PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas cancelled?

klabernz
07-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Oh my! What happened to the Las Vegas date? That puts a huge crimp in the already made travel arrangements. Well, at least there's a lot to do there.

Kathleen

thefixxdotcom
07-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Once again, there is much behind the scenes here, and it's of nothing detrimental to the Fixx. It's just another day in the life of a busy band. Basically this came down to a financial decision. This trip back would have involved three days of very nice studio time on the east coast, but returning to the U.S. in two weeks proved too challenging schedule-wise. Keep belief. There are quite a few projects slowly coming to realization for the year ahead and there are other shows being considered before the major trek scheduled for November. Sometimes the clouds will obscure the sunrise, but it does rise. Everyday.

Jeanne Thelen
07-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Looking forward to those November dates....:)

kitttie
07-20-2007, 07:13 PM
I have a somewhat cheap plane ticket already, so I thought I'd go enjoy the town anyway. There are a bunch of other shows that night, I chose one downtown on Fremont Street and changed my hotel reservation accordingly. Now to see if I can get my $$$ back on the ticket to the show I'd already bought... :)

Fixxation
07-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Hello All,

Wow! What a bummer:( Lost Wages is always difficult for me because you have to get a hotel room and it is 4 hours away.

Hopefully, The Fixx will be back on tour in the Fall.

Fixxation

Xaqtly
07-21-2007, 03:20 AM
Ah what a bummer. I was so psyched for that show.

scottinseattle
07-26-2007, 06:49 PM
For those of you with Vegas tickets, you should be able to call the Cannery box office and get a refund. I did. The Fixx was replaced with The Motels. Ok band, but I'm not a big fan. I hope though the Vegas date is re-scheduled for November. I want an excuse to fly to Vegas other than losing money at the Blackjack table and eating at lousy buffets.

By the way, the band was great in San Diego. The Alarm were also great. Mike Peters is a class act. Good job kicking the Furs' manager off the stage for the encore!!

Asuka
07-30-2007, 09:53 PM
yep. /bummed

pipsqueak
08-13-2007, 05:27 AM
. . . { don't cry }
. . O
. . o
. o
':o
<l>
./\

so busy and I found out so late...

awe hell

kitttie
08-18-2007, 12:23 PM
I was originally going to Las Vegas to see The Fixx. When The Fixx cancelled off the bill, I changed my plans and saw another show in Las Vegas instead. Colin Hay still played. So last night I was at The Galaxy here in SoCal to see The Plimsouls. They played with Colin Hay... My friend in The Plimsouls left before Colin Hay was done, but I stuck around backstage to listen to his set. And guess what? He was really good. And his band is good too. I told him after the show that I felt I owed him an apology since I bailed on seeing him last weekend, but that I thought he was really good. Not sure he appreciated it, but at least I was honest... :):)

And by the way, The Cannery called me about the change in the show, and I told the gal I was actually just about to call them. Supposedly they refunded my ticket. Won't know for sure until my next Credit Card statement.