PDA

View Full Version : Mount Everest Gig- Love Hope Strength

45 rpm
08-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Fantastic news about Cy & Jamie joining Mike Peters "Love Hope Strength" Foundation Climb & Gig on Mount Everest.
Very cool!
www.lovehopestrength.com/corp/lhs_army/index.php

STUART
08-10-2007, 08:18 AM
That is excellent, would love to be able to see that show, would be an amazing backdrop.

rockerchic
08-10-2007, 08:31 AM
First let me say I love your screen name! I would say you must be an Alarm fan and I think I seen your name on their board too! Welcome to The Fixx's board! Thank you so much for sharing this news with us. Thanks Cy and Jamie for your contributions to such a great benefit! I am so excited to hear that they are taking part in this wonderful cause! Now it would be even more awesome if The Fixx would join them on September 15th for the "Rock On" Walkathon and Music Fest. Still waiting to see who the Headliner will be???? I am holding out some hope here! Our local band "Fountains of Wayne" was just added to the schedule for the 15th.

To all other readers out there wanting to join efforts for this "Love, Hope, Strength Foundation', please let me know as I am walking in this event on September 15th and would love to have more sponsors! I'd like to say thanks to Carrie who is one of my sponsors!:) :angel:
Thanks also to all my other sponsors so far who may be reading this - Roselle Board of Education faculty/staff and owners/friends/patrons of the Lunwah Polynesian Restaurant and Lounge. Donations of any amount big or small are welcomed!
I can be reached with a personal e-mail to me here at this board or to Sherri at:
kevin.sherri@verizon.net

shoeman
08-10-2007, 05:30 PM
45 rpm, thank you so much for posting this!

I will tell you that tears came into my eyes upon learning that Cy and Jamie had agreed to be a part of this worthy mission. How noble of them!! I'm so proud.......

And Mike Peters, what a courageous soul. Having beaten leukemia, he wants others to survive cancer as well. Just beautiful......

Carrie
08-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Is LHSF planning to make a video download of the show available to raise funds? I would love to see the show; I couldn't handle the download on this ancient computer, but I could commandeer my mother's fiber-optic broadband connection for the purpose :cool:

The Queen
08-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 45 rpm
Fantastic news about Cy & Jamie joining Mike Peters "Love Hope Strength" Foundation Climb & Gig on Mount Everest.
Very cool!
www.lovehopestrength.com/corp/lhs_army/index.php

Really cool project, and what a first! looking forward to it and to spreading this on other music forums! our guys are Sooooooo coool!!!

Carrie
08-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Woke up this morning with Cy's "Breathe With Me" in my head, as I often do lately. I got to thinking, "heeeey! Wouldn't it be cool if Cy and Jamie could work out a version of that for the Everest gig", what with all the lyrics that refer to being on a trail, climbing the peaks, and drawing strength from the lows. I was thinking of what songs would lend themselves well to being done by just two people, and I think that one would. Don't know if the fact that it was a solo and not a Fixx song would make a difference in whether they could perform it, but the Fixx did re-do Mayfly, so maybe?

rockerchic
09-03-2007, 08:54 PM
I caught the last 10 minutes on the Documentary Channel of some men that reached the Summit of Everest. What a view! Dave Rodney and Deryl Kelly succeeded I believe they said in 2001. One of them had done it I think twice. One of the trekkers did not make it as he stepped in a soft spot and lost his footing and plunged head first 40 something feet. Mr. Rodney had wanted to help find his body but I think he wasn't able to. Very scarey! They say many people that make it to the summit usually don't survive the descent down. A lot of conditioning is necessary for the body to aclimate to all of the conditions of elevation, temperature, own body's demands, etcetera. I certainly hope that The Trekkers for the LHSF are all well prepared and remain safe. My thoughts will be with them all come October!
Another good Fixx song for the event "Deeper". I see the edge, I look .....:eek:

45 rpm
09-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Not sure if this has been posted but here's an article about Jamie West-Oram from The Petersfield Post

http://www.lovehopestrength.org/media/peef_post001.jpg

allicat
09-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks for posting that, 45.

rockerchic
09-13-2007, 06:51 PM
What a wonderful article! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! See you Saturday 45 rpm! :cheers:

45 rpm
09-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks Sherri & Alli. Really looking forward to seeing you there as well. Should be a great day.

Also if anybody gets Bloomberg television, Mike Peters and James Chippendale co-founders of the Love Hope Strength Foundation, will be giving an interview tonight on the "Night Talk" programme
It ran tonight at 8:00 East Coast time, but will have a second airing at 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 on the West Coast.

And on a additional interesting note, LHS has registered with the Guinness Book of World Records for what will be the highest concert ever performed in the world on Mount Everest.
They'll also be running a daily "live cast" from the trek on www.everestrocks.com on a daily basis to follow the journey, where you can view pictures, blogs, videos and send messages to the Trekkers.

rockerchic
09-13-2007, 07:50 PM
So cool a daily live cast!

Hey 45 rpm, any news yet about Saturday? I just sent you an E-mail to your mySpace page. I have not heard from anyone other than you. I plan on being at Shane Walsh Field at 8 a.m. Still have to turn in the $$$!
I hear we may have a rainy start - YUK!

rockerchic
09-18-2007, 02:52 AM
I have posted my full story about the Rock on Walkathon and Music Fest at My Space. It is long so I have yet to post it here but for those of you who can't wait go to http://www.myspace.com/jerseyrockerchic

No photos yet as they still need to get processed but all photos will be on my space real soon!

Hope you enjoy my stories! I smiled and laughed all day and evening and sometimes at my own stupidity!:D

Doctor Roger
09-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Hi Rockerchic!

I read your report about the fund raiser on the link you provided. Thanks for the "props" with Dave, he is a great guy as alot of people told me even before I met and introduced him. I got along very well with him and especially with Rick, the guitar player in the English Beat.

Kudos to you for all you efforts, the Kharma will surely come back to you...

Looking forward to seeing you again on the east coast at a Fixx show soon!

Love To All,

Dr. Roger

rockerchic
09-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Just wanted to say we needed you to get the crowds going at the music fest and walkathon. They had local radio hosts doing it but I think you could have really got a big response!:goodie:

rockerchic
09-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Bradluke0, thanks for your generosity and support to LHSF! :angel: :cheers:

shoeman
10-09-2007, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE] Originally posted by 45 rpm

They'll also be running a daily "live cast" from the trek on www.everestrocks.com on a daily basis to follow the journey, where you can view pictures, blogs, videos and send messages to the Trekkers.
------------------------------------------------
Just a reminder:

Beginning today(Oct. 9) you can read those daily reports, which will continue through Oct. 30.

You will see "CLICK HERE FOR TREK UPDATES" in red letters.
And to your right, you can click on each date.

And just page all the way down to send them a message.

Doctor Roger
10-09-2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks Rockerchic,

With a good cause like that, you are right ... I would have gotten everyone up off their asses!

Just an hour ago, I read an email that affected me deeply.

First, yesterday I saw in the San Jose newspaper that a local 12 year old girl was first hit by a car (driven by her kidnapper), dragged into the car by him, with a broken pelvis among other injuries, then while being taken away, she fought him off and somehow escaped into public. She is in the hospital and the cops are scouring for the *******.

The email I read was sent to a subcontractor friend of mine, as I was in his office working on a bid. The email was from a man from PAL , a girl's soccer coach, and a friendly competing coach of my friend. The email said that this girl is on his soccer team, and when he heard the news, he rushed to the hospital to see her, and she cried to him and said "Coach, I'm sorry but I can't play for awhile". The coach touched her hand and through a torrent of tears said, "it's OK sweetie", all the while knowing she probably won't ever play again. At this point in the email I was already a paradox of anger and flowing tears.

The email went on to ask my friend Raul if he knew of any ideas to honor this little girl's courage and strength. Raul asked me if I could think of anything. I'm trying my best to come up with a few ideas that don't involve financial donations, I think the newspaper is doing the donation thing. I have a long shot of something very big (meeting a huge kid's star), but I'd like to know if any FIXXTURES think of anything.

Thanks again.... and great job Rockerchic!

Dr. Roger

Carrie
10-09-2007, 04:00 PM
How sad! If she's really into soccer, how about arranging a meet with her favorite player/getting her tickets to a major tournament when she recovers enough (also a long shot, but worth looking into). Then again, maybe this would be too much of a reminder of what she's lost? On a smaller scale, how about putting up a website for messages of support (if it hasn't been done already)?

Let us know of what develops so we can help out!

The Queen
10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
And just page all the way down to send them a message. [/B]

Just sent Cy and Jamie a message, and will try to do so whenever I can.

shoeman
10-12-2007, 05:54 PM
And we have now received a message of thanks from Jamie.

Check it out on the "Update" page......

:)

45 rpm
10-12-2007, 08:50 PM
The first of the Everest daily video podcasts have begun with some footage of Cy and Jamie included.
http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-four/#
Enjoy!

The Queen
10-13-2007, 07:39 AM
I just watched that podcast, and it's great to see them looking so good. They really are there! wow. Just so proud of them.

Octopulse
10-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Doctor Roger

Just an hour ago, I read an email that affected me deeply.

First, yesterday I saw in the San Jose newspaper that a local 12 year old girl was first hit by a car (driven by her kidnapper), dragged into the car by him, with a broken pelvis among other injuries, then while being taken away, she fought him off and somehow escaped into public. She is in the hospital and the cops are scouring for the *******.

The email I read was sent to a subcontractor friend of mine, as I was in his office working on a bid. The email was from a man from PAL , a girl's soccer coach, and a friendly competing coach of my friend. The email said that this girl is on his soccer team, and when he heard the news, he rushed to the hospital to see her, and she cried to him and said "Coach, I'm sorry but I can't play for awhile". The coach touched her hand and through a torrent of tears said, "it's OK sweetie", all the while knowing she probably won't ever play again. At this point in the email I was already a paradox of anger and flowing tears.

The email went on to ask my friend Raul if he knew of any ideas to honor this little girl's courage and strength. Raul asked me if I could think of anything. I'm trying my best to come up with a few ideas that don't involve financial donations, I think the newspaper is doing the donation thing. I have a long shot of something very big (meeting a huge kid's star), but I'd like to know if any FIXXTURES think of anything.

wow, so sad to hear she had to endure that, yet happy that she got away, i can see where the the word paradox would come into play here

i have yet to read this thread all the way through, and havent even visited the site yet, ive been so busy with my new 'new job', a permanent position, but enough on that

ya know something similar happened to my sister about 30 years ago, some creep tried to drag her into his car, she got away and they never found the guy

Hey Dr., do they have a contact point in place where people can send get well messages/encouragment that can be forwarded to this girl?, maybe an email acct?, if so maybe you can set up another thread with the story and the addy that people can send to?, i know my wife and i would send her a few words of encouargement, just a thought...

Octopulse
10-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Carrie

On a smaller scale, how about putting up a website for messages of support (if it hasn't been done already)?

Let us know of what develops so we can help out!

oops, looks like Carrie already thought of what i suggested, like i said i didnt read the thread very well, anyway..... yes.... let us know Doc

Carrie
10-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Well, my ancient old computer cant seem to handle the podcasts, so those'll have to wait till I get to a better computer, but I saw the guys in the pics...exciting! Anyone know if they've done any Fixx stuff yet, or just collaborations?

It's cool to be able to send them messages!!!

45 rpm
10-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Today's Podcast was narrated by Glenn Tilbrook of Squeeze and featured all the guys in the
studio recording Love Hope and Strength for the Everest Album.
Great hearing all their voices together. And a really sweet shot of Cy and Mike.
http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-five/

The Queen
10-14-2007, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by 45 rpm

Great hearing all their voices together. And a really sweet shot of Cy and Mike.
http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-five/

That woke me up! they look very fit and like they are having a wonderful time together. This is a first of it's kind on so many levels. Loving all the reports and daily podcasts.

Thank you guys!

Katrina
10-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Jules Peters is currently writing a blog on behalf of Mike whilst he is up on the mountains - its a great read and can be found here:

http://mikerockseverest.welshblogs.co.uk

please also visit www.lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk

as there are currently two fundraising projects going on for everest rocks - one to get Mike to plant a prayer flag on behalf of you or a loved one for the price of a small donation

http://lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk/news5.shtml

the next one is to vote for your favourite alarm track to be recorded during the trip and your name will appear on the album cover.

http://lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk/news6.shtml

Also....... we have just opened it up that the highest bidder of any of these projects will get a phone call from Mike at base camp (conditions allowing)

exciting stuff.

The Queen
10-15-2007, 05:37 PM
I just looked at the latest video! Cy and Jamie are featured quite nicely...I think you will find this one for Oct 15, quite touching.

http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-seven/#

Doctor Roger
10-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Now THAT was a very moving and poignant clip I just watched. Jamie still looks so young, and he's SO friggin' talented, and Cy's emotion seems to have captured it all in a few seconds. Real men DO cry, and the moments captured on that clip are priceless.

Thanks Queen for making that easy to click on and see.

Love, Hope, and Strength To All,

Dr. Roger

rockerchic
10-15-2007, 10:03 PM
We very much appreciate your time in including us on the updates and I very much enjoyed Jules's blogs! Thank you so much for all you do! I know you are a very busy woman as I see you are very active on the Alarm's board, My Space, and LHSF. You are amazing! I am still torn yet as to which area I want to donate more money too - The prayer flag or the song vote. I can't stop talking about LHSF around here and now have my parents following the Everest updates too!

Katrina
10-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Ahhh I would hurry up as I think they arrive at base camp on the 22 - so you'll have to make your mind up.

I've been meaning to come over here for a little while and couldn't post!!!

Its my pleasure to be involved in this - although it is slightly busy at the moment :D and I do this in my 'spare' time its a marvellous thing to be involved in....

Thanks for all your support on this board.

Love Katrinaxx

The Queen
10-16-2007, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Katrina
and I do this in my 'spare' time its a marvellous thing to be involved in....

Thanks for all your support on this board.

Love Katrinaxx

Used to be folks just went up to Mt. Everest and found that enough of a challenge, nowadays, there is the added duty of blogging! I cannot imagine doing what you are doing and also doing computer stuff! Amazing! all of you are incredible for doing this and taking the time sharing with us. I have a friend who went to Everest and he didn't bring a laptop, and he said it was all he could do to catch up on his rest.

Take care of yourselves and be safe! We're all so proud of you!

KarolwithaK
10-16-2007, 06:22 AM
I can't seem to get a picture w/ the podcasts, just audio. Can anyone help me?

The Flow
10-16-2007, 11:57 AM
make sure you have an updated version of Quicktime.

http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-seven/

Then hit click on here to view and wait for it to load.

Katrina
10-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by The Queen
Used to be folks just went up to Mt. Everest and found that enough of a challenge, nowadays, there is the added duty of blogging! I cannot imagine doing what you are doing and also doing computer stuff! Amazing! all of you are incredible for doing this and taking the time sharing with us. I have a friend who went to Everest and he didn't bring a laptop, and he said it was all he could do to catch up on his rest.

Take care of yourselves and be safe! We're all so proud of you!

Confession to make I'm not in Everest but good old UK - I'm sorting out all the flag/cd donations and making sure people up to date.

Although next trip I am hoping to be there!!!!

KarolwithaK
10-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the help The Flow. Got it up and running.

The Flow
10-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Don't miss today's podcast! It's a great one containing a snippet of a Fixx song set against the mountain tops!

http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-eight/

I really look forward to seeing these podcasts and what there up to each and every day of the trek!

upward and onward...

Doctor Roger
10-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Thanks Flow,

I saw the clip...excellent! I was able to email a message to the trek and mentioned that I'll be talking to the crowd about the adventure tonight before I introduce Kansas.

What a fantastic, heartfelt thing they are doing.

Looking forward to seeing you soon "Flow", and trying to make the 2 dates in Henderson. Hope to see you there!

Best to All,

Dr. Roger

P.S. Zucchero was great! It was a sellout with mostly Italian speaking people, very friendly and animated! Very personable gentleman too!

rockerchic
10-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Doctor Roger that would be excellent to spread the word out while introducing some of those other big names. Hope they don't have a problem with it!
Did you ever get your Van Halen tickets? The prices are crazy! Kevin's mom is treating him and his brother. I guess I must not rate well with her cause' I was not included!

The Flow
10-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Doctor Roger,
How did the Kansas gig tun out?

Look forward to seeing you in Henderson! Will you be able to make it to Anderson's as well?
It's right before Thanksgiving so that one could be hard to pull off. Maybe they'll add a few more dates? See you soon,
Andrew

Doctor Roger
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Hey Andrew!

Kansas was MUCH better than I expected. They are so tight still! Reminded me of YES, except for the difference in Jon Anderson's vocals (YES is better vocally). They played a slew of new stuff that was well received, and all the old hits. The crowd of about 600 loved every minute. Next is Eddie Money, then Billy Ray Cyrus, among many more. I'm having a blast seeing these reincarnated older acts, especially when they remain so tight and true to form.

Looking forward to henderson, trying for A5E as well, but that one is tough as I can't get out of dinner at my mother's on Thxgiving. We'll see. Either way, hope to see you in nevada! If you are ever up here, let's catch a show!

Best as Always,

Dr. Roger

Katrina
10-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Words just come in that they are at base camp and have just played the worlds highest gig!!! More details will be posted when the power is back up!!

45 rpm
10-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Fantastic!!!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/soultraveller/photo-9-21.jpg

fotolinda
10-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Just got myself all caught up- they all (the podcasts) are incredible!

wingo395
10-30-2007, 04:26 PM
http://mrontemp.blogspot.com/2007/10/leaving-mud-and-used-condoms-on-dalai.html

This guy has a bad 'tude and should get a swift sherpa shoe on his backside...

The Queen
10-30-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm all caught up too and it's great to see them singing their hearts out and breaking the world record!

I am still passing on the links to as many people as I possibly can.

Carrie
10-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by wingo395

Comment made over there. Agreed, this guy is negative for no reason and needs to know there's a lot of people like us who don't agree with him and won't take their role models being dumped on. We ought to get the folks in the Alarm, Squeeze and Stray Cats fandom to join in.

wingo395
10-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Nice comment over there, Carrie. And I missed the one that Anonymous posted ahead of you - zinger!

wings

Doctor Roger
10-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey Wing Tip !!

Hope you can make Nevada... we'd all love to see you again my friend!

Dr. Roger

wingo395
10-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Hey good Dr Roger :)

Good to hear from you, as always - I so wish I had been paying attention to the forums closer, because I would have LOVED to see Kansas in Fremont the other night - ARRRRGH!

I'll see what I can do re: Nevada shows and hope to see everyone there! Bash, I need some arm-twisting here.. ;)

wingo

shoeman
10-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by wingo395

--------------------------------------------

Might I have the honor of applying that swift kick??!!

Just let me find a pair of football cleats.
In size 13........

[snarl]

:mad:

The Queen
10-31-2007, 06:10 AM
If you look at the Day 21 photos for October 29....is that Cy's green belly? :drunk:

http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-twenty-one/

45 rpm
10-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Mike was interviewed by CNN which has been broadcast around the world.
To view the clip please visit:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2007/10/27/sesay.intv.peters.rock.cnn

rockerchic
10-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for sharing that CNN Clip with us! Looking forward to seeing and hearing more in our local media!

Katrina
11-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Whoohhh that clip is fantastic and even has some of the website.

Very pleased indeed.

I also read the blog - not sure how to respond!

Carrie
11-01-2007, 02:21 PM
If you look at the Day 21 photos for October 29....is that Cy's green belly? :drunk:

http://lovehopestrength.com/everest/day-twenty-one/

I was also wondering about what's probably brown paint mixed in with the green in that picture...at first it looked like Cy has a noticeable scar on his abdomen. My friend didn't want me asking about this, but I'm just too curious ;)

musegirl
11-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Carrie
I was also wondering about what's probably brown paint mixed in with the green in that picture...at first it looked like Cy has a noticeable scar on his abdomen. My friend didn't want me asking about this, but I'm just too curious ;)

I think it's just green paint, but the lighting and the angle are a bit strange and the result is kinda odd, that's all.

The Queen
11-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I wonder how Cy and Jamie are feeling now, and how much sleeping they are doing. After all that fresh air and sunshine they took in, they should sleep solid for a long time. I am sure they are enjoying being back home and resting up from such a wonderful one of a kind journey.

They did great! :goodie:

allicat
11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Cy does indeed have a scar on his belly. Seen it before.

Whassup with the green paint?

Carrie
11-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Wow, since that is a scar, he must have been badly injured or had major surgery, poor guy. As curious as I am, though, I would never ask him...but maybe he'll talk about it sometime.

45 rpm
11-10-2007, 06:51 PM
I wonder how Cy and Jamie are feeling now, and how much sleeping they are doing. After all that fresh air and sunshine they took in, they should sleep solid for a long time. I am sure they are enjoying being back home and resting up from such a wonderful one of a kind journey.

They did great! :goodie:

Not much of a rest it seems. Jamie joined the Alarm for the encore at their gig tonight in
London. Photo up at:
http://thealarm.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2061084361/m/6691065982?r=6691065982#6691065982

rockerchic
11-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks 45 rpm for sharing that with us! Where do they get their energy from? Did you attend the show?

Katrina
11-11-2007, 03:47 AM
I certainly did :D Although he only came on for the encore - great show by The Alarm and roll on the next gig at Manchester and more lhs charity events coming soon..............

Katrina
11-11-2007, 03:47 AM
I certainly did :D great show by The Alarm and roll on the next gig at Manchester and more lhs charity events coming soon..............