PDA

View Full Version : And Now... The News

thefixxdotcom
06-14-2006, 02:49 PM
As the ol' saying goes, we have good news and we have OTHER news...

GOOD NEWS FIRST:

Cy and Jamie will be guests on *The Jimmy Kimmel Show* Tuesday, June 27th!!
We are thrilled!!
Rather than have a one song performance by The Fixx at the end of the show, Jimmy himself and band leader Cleto wish to have Cy and Jamie sit in with the Cletones and jam all evening!! So not only will we be hearing several bits of Fixx songs through the entire hour, we're sure to be hearing some other surprises as well!!
This has been juggled around since the release of Want That Life back in September, 2003!!
Get your tickets to the show!!
http://www.1iota.com

GOOD NEWS SECOND:

Cy and Jamie will be guests during *Jonesie's Juke Box* on Los Angeles FM Radio Indie103 at noon PST on Wednesday, June 28th!!
Sex Pistol Steve Jones has become a most popular noon-time host in L.A. and has said he'd be very happy to welcome the boys for music and chat!!
Everyone will be able to tune in at:
http://www.indie1031.com

GOOD NEWS THIRD:

Late Summer, The Fixx "Stage Two: In The Public Eye" will be aired on the new Documentary Channel as part of their music showcase series. This program will include EXCLUSIVE new interview and performance footage not available on DVD, but will later become available on a limited edition bonus DVD disc collection!!
More info will come.

... and now, the OTHER news:

Due to writing and recording scheduling, as well as family commitments, some of the West Summer and Midwest Fall shows are CANCELED. Please check our tour page and grumble. August through November will be devoted to recharging, regrouping and working on what we consider a FANTASTIC NEW RECORD. Duty calls!! We've been falling apart together and it's time we were in control again. (Get it?)

We know that you will allow us back our personal space and will be patient.

There is something ahead of you. Still.

Lots of love,
Cy, Rupert, Gary, Jamie and Adam
The FIXX

thefixxdotcom
06-19-2006, 02:03 PM
While it has ALWAYS been viewed as the fan forum would remain a FAN FORUM, this discussion about RESPECT has gone far off course. I have taken it upon myslef to refocus this and replace respect. If anyone would like to comment, do so by sending an email to fixxmgmt@thefixx.com.

AND NOW MORE NEWS:
Some of the canceled shows are being re-confirmed. THIS ALL HAS TO DO WITH BAND SCHEDULING.

In the meantime, can we generate a bit more excitement about Jimmy Kimmel??!!!
GOODNESS
Everyone was concerned about an inconsequential television FLOP called HIT ME BABY, and yet only a few people had even expressed their excitement over Cy & Jamie being invited to sit in with Jimmy Kimmel's House Band!!! This is late-night major network talk show!! We've been working toward booking an appearance for 3 years!! WE DID IT!!

Now, go love thy neighbor.

pippi617
06-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Woo Hoo - don't worry dear Ed - I have told everyone I know to tune in to Kimmel next week! It will be a wonderful treat to see them sitting in with the house band. Get your VCRs ready fixxtures!!

tenohtwo
06-19-2006, 02:58 PM
I've been spreading the word about Kimmel, too. I personally can't wait.

Jim

TatGirl
06-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Thank you for the refocus, Ed.

After exploring 1iota.com a bit, I see Jimmy Kimmel is taped in LA...since I'm in MI, it would be just a tad difficult to catch it (altho there's a possiblility I can ask my sister in CA to tape it for me...hmmmm). Do you know how much I'd LOVE to see it???? Meantime, am researching, cuz it sounds like a not-to-miss opportunity!

:wave:

shoeman
06-19-2006, 09:33 PM
I have just announced the Jimmy Kimmel Show appearance on VH1.com.

Am also spreading this around by word-of-mouth.
And delighted to do so........

And I do love my neighbor.

:tup:

msmith1
06-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Hey Ed,

It is VERY EXCITING to get the exposure, and am letting folks know, too.

Finally, a real reason to view/TIVO Jimmy Kimmel (would've expressed more excitement, but I don't have an appreciation for him...to each his own, eh?).

Can't wait to see them on the show!

Kim:)

miked26
06-20-2006, 12:20 PM
This is AWESOME NEWS!!!! I got my DVR ready!!! :goodie:

hazelnut
06-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Me neither, but I'm glad they're getting some exposure. And of course I'll watch. :)

Originally posted by msmith1
Hey Ed,

It is VERY EXCITING to get the exposure, and am letting folks know, too.

Finally, a real reason to view/TIVO Jimmy Kimmel (would've expressed more excitement, but I don't have an appreciation for him...to each his own, eh?).

Can't wait to see them on the show!

Kim:)

pippi617
06-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey - is Jimmy on the same time as Craig?????

Just kidding Ed - just kidding..................................:) :) :)

Steve Pariseau
06-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Further discussion regarding The Fixx on the Jimmy Kimmel show should be posted in the WATCH Jimmy Kimmel thread (http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4008)

The above posts have all been copied to that specific thread.
thanks
Steve