PDA

View Full Version : Yeah,,Chicago Show !!!

kasman
05-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Glad to see the boys coming to Chitown, Lemont actually, club called Stage 83 , nice place to see a show, hoping it rocks like last years visits!!

KITTYkls70
05-17-2006, 11:12 AM
woo-hoooooooooooo!

:goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie:

Less than a month away, too... time to line up a babysitter... (but I'll wait until they confirm it on the Stage 83 website - I didn't see the performance listed yet, unless I missed it).

Anyone else going?

kasman
05-17-2006, 11:15 AM
No, you did'nt miss it, just looked ,and not yet on the Stage 83 website, but here's hoping,,:cheers:

msmith1
05-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Hope to see you there!

Kim:)

KITTYkls70
05-18-2006, 12:58 PM
August 27

Chicago, IL

Whole Foods Flavor Festival

Another date!!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

(But again, I could find no confirmation...)

preciousstone75
05-18-2006, 03:21 PM
aaaaaawwwwwwww mmmmmmaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

wonder if I can swing this one. . . maybe I'll get Christie to come with me (and have her drive!):goodie:

Steve Pariseau
05-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Prescious, the show in Lemont might be closer for you. I think 45 miles or so.

kitttie
05-19-2006, 05:18 AM
You guys won't believe this, but I'm actually going to be in Chicago June 2nd. However, it's to see a friend's band play, and I can't do both shows... I'm probably going to get my butt kicked by some Chicago friends that I haven't seen in years because they have a show June 3rd, and again, I can't do two shows in one night. I guess our guys will be in the Detroit area June 3rd? Well, the next day I am driving with my friend from Chicago to Detroit. I have a business meeting in Detroit later in the week.

So close, yet so far...

Sheryl

KITTYkls70
05-24-2006, 08:31 AM
The upcoming 6/2 date is now showing up on the venue's website...

http://www.stage83.com/

See you all there!

:cheers:

marathon
05-25-2006, 04:28 PM
i plan to be there, though my time is limited that day. hopefully i can find out set times (with apologies to the opening acts). - jeff elbel

hazelnut
05-26-2006, 09:19 AM
THERE'S A JUNE 2 SHOW? I just checked pollstar days ago and didn't see anything but the Whole Foods one. Man I need to check in more often.

hazelnut
05-26-2006, 09:25 AM
hhmmmm it's still not listed on pollstar but is listed on their website. Is this date for certain? Not that I wouldn't adore an evening in Lemont...

enob
05-27-2006, 12:20 PM
I contacted the owner of Stage83 and he tells me it's now offical so the Boys will in fact playing at Stage 83 6/2 2 warm up bands starting at 8PM.
Does anyone know anything about the Whole Foods Flavor Festival gig?

marathon
05-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by enob
I contacted the owner of Stage83 and he tells me it's now offical ...?

hi, enob,

would you mind passing along contact info for the Stage 83 owner? i tried contacting Mike in Booking, and tried the direct line. no luck. i wanted to find out about some issues related to the show. i'm planning to cover it for a magazine i write for.

best,
jeff_elbel@yahoo.com

musegirl
05-27-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by marathon
i'm planning to cover it for a magazine i write for.

The reappearance of Jeff Elbel! Dude! Good to see you back...

hazelnut
05-27-2006, 06:40 PM
I wonder if they will draw as big of a crowd in lemont as they would in the city. Is anyone familiar with Stage 83?

marathon
05-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by musegirl
The reappearance of Jeff Elbel! Dude! Good to see you back...

Good to see you here as well, Lisa!

I'll probably never be able to be as active as I'd like on a message board, but I look forward to checking in whenever I can.

j

enob
05-31-2006, 10:51 PM
hi, enob,

would you mind passing along contact info for the Stage 83 owner? i tried contacting Mike in Booking, and tried the direct line. no luck. i wanted to find out about some issues related to the show. i'm planning to cover it for a magazine i write for.

best,
jeff_elbel@yahoo.com

Sorry for taken so long to get back to you need to call the club after 7PM

enob
05-31-2006, 10:57 PM
If you haven't seen it already heres more info on the fest that the boys are scheduled to appear.

Whole Foods Market Flavor Fest

Date: August 26, 2006 - August 27, 2006
Time: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. both days
Location: Jonquil Park (Wrightwood/Lincoln/Sheffield); Chicago

Lori
06-01-2006, 12:32 PM
The Stage 83 website has a link to buy tickets through Ticket Web, but when I tried that site to buy them, it said they weren't available. Anyone have luck? I'm assuming they aren't sold out, hate to make the drive if they are.

Lori

marathon
06-01-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Lori
I'm assuming they aren't sold out, hate to make the drive if they are.

I was able to speak to Mike at Stage 83 briefly. They're definitely not sold out and expect to have lots of tickets at the door - which, of course, is not thrilling for anybody. He says the show is going to sound amazing; he's very proud of the work he's done on the club's PA, and plans to give a nice light show, too.

jeff

enob
06-01-2006, 10:21 PM
just got back from the club and there are plenty of tickets left, also the owner promised me that they would not turn anyone away....

See you tomorrow night

DanBoutin
06-02-2006, 07:03 AM
Lori,

I had no problems ordering 4 tickets (will call) using the TicketWeb site.

The Stage 83 website has a link to buy tickets through Ticket Web, but when I tried that site to buy them, it said they weren't available. Anyone have luck? I'm assuming they aren't sold out, hate to make the drive if they are.

Lori

enob
06-03-2006, 12:39 PM
great show guys it was great seeing you again

How quickly the days go by
Are you still looking forward
How quickly it all goes by

KITTYkls70
06-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Another great show, as always... my husband and I were there, but he's anti-social so we didn't really mingle with others!

How many people would you say were there... 75? Not a very big crowd at all, but I kind of like it that way!

(Somebody said that they saw Cy out in the parking lot earlier in the evening and supposedly he was upset at the venue.)

See you all in August! :goodie:

hazelnut
06-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah I thought the venue kind of sucked myself, though it's a little hard to complain when you can see the Fixx in such an intimate setting. I thought they seemed a little less spirited maybe, but they did put on a great show again, as always. I was so excited to hear How Much Is Enough and Chase the Fire. I don't think I've ever heard the former live, and not the latter for years. That 11pm-ish start time was a bit late for me though, since I'd been up since oh, 5am or so. I had to actually sit down at one of the tables, which is pretty unlike me-- although when you can take a seat at a back table and still be like, 10 feet away, that's not bad.

marathon
06-04-2006, 01:51 AM
I saw Cy sitting in the car before the show, and would have liked to have said hello, but didn't think that pre-show would be an appropriate time to disturb him. After the show, though, I never saw him at all. That's a first - even when he's not felt well before, he's stayed to chat with folks. I wonder whether the zealous ("YOU'RE BETTER THAN THE BEATLES!!!!!") gentleman may have had something to do with it. I'm sure the guys have seen all sorts.

Rupert was there beforehand, and was not best pleased with the arrangements or the promoter. The provided gear he was using to supplement his own wasn't up to par, and indeed it went down during the set. It caused missed parts during a song early in the set, and I think the Yamaha was glitching during what, "Red Skies?" Rupert kept pretty darned cool regardless. He was very friendly to all his fans. Good old Jamie is so even-keeled and good natured, anything troubling seems to roll right off of him. It's valuable to have someone like that around when things don't seem to be going well.

The new PRS sounded nice, as it should have - it's top of the line. And really, Jamie's sound is processed heavily enough that any decent guitar should sound okay. But that old Strat has decades worth of character. Nice that it was there for us to look at, at least. :)

I brought along my copy of Talkabout and was able to ask Adam for his signature on it. Now, it's finally got all four of the guys' signatures. Gary actually signed it, too, when I brought the record to a Hollywood show a few years ago. I doubt I'll ever get to meet Dan Brown, and Mr. Tibbs is nobody's slouch, so I hardly begrudge it.

I was glad to see the band and hear the new songs. Loved hearing Chase the Fire. Hope they come back for another club show and get better treatment and promotion. Hopefully the Whole Foods Fest or whatever that is will provide an appreciative crowd, though I expect that may be more of a hits show for a general market crowd rather than a Fixxture crowd.

kitttie
06-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Fixxtures,

From my previous post, you all know I was in Chicago last weekend (I'm in Detroit now for a business meeting later in the week). Unfortunately I could not get to their show in addition to the one I already had planned. But early Friday evening I ran into Rupert at a local Guitar Center. My friend needed some stuff to get ready for his own show that night. So I at least had a small Fixx connection that day after all... :)

Sheryl

marathon
06-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by kitttie
early Friday evening I ran into Rupert at a local Guitar Center.

Hi, Sheryl,

At which Guitar Center did you find Rupert? He had told me about having to jump hoops in order to replace his dongle (hardware key) for Logic Audio. It had sounded like they sent him all the way downtown, rather than to Downer's Grove or Aurora/Naperville [there's a GC in one or the other]. Either of those locations would have been a lot closer to Lemont.

kitttie
06-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Hi, Sheryl,

At which Guitar Center did you find Rupert? He had told me about having to jump hoops in order to replace his dongle (hardware key) for Logic Audio. It had sounded like they sent him all the way downtown, rather than to Downer's Grove or Aurora/Naperville [there's a GC in one or the other]. Either of those locations would have been a lot closer to Lemont.

I'm not exactly sure what part of town we were in. However, my hotel was in Lincoln Park, and the store was not far from there. Does that help?

Sheryl

marathon
06-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by kitttie
I'm not exactly sure what part of town we were in. However, my hotel was in Lincoln Park, and the store was not far from there. Does that help?

Sheryl
Sounds like they DID indeed send Rupert all the way downtown!

Lori
06-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Actually, that Guitar Center is not far from the park where they will be playing in August (Whole Foods thing). It too is in Lincoln Park. So, perhaps he checked out that site.

The park is also walking distance from my place in Lincoln Park, so if anyone has any questions I can help.

marathon
06-07-2006, 12:41 PM
The park is also walking distance from my place in Lincoln Park, so if anyone has any questions I can help.

What's the easiest/closest train stop? Do you think there will be any place to park down there if I drive?

Lori
06-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Take either Brown or Purple to Fullerton or Diversey. It's not a bad walk. I'm sure parking will be a nightmare, so take the train if you can.

marathon
06-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks, Lori; I'll keep that info. I really like taking the train into town and the El around town most of the time. The downsides are that it adds a lot of travel time into the day, and removes some flexibility. But when traffic's bad and you can't park, it's the best.

enob
06-11-2006, 09:03 PM
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/2333/scan00115zq.jpg

Cy from the Chicago show after he saw a Ghost...

marathon
06-11-2006, 11:42 PM
poster shot for Right Guard anti-perspirant ad.

TatGirl
06-12-2006, 06:17 PM
NOT the most complimentary shot...

:eek:

KITTYkls70
06-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Here's one from earlier that evening before that situation got too bad :angel:

(Cross your fingers... I've never had much luck attaching pix...)

enob
06-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Ha ha Nice shot
Maybe Cy wanted to raise his hands if your SURE commerical?

enob
06-12-2006, 10:01 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6039/scan00170vj.jpg

okay one more with the whole band..

marathon
06-12-2006, 10:07 PM
i apologize for being in the way of your photo. my wife is to Cy's left, and i'm to the right. i hope you could see the band okay throughout the set.

enob
06-12-2006, 10:23 PM
So your the guy my wife wanted to kill.... :)

marathon
06-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Aw man, that's no good. i'm not one of those guys. i wish she'd said something. i like to be up front, but i don't want to keep someone else from enjoying the show.

i'd have hoped she'd have been more interested in putting the axe to the lout who kept shrieking over the music during the whole set.

enob
06-12-2006, 10:37 PM
We all wanted to take that guy out but being able to get so close to the boys was to enjoyable to waste on a knuckle head. I'm going to take the pictures at the Chicago show in august so this shouldnt be a problem hopefully we run into you there in better circumstances.....

marathon
06-12-2006, 10:50 PM
sounds good re: August. see you there. you know what i look like from the back, anyhow. i got a nice photo with Jamie (well, Jamie looks good, anyhow), maybe i'll post that so your wife will know who to blame. give her my best.

hazelnut
06-13-2006, 08:50 AM
I think it's a little funny that we all probably stood up front or thereabouts and then ran home and conversed about it here. :) I was afraid to lambaste the shrieking dude, lest he show up here and get too angry. There were a couple shrieking dudes, actually.

KITTYkls70
06-13-2006, 10:59 AM
That IS funny, hazelnut... I was thinking the same thing! We could have all just talked to each other there at the show :D

However, I'm kind of a shy person (before I get to know people) so I'm definitely not going to start up a conversation with random people at a club, especially when I can't tell if they are actually there to see the Fixx too - they could be fans of the opening act(s)... or maybe they're just there having a drink. Plus my anti-social hubby was there with me and he's even worse than I am!

We Fixxtures need to devise a secret hand signal or something for these situations!!! :wave:

marathon
06-13-2006, 11:06 AM
there are plenty of rude hand signals we could co-opt and gentrify.

KITTYkls70
06-13-2006, 11:17 AM
hee hee... yes, there are... like for the drunk guy in the front row...

... but I meant more for fellow forum posters - to let us know if we were in the presence of a (normal) Fixx fan and not just a casual observer... to kind of serve as an icebreaker...

marathon
06-13-2006, 11:32 AM
a few years ago, the Fixxture shirts served this purpose.

Steve Pariseau
06-13-2006, 07:49 PM
a few years ago, the Fixxture shirts served this purpose.

Ah, the Fixxture shirts. It actually worked well for people on the Fixx e'mail list to identify each other. As a matter of fact, I just met Wray Miller in St. Louis because he had one on. I went up to him and said something like "Dude, I need to meet you because I know where you got that shirt" or something like that. I'm glad I met Wray and his gal. Great people. I DO wish I had more time to talk to them though.

Sadly, my shirt doesn' fit me anymore. I should have kept an XL.

enob
06-13-2006, 09:06 PM
How about we all wear Cy masks?
Do those shirts still exist?

marathon
06-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Boo! ... but I understand. I'm sure this is another thread already, but I just saw the myspace announcement. No Chicago show in August. :(

My reply at myspace:

Yeah, good news/bad news/good news ... I was eager to see the Fixx return to Chicago for a great show in late August, after the rough job placed before the boys in Lemont, IL. But the reasons above are the best ones possible. Hope to see the band rejuvenated soon, and with a pile of new material to play!

hazelnut
06-14-2006, 05:52 PM
What? I'm so confused.

okay I found it now. That sucks. And I had no idea about that myspace page. I had thought myspace was for kids. I am so out of it.

enob
06-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Wow like you say that's bad and good news but let's all plan to get together the next time they are either in or around the Chi-town area...
Marathon whats your myspace id? I will send you a friend request?

marathon
06-14-2006, 11:39 PM
hi, enob - it's jeff_elbel

i'll watch for you there - pals forever!

enob
06-15-2006, 06:34 PM
haha nick37 here

enob
06-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Did anyone notice notice that the Aug 27 World Foods gig in chicago is back on the schedule??
Is this back on?

KITTYkls70
07-05-2006, 07:26 PM
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/flavorfest/music.html

Finally this site is up and running... and the Fixx's performance is listed to start at 6:30 pm on Sunday, August 27. I guess it wasn't cancelled, then, after all?

:goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie:

dejapete
07-05-2006, 07:43 PM
It's back! It will be the first concert after their break from touriing.

The festival is over at 8 PM. So let's meet afterwards. I've reserved a very nice room for a get-together. Mrs Dejapete will prepare some eats, and there will be drink, also.

Please contact me for details.

It's kind of early, I know. So I'll post again later, nearer to the date.

Hope to see you there!

enob
07-06-2006, 05:53 AM
I hear it's on and thanks for the info see you there.

fixxitgood
07-27-2006, 01:58 AM
I wish I could be in Chicago to see them :(

Steve Pariseau
07-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Welcome to the board fixxitgood!

:cool:

Jerry Hebert
08-06-2006, 05:52 PM
anyone with more details about the chicago show??what part of the city, hotels????
looks like this is the last one around this area for the year, which i hate to say& would hate to miss it.

gee-bee.

musegirl
08-06-2006, 10:00 PM
You can find out more information about the Whole Foods Flavorfest in Chicago by visiting the site for the event. Here's a link...

Whole Foods Flavorfest (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/flavorfest)

Perhaps someone who lives in the vicinity can provide further insight into the hotel situation for those who are travelling?

dejapete
08-08-2006, 05:18 PM
The Metormix site is also a good place for finding nearby hotels. Use the "Find it!" section on the Web page.

Metromix Flavorfest (http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/events/festivals/summer/243940,0,6719112.event?coll=mmx-home_bottom_hedsh2o)

hazelnut
08-08-2006, 06:21 PM
I'll be there!! in case any one cares. :p :D I can't wait! Looks like they're starting pretty early. Is that really a 6.30 start time?

dejapete
08-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I care! Hope to see you there.

The festival is over at 8 PM, so 6:30 is probably the time The Fixx take the stage. Before them, it's ska guitar player, Dave Wakeling.

Lori
08-09-2006, 11:50 AM
I have a place about two blocks from the site.

What would you like to know?