PDA

View Full Version : Lonely As A Lighthouse??

cdsearcher
08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Please Don't Beat Me!!!

I completely fell off the FIXX radar a long while back! And I JUST stumbled across this message board (is that sad or what!). Well, I thought the fixx email thing was still going, yet strangely silient....stupid me...

Anyway...I was/remembered I am searching for LONELY AS A LIGHTHOUSE in ANY form! I have one Live version. I saw the guys perform it live in Springfield, Virginia back in 1998 at JAXX, they opened with it and it TOTALLY BLEW ME AWAY!!! Yes, it was burned into my brain! Cy was rotating his arm over his head in a simulated Lighthouse light fashion as he sung it that was way too cold.....latter as he sung another song (sadly I forget which one, old age...) I was at the front of the stage and he watched me lip synch the lyics as he sang and at the end of the song gave me a nod & a wink and a thumbs up. Wait, have I told this story before?? Probably so, sorry fellas......to the chase...any other Lighthouse MP3s ...anyone????

PD

tenohtwo
08-05-2007, 04:07 AM
How about getting to know me first before I put out?

cdsearcher
08-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Despite my "newbie" status on this message board, I have been a longtime FIXX fan and a member of the old Fixxture Lighthouse email system.

Why are people so reluctant to share rare tracks? I'm not asking for one of your children.

Shouldn't All Fixxture requests be safe in this Harbor?? :D

Steve Pariseau
08-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Nice of you to join us here PD. Yes, Jim, PD has been on the Fixx e'mail list bandwagon for well over a decade as a frequent contributor. If I recall he/she is a big Queensryche fan. Preciousstone75 is BIG on Queensryche - you two should share anecdotes.

As far as Lighthouse goes there are really only 4 recordings that exist for the diehard fan. The first performance of it was recorded by a fan with a microcassette recorder in his backpack. Click on this thread (http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4593) and scroll down to a post from me for the link.

Second is a liveconcerts.com performance from the Chicago House of Blues. Probably the best (albiet still poor) recording we have of the "rocking" version.

Third is a realaudio stream that was grabbed by a fan - again, quality is poor.

The fourth and best recording is the re-tooled acoustic version which sounds very much like the Want That Life era of style. Click here for the re-tooled version (http://home.comcast.net/~cschofield/Lighthouse.mp3). (Provided by yyzed) Personally, I ache for the rocking Lighthouse which will always be a treasure to me.

I don't have links to the liveconcerts.com or realaudio versions.

Welcome to the board PD.

cdsearcher
08-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Wow Steve! What a memory! I am a big Queensryche fan, well of the earlier years at least :) Thank you so very much for the links. The LAAL version I have was from the CDR of concert mp3's someone on the Lighthouse email list put out quite some time ago (was that you?). I remember buying it, but at the time not knowing what mp3's were or having the hardware/software to play them! How times have changed!

Thanks again!
PD (a He BTW!) :D

tenohtwo
08-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Sorry, I wasn't being mean-spirited, just throwing a jab. I honestly don't care if you have 1 post or a 1000 - I hate forum hierarchies. Anyway, I have a copy of Lighthouse, but it's the one from Steve's site.

cdsearcher
08-05-2007, 12:06 PM
No problems 1002 :)

PD

Steve Pariseau
08-05-2007, 03:16 PM
That was Dan Boutin who made the mp3 CD. That would be the liveconcerts.com version.

Carrie
08-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the board, PD...don't feel bad about falling off the radar, I lost track of the Fixx for 20-some years, but have had an amazing time catching up this year. Hope you have fun here, and can catch one/some of the November shows!

Sinking Island
09-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Steve,

Is it possible for you to post the re-tooled version of Lonely as a Lighthouse to your web page? I am unable to access it via the link provided for some reason.

Sinking Island
09-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi again,

Never mind, Steve. I got it to work. Very nice sound quality on this one, but it leaves me dying for a high fidelity version of the non-acoustic rocking version!!

Fixxation
09-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Hello All,

Love Lighthouse too!! Apparently in speaking with Ed one time, the band views the song as a work in progress. Would love them to release that song.

Does anyone know the song that Cy and Jaime did on a morning show in Utah if there are plans for it to become a Fixx song or a Cy Curnin song?

Fixxation

Diamond05
09-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Dont know if you missed the Utah premiere of a song they wrote that morning...

but if you did. here it 'tis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0y3FXJ3UmY