PDA

View Full Version : The Sign Of Fire on our muzak!!!

Carrie
08-14-2007, 03:52 PM
So, I was listening to the Reach the Beach album today at work. I started cursing my media player, thinking the thing was possessed, because I was hearing Sign of Fire again even though it played a few songs ago. I start to mess with it, when I realize Opinions is still playing! HUH?!? I know I've lost my mind, but... So I pop up out of my cubicle like a gopher in search of where the other Fixx music is coming from, and lo and behold, they're playing it on our muzak! My co-workers really think I'm cracked now, because I started exclaiming excitedly about how they're playing a rarer Fixx song on the muzak! That same muzak gets played in the grocery store and lots of other places around here, which means if they keep playing it (and many songs they add, they play to death), it will mean a lot of exposure for our boys! Way to go - something I WANT to hear played over and over for a change!

:goodie:

The Queen
08-14-2007, 05:47 PM
As much as I am all for promotion for The Fixx in all manner and form, Muzak never crossed my mind.

Have to reconsider this...we've crossed a line here.

Carrie
08-14-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't mind so much if they play the real song (which this did), because then at least some of the songs are ones I really like, and it makes the day better. It's when they turn it into elevator music that I cringe. Having said that, I used to work at a place that had that elevator-type muzak, and the only tolerable song was the version of Saved By Zero. It was decently true to the original, but with no Cy...yeah, it was definitely missing him!

I'm kinda glad I wasn't in the store when I heard Sign of Fire, or I might have sung along and scared away all their customers :p

The Queen
08-14-2007, 06:51 PM
I would pay extra to be in a store where they played that! :p