PDA

View Full Version : Love the fixx!

Andy1337
07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm 13, and i recently got turned on to the fixx by my parents..
There not as big of a fan as i am, but i have a few cd;s
(Reach the beach, 20th Century Collection, Extended Versions, Winning Combos)

Ive only been listening for a few months, and Im constantly humming Sunshine in the shade now.

Great music, thanks, the fixx!
-a1337

EquestrianGrl78
07-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey Andy, welcome aboard! I'm 18 and have been a fan ever since I was 6 years old, my parents listened to the 80's when I was younger and I decided that it was the kind of music that I would continue to listen to throughout my childhood and teenage years. My mom gave me her Phantoms cassete and I can't stop listening to it! Have you ever been to a Fixx show?

Alicia:)

shoeman
07-27-2007, 05:20 PM
The next generation of Fixxtures, showing up on the forum!!

I love it!!
:D

Welcome, Andy!!

Andy1337
07-27-2007, 09:43 PM
My parents went up to see one in Atlantic city, and again at Point pleasent.
I didn't get to go...i really wish i could've now. Im hoping i could see one soon though. Sunshine in the shade is the best song ever! lol.

The only part i hate is no one my age knows who the Fixx is! Its all the popular stuff now...
Great music
-a1337

EquestrianGrl78
07-28-2007, 10:58 AM
I know what you are saying Andy, none of my friends know who The Fixx is either. It sucks because I can't take them to a show with me cause I know they won't enjoy it. When I told my friends that I listen to 80's music they just gave me this blank stare like, "Why, it's so boring". I was thinking in my head, " Yeah right, the 80's rock"! :) Well, I hope you get to see The Fixx soon, they are awesome in concert. I went to my first show on July 14 at 4th and B in my hometown of San Diego and ended up meeting Cy that same night! He's such a down to earth guy, I probably chatted with him for 10 minutes before he had to go do soundcheck. That was a night I'll never forget and I know that there are many more to come! Take care, Andy!

Alicia:)

Andy1337
07-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Andy1337
My parents went up to see one in Atlantic city, and again at Point pleasent.
I didn't get to go...i really wish i could've now. Im hoping i could see one soon though. Sunshine in the shade is the best song ever! lol.

The only part i hate is no one my age knows who the Fixx is! Its all the popular stuff now...
Great music
-a1337
Cool, i'll probably see a point pleasent one next time they preform there. Im in jersey.

Carrie
07-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Welcome Andy, you've come to the right place if you love the Fixx! Hope you have fun on the board and can go to a show in November!

Even people my age have forgotten the Fixx...one of my co-workers used to tease me, thinking they were some obscure band that only five people have heard of, until he won an MP3 player, downloaded their songs to see what I was going on about, and said, "Now I know who they are; I listened to all those songs in the 80's". He doesn't tease me any more :)

dee
07-29-2007, 01:09 PM
welcome to the board andy it is refreshing to have new younger people join us here you will love it take care dee:wave:

miked26
07-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Welcome aboard Andy!!! Now make sure you complete your Fixx cd collection because the few cds you have is only a small part of the great music they possess. :D