PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Shows (Other Artists)

Doctor Roger
09-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I am working with a friend of mine who is a promoter/booking agent/tour manager for alot of acts. We are working with a venue that was country only, but has since opened it's mind and doors to rock and comedy. My friend, Tony, is a booking wizard! A few of the shows we booked coming to The Saddle Rack in Fremont, Ca. , are as follows:

Tanya Tucker
Vince Neil
Zucchero
Kansas
Eddie Money
Billy Ray Cyrus
Quiet Riot with Slaughter
Brett Michaels of Poison
Davey Jones of the Monkees
Gallagher
Paul Rodriguez
Lou Graham of Foreigner
Many Many More Coming....

For dates and info, go to thesaddlerack.com and check it out! If you are nearby, hit me up !

Dr. Roger

bradluke0
09-26-2007, 09:36 AM
nice line-up !! we just recently saw both eddie money and lou grahmm at the hard rock in orlando , they were both great shows........not quite the calibre of the fixx , but fun nonetheless !! brad

dee
09-26-2007, 04:49 PM
very cool dr. roger love eddie money he still has it lol also would love to see slaughter and quiet riot also love billy ray cyrus probably the only country singer i like besides alan jackson you are gonna have a excellent time at these shows!!!! dee:wave:

Carrie
09-26-2007, 04:58 PM
I'll be interested to hear how Eddie Money's show goes...he's the only artist of the above I've seen (at the NY state fair last month). I thought his voice was not what it once was, but maybe it was an off night. His band was awesome, he's a real crowd pleaser and nice guy. He had his daughter (who's a real looker with a powerful voice and who collaborates with him on a new album) perform with him for part of the show.

Doctor Roger
09-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Thanks Dee !

These shows are making my head spin... we just added Joan Rivers and Don Rickles, OMG ! There's a rumor that when we have Billy Ray Cyrus here, his daughter, Miley Cyrus (who is Hannah Montana) MAY show up for a duet with Billy Ray as a surprise. She is playing a huge arena 2 days after the Billy Ray show. If she shows up there will probably be a teenie-riot when the adults call the kids. Tonight is Tanya Tucker, I'm nervous!

I'm sure that these shows will be fun and a good time killer until the Fixx arrives! It also provides me with much needed training with how to prepare and treat these visiting acts. Each star needs a different introduction, some have encores and others don't. Some require only red M&M's, others need Red Bull. And the like..... but it is fun and I really enjoy being in the middle of it all. One thing is for sure, I will have fun and wish alot of Fixxtures could be here in the crowd!

Dee, let us know about your shows and reviews, I'll do the same. Thanks,

Much Love to All,

Dr. Roger

The Queen
09-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Doctor Roger
I am working with a friend of mine who is a promoter/booking agent/tour manager for alot of acts. We are working with a venue that was country only, but has since opened it's mind and doors to rock and comedy. My friend, Tony, is a booking wizard! A few of the shows we booked coming to The Saddle Rack in Fremont, Ca. , are as follows:

Zucchero

For dates and info, go to thesaddlerack.com and check it out! If you are nearby, hit me up !

Dr. Roger

Zucchero is someone I've always been curious about! I haven't checked your site yet to see if he performed or not, but if he hasn't I'm sure you'll enjoy him, he's got a slight 'joe cocker' quality to his singing.

Doctor Roger
09-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi Queen,

I've never heard of him until recently. I do know that the tickets are selling for that show. I heard he's into Italian type music (?). I have an open mind, and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for your reply.

Dr. Roger

The Queen
09-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Roger,

I think you'll enjoy him, if you go to his website you'll see he is pretty much sold out everywhere he goes. I have an aunt that lives in Cognac, France and he was just there in July too, and I wish I had paid attention, I would have been able to see him and had a place to stay. Dang!

BTW, Cognac has a major blues/jazz fest every summer at the end of July and they get major headliners to play, for anyone that may be in the area. It's worth the trip, and maybe a shot of Hennessey on the way too. ;)

dee
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
hi dr. roger for sure i will report on any shows i go to of course i know you will do the same this is so exciting for you all these wonderful performers to introduce and such i got goose bumps reading the list seeing as i am a concert addict lol good luck i know you will do a excellent job !! take care dee:wave: :tup:

Doctor Roger
10-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Last night I did a show featuring Vince Neil of Motley Crue. It was MUCH better than I thought it would be. I thought I only knew one son (Girls, Girls, Girls), but it turned out that they did 3 Zeppelin songs and others that I knew.

His wife looked exactly like Pamela Anderson, and she had a crew of 6 other ladies that looked similar. I nicknamed them "The Stepford Girls" .
Vince was very private and aloof back stage and would not meet many people. I was lucky enough to bring a wheelchair bound lady and a Leukemia patient (both HUGE fans) backstage to meet Vince upon his wife's approval. I took pictures for them and they left very, very happy. My good deed for the day. Vince has a big following as 50 or so fans were waiting near the limo for an autograph after the show, but he just got in the limo and left. Very unlike The Fixx... we really are lucky to have the access to the guys like we do. They are true gentlemen, as I see more and more comparing them to these other acts I'm meeting and MC'ing for.

I also have found a new respect for our Tour Manager Ira. Some of these other managers are mostly on a power trip, wheeling and dealing for access, taking pleasure in denying access to true die hard fans, and the like. I think that these older bands should start appreciating the fans that got them to the plateau they are at. I think they should ALL do a meet and greet, even if they are not selling merch. Take a hint from the Fixx and Ira's methods. Almost any true Fixx fan has had the chance to meet the band, via the meet and greets, and other opportunities that Ira cordially allows.

I felt bad for the throngs of fans last night that got "dissed". I was asked, begged, cajoled, and everything else you can imagine by many fans if I could get them back stage to meet Vince. I was only allowed to bring those two aforementioned people in. In closing, I wanted to impart to everyone how much we should all respect, help, and appreciate Our Tour Manager Ira. Thanks for reading....coming soon, my reviews of Quiet Riot, Slaughter, Billy Ray Cyrus, among many others.

Dr. Roger

Carrie
10-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Amen to that, though I have to add my thanks to other Fixx fans as well...with the meet and greets pretty sparse on the most recent tour (my first), I would never have had the experience I did without the help of first Ira, then the other fans, and then the guys themselves.

The experience between band and fans is the #1 reason the Fixx is now my favorite, though. I spent years, tears, and no small amount of money hoping to meet the members of my former favorite band (and let me tell you, their A-list fans are no help to the B-list fans, and you find out rather quickly which list you're on)! I suppose there are some bands out there whose following is just so huge that it can't be managed by anything other than avoidance, which I think was the case there, but there were plenty of small events where the dodging-of-fans stories would be almost funny if I didn't know what it felt like. I often say that those guys may live on the same planet as I do, but they don't live in the same world.

When I think about all the camaraderie I missed with the Fixx during that time, it almost makes me ill, but I suppose everything happens for a reason (possibly to make me appreciate the Fixx that much more, or at least to teach me patience, where the truly good people are, or that the unexpected dream is sometimes the one that comes true).

I was very pleasantly surprised that a few of the bands I saw at the New York State Fair free concerts this year did meet and greets...Poco, Firefall, and Orleans. I didn't take advantage of them, but knowing what it means to a fan, I was glad to see the Fixx do have some company there!

Bottom line is, the Fixx (and staff, and fans) are humble people who know how to relate to other folks. I think a lot of members of other bands (and their A-listers) isolate themselves in their own little worlds for so long that they forget how to do that.

The Queen
10-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I think we fans know we have a very special thing with The Fixx, a lot of us follow other artists, and it's just not common how we can say we've met the guys and have been made to feel comfortable by them.

To think for years and years, I had always admired them, but hesitated to meet them because I was always afraid 'what if they're jerks?', and yet I have admired them as artists with the highest of esteem. I was so afraid that they would burst the bubble I had them in, and in fact they just did the opposite, that bubble is even bigger!

I'm very appreciative of what we as fans of The Fixx have with them.

allicat
10-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Let's hear it for Ira!! :goodie:

Let's hear it for The Fixx!! :love:

Because of these guys being so open and accessible, they tranform great shows to experiences that will remain with us for life. Things to tell the grandkids (future Fixxtures) one day...

Long live THE FIXX!

I also wonder if the annoyance factor may vary between fan crowds...perhaps that attributes to the aloofness of the bands/artists? Maybe you could do a study, MC Doctor, and get back to us with your results! (On a scale of 1 to 10...) Fixx fans, at least in my experience, are as a whole rather intelligent, respectful and nice. That may help a band to be less avoidant. Plus, if you are out touring on a long stretch, wouldn't it get boring to be holed up all the time? Go out and meet the people, bask in their smiles, and all that.

Doctor Roger
10-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi All !

A few recent shows to tell you about.....

Eddie Money last Sunday was so much FUN, I don't know where to begin. Best of all, Steve P. and Deb actually drove up for the show! This was a rare night for me as I got caught up in the moment and began drinking heavily, as I usually don't do for many reasons. My best recollection of the show was that although Eddie aged and seemed a bit slow, the band and his daughter were fantastic. Many memories of dancing like a fool, slamming Grey Goose and pineapple, having a blast with Steve and Deb, along with a few other friends new and old. Perhaps Steve could elaborate on the show, but I recall they played all the biggest hits and the crowd LOVED it all. I did get to meet Eddie and he was very cordial and approachable.

Zucchero, the Italian superstar, was a show not to forget. It was a sellout, and everyone in line (1000 plus) was speaking Italian! I never heard of him before, but these fans sure did. He totally wowed the crowd while I politely watched it all from the sidelines. He was like Elvis with his popularity. I found all this strange as again, I didn't know who he was! I learned to try to have an open mind with these musicians that I don't know of. They were a tight, well polished band.

Billy Ray Cyrus was last night. I do know who he is, especially with him being Hannah Montana's dad and all. I don't like country music, but again, with an open mind, I must say that this show was great. I got to meet him and found him to be one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He took tons of time to sign things, let ladies whisper in his ear, took many pictures, etc. The ladies showered him with roses, kisses, notes, and themselves! He joked that some of these things would be on YouTube tomorrow, and he has lots of explaining to do to his wife. Let's face it, he is a heartthrob to many women, country fans and non-country fans alike. I heard hundreds of times how great his *** is last night. I think he does need a haircut though... all in all another great show as I got pictures signed for clients of mine who couldn't be there, and they closed the show with a fantastic version of "Call Me The Breeze", a classic Skynard song.

This Sunday is Quiet Riot and Slaughter. Oh Boy... I don't know what to expect for this show, but I'm surely game!

Coming up is Lou Gramm of Foreigner, Brett Michaels, Skid Row with Bang Tango, Davey Jones (The Monkees), Gallagher (Comedian), Terri Clark, and many other acts. I'll try to post after each one.

Fondly,

Dr. Roger

Steve Pariseau
10-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah baby! Eddie Money was a great show. A HUGE thanks to Roger for offering this show to anyone here on the board. Deb and I had a GREAT time. We met some of Roger's other friends who turned out to be some decent folks to party with.

Yeah, Roger let it go alright. I guess he usually doesn't drink that much. I gotta say though Rog, you were having a great time and that is priceless.

Eddie was good and like Roger said, his daughter Jessie was even better. I think Eddie is getting a little too old to do these shows anymore. I'm glad I went to one of his shows before he hangs it up.

Thanks again Roger.
Steve

musegirl
10-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Doctor...you have the most fabulous adventures! Thanks for sharing them with us.

I, for one, will be waiting breathlessly for stories about Bret Michaels. After watching "Rock of Love" on VH1 this season (Yes! I admit it! It watched the cheesy skeezefest with horror and fascination. I need an intervention!) and I can only imagine what a real show looks and sounds like. Oh, and Davy Jones, of course. I've seen him on the GorillaTrade ads lately and am interested to see how this return to public life goes for him...

Best,
Lisa

Doctor Roger
10-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Hi Musegirl!

I have a great idea.... if you are THAT into Brett Michaels, why don't you create an adventure and fly out for the show? I'll get you in to meet him and you can take pictures and post them here. Again, I don't know much about him, I heard about his show (my brother is a huge fan). But for sure if you invest the time and money to fly here, I'll introduce you. That would be you plus one other person. It would be my pleasure to help.................

Ticket sales for Brett are going well, but your confirmation will get you on
"the List". Let me know if you have an adventurous bone in you. I just secured a front row table for Quiet Riot for friends of mine, how priceless! I hope I don't get even more deaf sitting with them for a spell..... The Brett show is December 2nd in Fremont, Ca., about 15 minutes north of San Jose airport. Let me know..... the invitation is open until sellout.

All this goes without saying that I'm REALLY jazzed for the FIXX in about 3 weeks! NOTHING compares to a FIXX show for me. I'm driving the 7-8 hours to Henderson (Vegas) for the shows on 11-23 and 24. Hope to see many of you there!

Hope to hear from you Musey.....

Love to All,

Dr. Roger

:shh:

Doctor Roger
10-30-2007, 02:40 PM
AND..............

Now that we'll see PIPPI, Cygnet and Robnet in Henderson, does this mean we'll get a special visit from ALLICAT and KEVCAT ???? Like, a Santa Cruz reunion but only in Vegas? Now THAT would be classic! Let's ALL travel to VEGAS BABY !!

Just Dreaming.....

Dr. Roger

Carrie
10-30-2007, 05:05 PM
I've posted a few times elsewhere that I and my friend Dan will be making the trip out to Vegas for the 11/23 and 11/24 shows, but I think they've gone unnoticed. I hope some or all of you will actually want to meet us. We don't bite!!!

Doctor Roger
10-30-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi Carrie,

I am totally looking forward to meeting you and Dan. I've read and enjoyed your posts for some time, and after all, we are all family! See you there!

Dr. Roger

Carrie
10-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Great, hope to see everyone there! We'll be hanging around bright and early to see if we can catch soundcheck and the like!

The Queen
10-30-2007, 05:24 PM

Zucchero, the Italian superstar, was a show not to forget. It was a sellout, and everyone in line (1000 plus) was speaking Italian! I never heard of him before, but these fans sure did. He totally wowed the crowd while I politely watched it all from the sidelines. He was like Elvis with his popularity. I found all this strange as again, I didn't know who he was! I learned to try to have an open mind with these musicians that I don't know of. They were a tight, well polished band.

Dr. Roger

I knew you'd enjoy him...he is really cool, and seems like he'd be best to see live. Lucky, lucky you.

allicat
10-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Roger, you devil, I'm actually thinking about it!!!
But really, how can I get tickets to fly to Vegas on such short notice, on the day after Thanksgiving?!

Doctor Roger
10-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Dear Alli,

Where there's a will, there's a way..... after all, didn't you bring a beautiful little girl into this world? After doing that, a plane flight should be "child's play".

Hope you can make it after all, and bring KevCat this time! We'll find a babysitter for the 2 nights!

Dr. Roger

allicat
10-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Seriously, I think that giving birth would be easier than dealing with Kira on a plane for 6 hours (each way!). True, my labor was relatively easy, at least in hindsight! It is a daunting task, for sure. I'm concerned Kira would be miserable. Let me think on it.

Doctor Roger
11-04-2007, 05:24 AM
Tonight is the Quiet Riot show. I don't know what to think or expect. I imagine a rowdy crowd? Either way, I plan to relax and take this all in.

I discovered that I can't make the Fixx's Scottsdale show (bummer), because I logistically can't be in 2 places at once, so I'm doing the Lou Gramm (of Foreigner) show on the 21st, here locally, then going to Henderson on the 23rd.

Many Fixxtures have contacted me about going to the Henderson shows. I hope you all come and we'll have a impromptu shindig there! The venue resort is kinda pricey, but probably worth it. I know of at least 8-10 Fixxtures that say they will be there. Totally looking forward that weekend!

So, all you who emailed me asking about that weekend, hurry and buy your plane tickets while you still have the 18 days advance purchase option. Or, be adventurous like me and DRIVE there. Either way, hope to see many of you there.

Best To All,

Dr. Roger

pippi617
11-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Woo Hooooooooooo!!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

pippi617
11-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Can I get a..............

**** YEA!!

(sorry rog)

earth to Bash...........come in Bash.

Doctor Roger
11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
The Quiet Riot show was last night and here's my take.....

Although nice enough guys, this band should call it quits. The singer was not in good form, the timing was off, and the 'tightness" was not there. Most of the crowd loved them as they were obviously die hard fans, but I'd never pay to go see them. The 2 songs I knew (Bang Your Head and C'mon feel the noise) were just OK at best. The drunk women rushed the stage, but I don't know why. The lead singer is one of the ugliest guys I've seen, his voice sounded like AC/DC's singer, and the screaming just didn't do it for me.

I'm now looking forward to Bret Michaels on Dec. 2nd. They added a Hooter's swimsuit competition that night, with Bret as the judge. The tickets for this show are selling like hot cakes and we are bringing in extra security. Does anyone know any songs that Bret does? I don't know Poison songs or anything he may have done solo. The popularity is based on a TV show he has which I've never seen. My brother watches it and loves it. It should be a very interesting night!

Coming up will be Lou Gramm of Foreigner, Pat Travers, Terri Clark, among many others scheduled for 2008.

My offer to Fixxtures stands. PM me and I'll try to get you in to any of these shows. I can't WAIT until the Fixx plays at this venue! Perhaps in 2008 sometime.

So that's the Quiet Riot take. Sorry if my opinions offended any QR fans, but there it is...

Much Love To All,

Dr. Roger

Diamond05
11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Quote: "The drunk women rushed the stage, but I don't know why. The lead singer is one of the ugliest guys I've seen, his voice sounded like AC/DC's singer, and the screaming just didn't do it for me. "

(laughing... ) Now that's funny Dr R! LOL!

I never saw all the hype to those guys when they did it 20 + years ago...

But the way i look at it now, Is all these mediocre acts that TRY and pretend they are still young and wild... (when they suck!) just makes me/us all appreciate the FIXX even more...!!!

Cause the FIXXmen just keep getting better and better with age (like wine!) their music, attitude, and persona has always been true and honest, and they didnt paint themselves into a style or fad- making their stuff timeless and still fresh and interesting after all these years...

dont ya think???

(PS- still laughing 'bout the drunk girl rushing the stage !) LMAO!

Sound like you venue gets QUITE the variety of shows tho- thats good!

d3

musegirl
11-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know any songs that Bret does?

Okay, I gotta pipe up here. First, thanks for the review Doc. Sounds like Quiet Riot was just about how I expected.

I don't believe anyone who isn't a big Bret Michaels fan knows his solo material. I think he's had a few albums. As for the Poison stuff, a quick review on Wikipedia brings the following um, classics, to the surface...
"Every Rose Has It's Thorn"
"Nothin' But a Good Time"
"Unskinny Bop"
You may want to check out the corresponding YouTube videos to blow out the cobwebs. Now, what I don't know is whether Bret has license to do the songs solo. One would imagine so.

One of the things that strikes me funny on the TV show is how Michaels, when speaking, reminds me in his earnestness of the way David Cassidy used to sound when he'd stop and talk in he middle of a Partridge Family song. (I suspect Fotolinda is the only person giggling about this right now.)

In any event, Doc, the bikini contest will likely be a highlight of the evening. Hope you have a blast!:D

Doctor Roger
11-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Hey D3,

Yes, it makes me appreciate the Fixx all the more ! Now in all fairness, I must say that some older bands still have it (Kansas,YES, Pat Travers, etc.), but I wanted to just be fair, honest, and real with my reviews. Like Zucchero for example.... I never even heard of him until the week before the show. He was GREAT. Again, the guys from Quiet Riot were nice and friendly, just (to me anyway), not up to par musically.

You are right about the Fixx. The newer music, old classics, the artistry and musicianship prevails in what I believe will be timeless inclusion into the best of the "80's" bands. They are much more than that to you, me, and the rest of the readers here, but your observation is right, even the neutral concertgoer can see and hear the difference between has-been and "still got it" bands.

Thanks D3 for your post and you too Musegirl! I'll be SURE to document the Bret show in detail, and if I knew how to post pictures, I'd do that too! Maybe I'll email them to you and you can put them up with the FIXX Webmaster's prior approval?

Best,

Dr. Roger

Diamond05
11-05-2007, 06:44 PM
yeah im right there with ya doc, i never really understood/liked that type of music- but i appreciate your play by play! ;) but it pretty clear who still has it and who should be puttin on the depends ...

keep up da good work...

well Cy's disc just arrived sitting out cold in my mailbox, so i just got home from a league coaches meeting, and its time i warmed up that disc in the player-

heard plenty of the minute tidbits- looking forward to the entire project as a whole...

Deborah
11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
My dear Doctor Roger,

Hoping all is well with you. Just a quick note to thank you for the wonderful time at the Eddie Money concert. The people we sat with were delightful. Thanks for introducing us. Hope to see you again soon.
Love Deborah

Doctor Roger
11-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Y/W Deb !!

I'll see you and Steve in 12 days.... save me a seat up front!!

Looking forward.............

Dr. Roger

Fixxed07
11-27-2007, 03:12 PM
wow, I just read all the great acts for Saddle Rack. I used to live in CA. I am from San Leandro. I moved to Vegas/Henderson just a few years back. (I took a 4 month vacation to Alb NM for a bit and came back to Nevada in Sept) I missed the BR Saddle Rack show, but saw him here in Primm a few weeks back. I have seen him and met him, got autographs and pics with him several times. Great show and nice guy. I met Eddie Money a few years ago..turns out he is a friend of my sisters, which I did not know until I went to get an autograph and he called me out by name and we chatted...nice guy.
One question..Rog, for the QR show who was the singer? Was it Kevin? hmm..well we know what sadly has come of him as of late.

I have to say..impressive that you have a friend that works with these folks. I should get into this business..lol. I like to meet people.

Doctor Roger
11-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Yes It was Kevin....

We heard about his death when we landed in Vegas. Tony mentioned that it very sad that the last QR show was presented by him at his venue. We actually presented the last QR show and saw the very last one. Tony will probably go to the funeral. Now I feel bad about giving them a bad review..... thoughts and prayers go out to his relatives.

Dr. Roger

Beached Male
11-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Doc,
Don't be hard on yourself for the review. Death and Truth are part of Life, and individuals must face both eventually in a lifetime.

Keep the chin up...
BM

Fixxed07
11-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Hey Rog...don't get too down. life happens. I know you meant nothing bad of course. They were just doing an interview on my way home on the radio re: Kevin. He had a "hard" life that comes with the lifestyle of being in R&R...ya know. That is what (I think his wife is who they were interviewing on the radio) said just a few mins ago. Its definitlely sad he will be missed.

When I read what I said in my post before responding here...I actually got kinda creeped out when you responded that in fact it was him. Sorry if I came off sounding morbid, but I was only asking because you know how it is...bands break up and get new members. I had no idea if he still was doing music or not. lost track.

Doctor Roger
11-30-2007, 07:54 AM
To update the coming events.... again, if anyone is local, hit me up if you want to go to these shows...

This Sunday night is Bret Michaels with a Hooter Girl Bikini Contest (Bret is the judge). He is scheduled to do many Poison songs. this show is nearly sold out.

Tuesday, 12-4 is Terri Clark (country singer). I don't think many of you would be interested in this show, but I list them all.

For New Year's eve, I was asked to MC for Janie Lane and Warrant in Vegas. I don't yet know if I'm able to go, I'll update soon.

Still recuperating and catching up from the last 7 days, it was a ton of fun.

Thanks to all who posted regarding Quiet Riot/Kevin Dubrow.... I was not a fan of QR, so the things I'm hearing about him is all new to me. It's sad and part of the R&R lifestyle I guess. Best wishes and condolences to all who surround him.

Best,

Dr. Roger