PDA

View Full Version : Testimonials /Converts

Fixxation
07-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Hello All,

Many of you have shared how you came back to The Fixx. I wanted to share a couple of stories of people that have actually listened to The Fixx and become big fans of the band.

My neighbor David has really good taste in music. A couple of years ago, I had an extra ticket to the San Juan Capistrano show. I asked my neighbor David if he wanted to go. He said that he liked them many years ago. He remembered Red Skies and Zero. The rest is history, he loved the live concert and now he is a regular at the shows.

A few years ago, I was working in the Telecommunications industry for a major cable company. I ran the regional dispatch department and we would play music in the department. One day, I decided to play The Fixx's greatest hits. For awhile, there many of my co-workers would get together and go to the concerts. It turned out to be a great team building exercise.

I can't really add my kids in here but I always had The Fixx on in the car. They would actually requests songs when I was in the car. My oldest got to meet the guys and they fawned over her. It was one of the best nights of my life getting to meet the guys and taking pictures of Cy and Jaime with my daughter. Ed gave her a beach ball which we got autographed by the band members.

A few stories to share with you. Love to hear your stories:)

Fixxation

Carrie
07-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Neat stories Fixxation! Hope someday I can interest some friends/co-workers in going to a show!

I know there's a lot of couples here who like the Fixx...I'm curious which person got into the Fixx first and then converted the other? Or did both people like them? I've even heard that a couple met on the board; how cool, to end up together because of the Fixx! Any stories? Anyone play the Fixx at the wedding/reception? I'd love to know!

Fixxation
07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Hello Carrie,

I was into The Fixx since 1983, I kept tabs on them until Calm Animals. After that, I still listened to their music but lost touch with them. One day, I noticed at the store that they had an album called Elemental. I bought it and was back on The Fixx bandwagon.

My wife became a Fixx fan because of me playing their music and ranting and raving how great they were.

So now, she tags along to the concerts, she really likes their music but I think she gets burned out from me being OCD over them. She really enjoyed "Everyone Believes In Something" when she saw them in San Diego.

Thanks for the question hope to hear more from The Fixxtures:)

Fixxation

Jeanne Thelen
07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Well... as far as weddings.. My boyfriend and I often joke that our first dance will be "I found You" since we met on the board.... :) :love:

And his daughters usually go to sleep while listening to the Fixx.. so they are big fans too!!

pippi617
07-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Daughters!!! That's Awesome!! Why am I always the last to know.......how old are they?

Fixxation
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Hello Jeanne,

"I found You" since we met on the board.... Since it is for a wedding you could also have played Going Overboard or Liner? :D

Speaking of weddings, when I hear "Happy Landings" I always envision two people waltzing across a huge dance floor. Don't ask me why?

Fixxation

Carrie
07-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Fixxation
Speaking of weddings, when I hear "Happy Landings" I always envision two people waltzing across a huge dance floor. Don't ask me why?

Wow, odd that you should mention this, because I had a very similar vision recently during the soaring part right before "If the truth of the matter lies deep in our hearts" where the male dancer (actually, I think it was ice skater) lifted the female for the duration of that part, and her flowing gown was fluttering in the air...sounds like that song makes a lot of us feel the same way!

I love hearing the romantic stories...I'd love to have Precious Stone played during my ceremony and Falling in Love as my first song, because that song describes me to a T (or would, if I fell in love). Of course, darling husband-to-be would have to agree to this, but maybe I'll have turned him into a Fixx fan by then! Sounds like there's some hope for that, with the stories I'm hearing. Maybe I should try to add Happy Landings to the list?

:love:

Jeanne Thelen
07-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Fixxation
Hello Jeanne,

"I found You" since we met on the board.... Since it is for a wedding you could also have played Going Overboard or Liner? :D

Fixxation

Good thing my boyfriend is not the jealous type, Fixxation...or he might take that the wrong way... and not realize you copied and pasted me....HA! LOL!! :)

Well.. have to admit that "I found" lots of good friends and kindred spirits on this board....:) not to mention a love/romance of a lifetime.

Hmmm... Liner..one of my fav's....danceable??? Hmmmmm........not sure..... Going overboard.. good party song.. fun..... but this is just fantasy... I am bit old to do the whole "princess for a day" thing.... so it will be very small if it ever happens...

Fixxation
07-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Hello Jeanne,

One of my favorite songs but once again it was my sick sense of humor. Isn't Liner a tragic song? You know weddings...Well, never mind I am sure the guys got it:)

Happy Landings would be great. Personally, once you get married, "We Once Held Hands" and "Two Different Views" seem to be more realistic.

Fixxation

Jeanne Thelen
07-25-2007, 04:13 PM
WEll .....Considering Two Different Views is my all time favorite song...

But I get it ... The Happy Landings Version...

"You see it black, I see it white....." etc....

I assume you are talking about The " Give and take" being more realist ... :)

Fixxation
07-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Hello Jeanne,

Two different views is certainly one of my all time favs. I actually like both versions. I find in most relationships there has to be this duality.

Man I wish they would play Views and Landings at their concerts:(

Fixxation

tenohtwo
07-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Testimonial..hmm, it all started with MTV, I guess. Saw all their early videos, and just proceeded to follow them through their career. I'm a vivid-memory person, so I remember the days I bought the cassettes for Shuttered Room and Reach The Beach, and the days React, Greatest Hits, Calm Animals, and Ink came out on CD in the record store (should've saved all those long boxes!). I remember the day I heard "Don't Be Scared" on 93 KDKB, the day I was at my ****ty job in '91 and heard "How Much Is Enough" on KUKQ 1060 AM, and then hearing the concert announcement for June 1st at After The Gold Rush in Tempe. Just held on tight to this band pretty much my whole childhood and adulthood. They've never wavered from #1, except a brief period late in high school when I thought Ministry was the be-all end-all of music.

Converts..pretty much any lady that I dated now digs them (they probably burned everything in effigy after the breakup..who knows how that works!), my sister, my Mom (who still goes to the shows with me, though she missed ZooBrew), but not too many co-workers, as the ones I've known are mostly close-minded pop culture robots. Their loss!

That's my story, so make a movie out of it. Ok, pretty boring.

Fixxation
07-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Hello Tenohtwo,

It is always great to hear one of your stories. You are truly a FIXXTURE :) And keep on converting people.

Incrementalism, I call it. We need to covert the masses one person at a time.

Love to hear your Mom is a big fan. My Mom still blames Billy Joel for me moving from Canada to the US. Use see she heard "My Life" coming from my room. So now she says, "It was that Billy Joe guy that made you move away."

I would love to hear more converts and testimonials you Fixxtures out there:)

Fixxation

Carrie
07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Tonight I drove two other people to a radio station tour that was about an hour away. One is a good friend of mine, so he's already been subjected to a lot of the Fixx, but I was bringing the other up to speed. I played Phantoms on the way up and the live Buffalo show from my FixxStixx on the way back. Oddly, the song he most seemed to recognize and react to was All Is Fair...I mentioned how interesting that was to me, as it wasn't one of their more popular songs. He didn't seem to remember where he'd heard it. He did mention he was going to go to the library and loan out all the Fixx CD's they have, so maybe we'll get another Fixxture out of it...

Got a lot of people I need to get in the loop when the November dates come out...maybe some of them will come along to a show!