PDA

View Full Version : The Fool

rockerchic
04-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Hello everyone! Just want to quickly say that I did it! My baby girl was born on April Fool's Day (April 1st) 5:28 a.m. Her name is Shannon Frances. She weighed in at 7 pounds and 6 ounces and is 20 and 1/2 inches. The Doctor and Nurse did try to play along with my April Fool's joke of announcing it is a Boy! Hubby was standing right there and could not be fooled this time even though I tried! My laboring and delivery time was 12 hours total. I went in Friday evening to be induced. Labor pains developed within 4 hours and then I took an Epidural needle to the spinal cord and felt no pain! The baby was playing hide and seek and seemed to back peddle the opposite direction instead of to the birth canal. I had a very experienced nurse that helped change that through positioning of me on the bed. I have to say it was the best labor and delivery! I actually was laughing and telling jokes all night. When it was time for the baby to come out everyone had to tell me to stop laughing because the baby was just sliding out ready to fall with each moment of my silliness! What a way into the world! My hospital stay was awesome. Only 3 other moms delivered this weekend so it was like having a private suite with my own private nursing staff. I did not get any sleep though as my baby was on a feeding frenzy and the nurses kept waking me every 2 hours to check on me. I think I averaged 6 hours of sleep. I am trying to catch up today. I will forward pictures by the end of the week so you can see my lil" "Sign of Fire". Thanks to all my fellow Fixxture well-wishers! Hugs to all of you! -Sherri a.k.a. - Rkerchic from New Jersey:love:

Inkblot
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Congratulations!! :goodie:

That's quite an amusing delivery tale. If and when I have a baby, I hope it goes as wonderfully for me - ('cept for the epideral - Inky don't like needles in the spine).

I suppose little Shannon will experience several interesting birthdays, having been born on April Fool's Day. ;) Well, congrats again, rkerchic!

Cyn_in_DC
04-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Congratulations! How exciting! And I have never heard of anyone laughing through thier labor! Too funny! I see you chose not to go with our suggested name of Rupertina! :p

Best wishes to you all!

msmith1
04-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Sherri!
Hey!
A BIG HUG TO YOU AND SHANNON!
Congratulations! You're so fortunate!
Can't wait to see pics of the little one!
Kim:)

shoeman
04-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh, rkerchic!!
Oh, rkerchic!!
Oh, rkerchic!!

I am beaming with pride as I read the story of your new arrival!
And I salute you for your courage, all you moms are to be commended for what you do. You go through so much......

It's a time to REJOICE!!
The world has a new rkerbaby!!...:goodie: :goodie:

And you talk about silliness: wait til I see those newborn pics....
Ask Allicat about that, I threw her into fits of laughter when I saw the newborn pics of Kira on here.
Can't wait to see Shannon.......

Congratulations, my friend.
John

dee
04-04-2006, 06:13 PM
congratulations and what a beautiful name for your baby girl good luck dee:tup:

miked26
04-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Congratulations!!!!! A new Fixxture has been born. :cheers:

Steve Pariseau
04-04-2006, 07:50 PM
That's great news rkerchic. Also great that it was a pleasant experience.

Hope you feel better soon.

Pictures !!!

Johninpittsburg
04-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Congratulations to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angiekay
04-04-2006, 08:36 PM
YEAH!! Babies are awesome! Have fun with your new bundle of joy! Congratulations!

preciousstone75
04-05-2006, 07:44 AM
All these babies. . . congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My cuz is due on the 21!!!!!!!

heimo
04-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Congratulations, Sherri!
That's a good news!

I lost the overall picture how many fixx-babies excist now...:rolleyes:

Oh, no missunderstanding please: Fixxture-babies!

Doctor Roger
04-06-2006, 09:45 AM
HEY GOOD LOOKIN' .......

CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOURS........ GOOD GOING !!

SOON THE "ADULT FUN " AS YOU ONCE CALLED IT. I HOPE I'M THERE WHEN YOU COME OUT TO PLAY AGAIN. PERHAPS TRUMP MARINA?

ENJOY THE MOM THING. ALWAYS REMEMBER N.Y, N.Y. (HINT) ;)

CONGRATS AGAIN, ALL LOVE TO YOU.....

DR. ROGER

Jeanne Thelen
04-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Congrats on your new bundle of joy... :)

The Queen
04-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Congrats, and glad to hear you are doing well. Glad to have you back.

rockerchic
04-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Thank you all for the warm reception of my newest Fixxy Chic! I have not had a chance to download photos as we have been crazed over here. Plus hubby and I are total idiots at this downloading and sending photos thing. We are going to try to do this over the weekend so keep your fingers crossed! The pictures are mainly from last weekend while at the hospital so excuse any frightening shots in advanced! I PROMISE NOT TO POST THE ONE OF MY PLACENTA - yuk!!!!!!
Hubby and I are having a tough time with the 3 year old. She wants to take over mommy's role but is way too aggressive. When we try to teach her, she tantrums and becomes very abusive with us. HELLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!! ( The word Hell is indeed in HELP!)

Cyn in Dc - Rupertina - Ha Ha but I'd pick Jamie or Cy! Silly enough though my Uncle calls my 1st born Rupert Pumpkin' ( her head looks like a Pumpkin') and some( mobster movie???? ), the character is Rupert Pumpkin'

Shoeman - This baby is a cuddler and loves kisses and cuddles! You'd be in your glory! She would be content as the recipient!

Precious - Good luck with your cuz's upcoming delivery

Doctor Roger - Will you be goin' to A.C.??? I really want to come out to play! Hopefully dance this time too!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah and drink!
:cheers: :drunk: I could not find enough info. about that date. Send some 411 if you have any. You can pm me with the details! Hope we can all have some fun!!!;) :goodie:

Thanks again to each and everyone who posted a response here! There is so much love to give so wrap your arms around yourself and consider it a hug from me to you!:love: - Sherri a.k.a. Rkerchic

guido
04-08-2006, 06:40 PM
That's great news! Congrats to you all...:D