet LOL!

Now the long wait until they come back to Orlando in May. You know I'll be there!

Here is the link to my pictures:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/katco32807/album?.dir=/f24f

shoeman
03-31-2006, 12:20 PM
87 pictures?........That is awesome, Kat!

Thank you so much........

Kat32807
03-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah - I tend to take a lot of pictures LOL! I actually cut way back on pictures last night because I know I take too many LOL!

mich112670
03-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Great pics Kat!!!:cool:

msmith1
03-31-2006, 06:09 PM
Ooooooo....Kat!
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
For sharing your experience, and the amazing pictures!
(especially of Jamie...and Woodie...they both look great! LOL!)

Kim:D :tup:

BuffaloGal
03-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Kathleen,

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. Hope to see you at one of the shows!

Michelle

The Flow
03-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks for sharing the outstanding pictures Kat! An autographed Stage 2 DVD, now that's cool! Us west coast fixxtures can hardly wait till it's our turn to share in the fun.

dejapete
04-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Someone, please ask why they chose to play those songs. It would be interesting to hear why.

BTW, nice photos. Thanks.

Steve Pariseau
04-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Kat - Awesome photos. Several of your Jamie shots are STELLAR!!

Deja - they probably picked those two becase Can't Finish has gotta be hella fun to play and Chase The Fire gave Secret Separation a run for it's money on the voting for the Walkabout favorite song. That would by my guess anyway.

I look forward to seeing Gary's touch on the Can't Finish bassline.

kitttie
04-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Kat,

Great photos, thanks for sharing! Too many pictures?? Never! That's why I bought a 4gb memory card for my digital SLR... :):):)

Sheryl

Kat32807
04-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Glad y'all enjoyed the pictures!

dejapete
04-01-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
Deja - they probably picked those two becase Can't Finish has gotta be hella fun to play and Chase The Fire gave Secret Separation a run for it's money on the voting for the Walkabout favorite song. That would by my guess anyway.

I look forward to seeing Gary's touch on the Can't Finish bassline.

Those were my thoughts, too. Additionally, Walkabout was released 20 years ago, January 1, 1986.

Give us reports, please, on the new setlist changes. How do they sound? How does the band feel about playing them?

Kat32807
04-01-2006, 06:23 PM
The songs sounded really good live, even the people in attendance who weren't familiar with them seemed to enjoy hearing them. The band certainly enjoyed playing them - they were "on" for the whole show and obviously having a ball. I remember after the show hearing Doctor Roger saying something to CY specifically about the "surprise" of those 2 songs being played, but I didn't catch Cy's response, so he'll have to fill you in on how that went. Doctor Roger obviously enjoyed them in the set! He was like a kid in a candy store as he was peering at the set list before the show even started LOL!

msmith1
04-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey Kat!
How does that work? Your link? Can we buy/download a pic?
Sayyy...# 61, and #58, I believe...I would like to have one...LOL!
Kim:D

Kat32807
04-02-2006, 05:09 AM
I don't sell them.

You can either right click on them there, or send me an email (it's in my profile) and let me know which ones you want and I will send you an email with the high- resolution copies.

heimo
04-02-2006, 06:25 AM
Thank you for sharing the fotos.
Love pic 42 - the rockin' Jamie!

dejapete
04-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey. Nice photo, also, of Kevin Cronin at orlandofloridaguide.com.

Kat32807
04-03-2006, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by dejapete
Hey. Nice photo, also, of Kevin Cronin at orlandofloridaguide.com.

Thanks! There's also a folder of REO pics on my Yahoo site. Actually there are about 100 photo albums there, mostly concert photos.

Cyn_in_DC
04-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Hey ya Kat!

Your review and photos (and all those other FL dates!) make me regret having to have moved from Florida. AND you got meet Dr. Roger! Thank you for letting us know what we missed!

I really appreciated your bit about the annoying folks up front! Do it in between songs, not during!

Thanks again for sharing the piccies!

Doctor Roger
04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi Kat !

thanks for the awesome shots and your reviews. It was good to finally meet you and I look forward to muscle-ing to the stage again with you sometime. I wished you could have made it to hollywood and st. pete...next time.

Thanks again for holding the spot and your great company.

Love To All,

Dr. Roger