PDA

View Full Version : Gary Tibbs on MySpace

Bash
08-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Last night, I got a request to be added as a friend of "gary tibbs." Not sure where the page came from (maybe Jordan can tell us?), but as I checked again this morning, I still appear to be his only friend.

You MySpacers should go here:

Gary Tibbs at MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/garytibbs)

Please request an add so I'm not floating there by myself... :)

http://www.bashful7.com/2kitties.gif

Carrie
08-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the tip! I had looked for pages for Gary and Adam to no avail. Only recently found Jamie's and put in a request, but I don't think he adds fans (understandable).

rockerchic
08-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Thank you Bash, I signed up for Gary's and wrote a comment. I signed up for The Fixx, Cy's, and Jamie's. All of which I am waiting a response. Gary already invited me on his space. Thanks Gary! I left Jamie a message which appears to be read. I thanked him for a great show on the 9th and for giving me his pick. He did not add me as a friend on his board though and don't know if he will especially reading Carrie's aforementioned post. I wonder what the deal is with not signing fans on to the site? I did not post a photo so maybe he did not know who it was? He probably would only know me if he remembers faces from the shows.

Diamond05
08-16-2007, 07:17 PM
from Carrie: "Only recently found Jamie's and put in a request, but I don't think he adds fans (understandable)."

Do you know what it is under? I have not seen one for JWO- and not sure he's on a computer too often- maybe his kid(s) made him up one recently????

d3.3

rockerchic
08-16-2007, 07:33 PM
His name is where I found Jamie but be sure to hyphen the surname like this West-Oram. Hope that helps. It does appear that they all recently got a MySpace Page of their own.:tup:

Diamond05
08-16-2007, 07:41 PM
and it looks like this:

http://www.myspace.com/jamiewestoram

thanks people!

d3.3

rockerchic
08-16-2007, 07:43 PM
No hyphen? I thought there was? Could there be two different spaces?

rockerchic
08-16-2007, 08:08 PM
I clicked your link D3 and found it is the same. Now if he puts any one from here on his board do tell him it is safe to add me.;) Thanks!

The Queen
08-18-2007, 03:56 PM
There are a lot of people that create pages for their favorite artists, and pass the pages off as 'official' by making them look like they belong to the artist. I am not against this, coz at the end of the day it is just a fan promoting an artist, and this may turn out to be one of those.

I added him as a friend, hopefully he'll get online and check the page and add me too.

rockerchic
08-18-2007, 08:16 PM
These look legite and JWO's friend list have 2 of his son. Gary was online earlier on it and I was trying to send a message but an internal error appeared so I guess my message was lost. Oh well maybe next time.

Bash
08-19-2007, 09:37 AM
It's funny - I spend less than 5 minutes a day on MySpace (socially, I'm a bit too old for it), and the majority of that is approving/denying requests. It seems people are finding my list (almost 1500 now) useful for networking.

Gary's page may have been made by his daughter...maybe she'll confirm that for us here?

While I'm not personally compelled to add Jamie, it sure can't hurt for anyone to ask.

So we have Gary, Rupert, Cy and Jamie accounted for...

I did an email search for Adam and found a page associated with the address, but it had one friend (the ubiquitous "Tom") and didn't appear open for business.

http://www.bashful7.com/myspace.jpg

rockerchic
08-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks to anyone who had any influence as :goodie: I got added to Jamie's site:goodie: :cool: :D ! Still awaiting Cy and Rupert. Yeah I could not find Adam anywhere either. Where are you Adam??? Maybe banging on the drum all day?
Though it is a mostly juvenile scene to most of you, I do find it a great place to meet other people with similar interests and to keep up with my favorite artists instead of loggin on each message board . Everything and everyone is more wrapped up into one package (even if it is not so neat yet!) I wanted to add a background layout using a site from CleanupMyspace but it seemed too complex for me.:rolleyes: I would love to blog more too but I have to be guarded as to what I write about because there maybe unwanted lurkers that can make me uncomfortable!:shh:

Bash
08-19-2007, 02:19 PM
See, there you go, Rockerchic! I'll bet Diamond was right - Jamie probably just doesn't log on much, which is maybe why you didn't get added right away.

I just wish the chat invites and messages I get weren't from 15 y.o. girls who want to giggle about boys I'm old enough to be the mother of... LOL! I turned off my MySpace IM because of that. Too busy to chat these days, anyway. I agree it's a good place to keep up with some of your favorite artists. MySpace would rock more if you could set options for each friend - like whether or not you see their bulletins, etc. With about 1500 on my list, I get way too many bulletins to keep up with. Maybe get an alert when you get bulletins from your favorites, etc. But it's better than nothing, for sure!

dejapete
08-20-2007, 05:56 PM
So is that Gary? He presents himself with no personal info. Just a third person bio. I suspect he probably had someone else set it up for him.

Yeah, Bash. I was wondering about the quantity of bulletins one gets having lots of friends. How many one has to go through. And you can't delete them, either.

Bash
08-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Once I hit 1500 (yesterday), they no longer showed the bulletins list on my home page. There's just a link to see them if I want to. That's nice, actually - makes my page load faster.

Gary, Cy and The Fixx have their pages set up in the music category, and the focus there is more of a promotional presentation. Rupert and Jamie just set up regular personal pages. I know Rupert created his own - I remember him commenting that he felt obliged to figure out how to make it look interesting now that he made one. :)

rockerchic
08-20-2007, 07:24 PM
I am having a ball with this MySpace!
If ya' talk to Mr. Greenall, tell him I won't bite !;)

spin it
08-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Dunno what all the fuss about myspace is,wont catch me on there,lol .Oh sorry got to go message from rockerchick.

rockerchic
08-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Nah Spin it I think it is this message board that misses you! Why aren't you here more often? You have got to show The Fixx your love and wishes for them to play in the U.K.!
Now did Spin it say something about my space?
As if I have not already spent many of my free moments on this board, I now am becoming addicted to MySpace. Lots of information and cool people from cool places finding me! It is like a headquarters for me and all the other boards and groups that I follow. Plus it is the only place that I don't have to finagle with the photos to make them fit! Lots of great people giving me pointers to get my profile page up and running. Thanks!
:)