PDA

View Full Version : R.i.p. Shadow

rockerchic
03-14-2007, 12:45 PM
AS if my life wasn't already on the downward rollercoaster, my cat of 19 years passed away during the night. Shadow was a beautiful black long haired (resembled a Persian) cat. She had beautiful blue/green eyes. The sweetest cat I ever met!
I had a strange arrangement for her living situation - she was at my sister's whom lives around the block from me. When I had moved into my house about 6 years ago, she took custody of my cat since her cat and my cat are inseparable sisters. I had her cat for the first 13 years. I guess I was fortunate not to have found her this morning. My brother-in-law had calmly dealt with it until I asked for him to put her in a box and deliver her to me. I did not have the courage to open the box so off she is at a crematorium. My father-in-law was sweet enough to pick her up and drop her off and even offered to pay. I was surprised he remembered my cat as he asked which one it was. I did not think he had any compassion but he fooled me! It was a memorable last goodbye as the weather here was already in the 60's with the sun shining and as I layed the box in the back of his car, the most beautiful Blue Jay flew over us and landed in the tree. I know Shadow had a great long cat life and she is now in an even better place but I will miss her! R.I.P. Shadow March 1988 - March 2007:angel:

Bash
03-14-2007, 02:19 PM
:( I'm really sorry about your furkid - she sounds like a bundle of kitty love. (And they are definitely family, especially when you have them for so long.)

I hope things start going better for you, RC...
http://www.bashful7.com/catface.gif

dee
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
i am so sorry for your loss of your kitty rockerchic it is always so hard when our pets pass away i know i am a great animal lover also always have two dogs at a time that we always save some how and our last two lasted til they were 18 and 17 now we have two more one is 3 and the other is 7 black lab chow and pure bred chocolate lab harley and jasmine i feel for you and hope you are okay! take care dee:(

rockerchic
03-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks Bash and Dee! My mom called me this evening to send her condolences and she said my sis was haning out at her house because she was afraid to be haunted by the cat. I find that hilarious! Hopefully Shadow would not do that to her! I don't think I am ready to replace her yet though. My daughter has a toy cat that looks just like her and it is animated so that will have to suffice. Thanks again for the kind thoughts!

shoeman
03-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Another "cat person" here.
Although I don't have one at the moment.

I taught my cats how to kiss me on the earlobe. Ha!
They are wonderful pets.

We love you, Shadow. Rest in peace, sweet kitty.
Best regards to you, Rockerchic.

The Queen
03-15-2007, 06:53 AM
So sorry to hear about your cat, Rockerchick. They are family and we love them forever.

I have had many cats and gone through this often enough to say 'never again', but somehow I can't live without those furry little faces in my life.

Take care.

heimo
03-15-2007, 08:07 AM
I know that we have so many people here that love animals.
Sorry for your loss, Rockerchic!