PDA

View Full Version : A Fixx Nightmare

allicat
07-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Last night, I had a dream. I dreamt that I was at a Fixx show in a typical small club. Suddenly, halfway through the show, Cy and Jamie were replaced with two guys who no one had ever seen before. They had apparently been authorized to step in mid-set and finish the performance. Roger and Bash were there, complaining bitterly. Fixxtures were surprised and appalled. Not sure if others in the audience noticed. That was all.

After I woke up, I thought about how I have been reading The Fountainhead by Rand. If you have ever read it, I think you will see why I was amused about having such a dream. Something about supplanting greatness with mediocrity...the general public shunning the intellectual individualist and embracing plebeian driveler...

While reading this novel, I had not even thought of The Fixx in relation to it, but in hindsight, this connection made sense.

Have you ever had a Fixx nightmare?

STUART
08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
I remember a band here in Wales who were passing off Fixx songs as their own as very few in the UK knew of their greatest export!!! Ask Rupert and Adam next time you meet, it's quite a fascinating story.

Now that was a real nightmare.

allicat
08-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Stuart,

Interesting. And that is even worse -- at least the guys in my dream had permission.

Doctor Roger
08-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Dearest Alli,

I once had a nightmare involving the Fixx. During a show, Cy suddenly fell ill. In the audience was a "lounge Lizard" singer that reminded me of Joe Piscapo who jumped onstage and tried to finish the song at hand. The crowd booed him off stage and the rest of the show was done without a singer. There were major headlines the next day and the rest of the tour was a sellout due to the fact that everyone wanted to see Cy back in good form. A strange dream with (no doubt) implications, perhaps YOU could interpret the meaning as I never could.

Hoping you, Kev/KiraCat are all in good health and spirits. I'll be looking you up October 10-13 when I'm in The City for my cousin's wedding. Staying near the Nokia once again in those tiny rooms.... :(

Lots to catch up on, I can't wait to see you guys again! So much news to convey. Also hoping the new tour dates come out soon, and begin in NYC on or around those dates. How much fun would THAT be? If not, just a nice dinner and time with you guys will be just "what the Doctah ordered" !

Much Love As Always,

Dr. Roger

allicat
08-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Dearest Doctah,

Regarding my interpretation, here's a hint: you don't remind me of Joe Piscapo :eek: :D That could be totally off base, so nevermind!

We are looking forward to seeing you in October! We will likely be going out to Fire Island that Friday & Saturday, so the 10th or 11th should be fine for dinner in the city. What day is the wedding?

I am out here in Fire Island now until September 11th. Email or call -- you needn't wait until October to catch up.

Anyway, see if you can get Ira to find The Fixx a venue when you are due in town! They can't miss the chance for you to introduce them again in the big city :)

Doctor Roger
08-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Oh Boy....

My nightmare doesn't translate to a personal desire to make a fool of myself, does it ? In my dreams, it's never me up there, although the subconsience could be bleeding through... ???

Looks like Thursday night works best as the cemetary thing is at 1:00 p.m.
Thursday the 11th... I'll book it, Danno! I'd love to revisit that Italian place we went to at 4:00 a.m although I forgot the name and location. We'll talk and work it out.

Regarding the NY venue, I thought it was going to be Fire Island in a back yard somewhere.....overlooking the lights and water at night, how cool that would be! Now THAT'S a venue I would LOVE to be introducing our guys at.

I'll PM you soon with the other topics aforementioned. Stay happy and healthy and please give my best to Kev and a giant kiss for Kira! Sounds like a song title, "A Kiss for Kira".........

Much Love,

Dr. Roger

allicat
08-20-2007, 05:52 AM
Rog,

No, I don't think it translates into a desire to make a fool of yourself at all. Why it occurred to me that it might be you onstage is that if Cy fell ill, I think you would jump in to help if you could. Also, you often say how your voice is not good anymore -- hence the booing :) (It's actually you booing yourself.) Also, you are a New Yawka (or NJ-ite?), so perhaps that's why Joe Piscapo popped in there!

I am NOT a dream interpreter, so take all that with a grain of salt!

Anyway, the 11th sounds lovely. I'll mark it in my calendar, and we'll discuss restaurants closer to the time... I don't recall the location of the place in Little Italy, but we can look for it, or go elsewhere. It won't be 4am, so we will have no shortage of choices.

The Fire Island back yard thing is an open invitation. My deck is long but only about 11 feet deep, so they'd have to line up in a row :) Alternatively, we can maybe arrange for them to play at the dock on a Saturday night, as lots of people gather there for sunset. The only hitch is weather permitting.... Nice dream to counter the nightmare.

I'll keep an eye out for your PM.

Giving Kira that kiss...
All love,