PDA

View Full Version : A GREAT Show !! Read This !

Doctor Roger
08-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Last Saturday night, I had the pleasure of seeing history in the making.
I was doing a show with Pat Travers on Friday night in Lake Tahoe, when I was asked to join the band the following night at Pacific Amphitheatre in Costa Mesa. I agreed as I was already scheduled to drive to Las Vegas for a work project on Sunday, so what the heck.....

On the bill for Saturday was Pat Travers opening the show, then "Riders On The Storm", or the reunited DOORS, complete with the lead singer from Fuel. I was totally blown away by this band. It transported me back to my early high school days. They sounded perfect doing the Doors classics.

THEN, it gets better !! On the bill for the headline was Paul Rogers (from bad Company, Free, etc.) This set was one of the best non-FIXX shows I've seen in years! I had the pleasure of seeing all the bands from the stage, and also very cool was the Fuel singer (I don't know his name) standing with me for the whole Bad Co. show, singing along with me. He's a much better singer than I am, both Doors classics AND Bad Co. songs ! Hahaha.....

After the show, I was very lucky to actually meet Paul Rogers AND get a picture with him and my friend Rick together. This was special as Paul Rogers only allowed this ONE picture to be taken, because he said he was also a fan of Pat Travers. Our buddy Ed (thefixx.com) was also in attendance, having also been invited by Pat Travers.

In summary, if you see Riders On The Storm or Paul Rogers on sale near you, I strongly suggest that you go to these shows, I think you'll love it!

A Very Nostalgic Dr. Roger
:)

Carrie
08-19-2007, 08:24 AM
I saw Paul Rodgers as part of Queen + Paul Rodgers in March of '06...Queen obviously sounds different with him as frontman, but I can vouch for how very good he is...they sounded awesome, and performed Queen, Free, and Bad Co. songs (though I wish they could have done Shooting Star and one other I can't think of right now). He also looks awesome, and his very cool outfits are all designed by his wife.

Glad you got to meet him!

kitttie
08-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Roger,

That is so awesome! Sometimes all it takes is being in the right place at the right time... :) I had actually thought about going to that show, as I love Paul Rodgers, but didn't get lucky enough to score a prime seat. I know you didn't exactly know ahead of time, but if you're going to be in my neck of the woods again, let me know.

Sheryl

dee
08-20-2007, 03:42 AM
hey dr. roger that is so great for you!!! i too saw paul rodgers with queen in 06 here at the hsbc in buffalo it was a excellent concert and he always sounds great you were very lucky to be a part of this always loved the doors too and pat travers how exciting so glad you had this honor very cool dee:wave: :goodie: :wave:

Carrie
08-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Hey Dee, that's two concerts that we've both been at and didn't meet up :) Maybe the third time'll be a charm?!? Where were you sitting at the Queen show? I was stage right, in the second row up from the floor, a section or two back. A friend of mine gave me a live recording of that show for my birthday, a few weeks after the show...awesome. Also got a tour program for myself at the show and a T-shirt for a guy who works at the museum I volunteer at.

I wonder if they'll be coming around again if they tour in '08...of course, the Fixx are my priority now :p

dee
08-20-2007, 04:56 PM
wow carrie this is too wierd i won 4th row tickets to queen!!! i was in the front of the stage to the right probably not too far away from you!!! i went with my sister in law lori we were very close to the stage i could have touched paul rodgers lol that was a excellent concert wasn't it? i am going to poison and ratt wednesday night at darien lake are you going to that one lol? i am sure we will meet soon we both like the same music and go to alot of concerts take care dee:wave:

Carrie
08-20-2007, 06:17 PM
You get so lucky winning tickets to concerts, Dee! Poison and Ratt are playing the State Fair here on Friday, but I'm not into them enough to spend $40 on a ticket. I'm going to the Fair on September 1st...no free concert I'm really into, but if we get rained out and go the 2nd, Tesla is the free concert...they might be interesting. Poco, Pure Prairie League and Firefall are free on Friday, America is the 29th, but I've seen them, Eddie Money's the 30th, and Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat are the 31st, but I don't think my friend is too into going after work, so those are out. TOO BAD! Ah well, at least I have someone to go with this year; it'll be the first time I've been since I worked there years ago! Wonder if any other Syracuse Fixxtures are going...well, that'd be a topic for another thread...I've derailed this one enough :o

dee
08-21-2007, 03:05 AM
wow carrie all the free concerts you are having there were here already like eddie money and foghat and blue oyster cult but they were here two years ago at the fair america is still pretty good too actually i am trying to win genesis tickets this week on 97 rock have to answer a question every day but i will try let you know if i win hubby loves them and tickets are just too high for us to buy right now have a good one dee:wave: