PDA

View Full Version : Fm Broadcast show question

suavecito
07-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Question? Does anyone remember an old FM broadcast of the Fixx around '83-'84 that had "Running" in the set? I taped it off the radio back then but I've lost the tape over the years.
Sounded like a small club atmosphere. It was a great show.
I remember "Running" because before the song when they asked "does anyone like running?" (I'm paraphrasing...this was over 20 years ago) someone in the audience shouts "when I'm naked"!
I would love to have this show again.

Does this sound familiar?

Thanks - Andy

Octopulse
07-12-2007, 11:50 AM
sounds like the 1984 BBC rock hour broadcast

cy: ya, a bit of running, jogging keeps everybody fit........... do it and your brave............................................ what do you wear when you go running?

some drunk guy: nothing!!

cy: i like to wear a good expression

some drunk guy: i feel no pain!!!

cy: i'll drink to that

ya that one does have a nice small club vibe

tenohtwo
07-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Unless BBC Rock Hour was broadcast in the U.S. (assuming he lived in the U.S. back then), I would think the concert in question is the NBC Radio program "The Source" from March of '84. That concert was performed at The Ritz in N.Y., and Running is in the set list. There's also a Superstar Concert Series from Houston in '83 with that song, but I don't know if that one was ever played on the air.

suavecito
07-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Yes, I live in the US...Washington DC...it was on the local rock station DC101 back thewnand yes...The Ritz in NY sounds right.
Sometimes DC101 did play BBC Rock Hour. It was usually late at night...that and the King Bisquit Flour Hour....the good 'ole days!

Now the question is....where can I find a copy?
If anyone can help me out that would be great.
Will pay or trade...don't have any Fixx, but other bands.

Thanks - Andy

tenohtwo
07-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Now that I'm home, and listening to these..

You probably heard the BBC show, as Octo mentioned above. The dialogue from that song is closest to what you were recalling. As far as the others:

'83 Westwood One: "This is Running..when it gets you down..that's all I can say"

'84 NBC The Source: "Running..[pause] ..dreaming again."

Check your Private Messages..I can help you out.