PDA

View Full Version : The last place I'd expect to hear The Fixx

taralyn919
10-08-2007, 09:37 AM
I was at dinner last night and the Packers game was on TV. As they were going to commercial, they played the instrumental part of Saved By Zero! You know, just the heavy bass/guitar opening.

I couldn't believe it! My swim coach heard it too, so I wasn't dreaming.

I want the guys to get all the exposure they can get, but I was still surprised to hear them in a pro football broadcast.

:) Tara Lyn

The Queen
10-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I saw that! and since I don't normally watch sports, but my husband does, I walked into the room when that came on, and I said 'that's SAVED BY ZERO!...THE FIXX!'......and then I assumed that they must get that song played a lot for these things, since it seemed to fit so well for what and where it was being used, but only I never watch.

So for whoever did that! very cool! and I am glad I saw it.

taralyn919
10-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by The Queen [B}since it seemed to fit so well for what and where it was being used, but only I never watch.

So for whoever did that! very cool! and I am glad I saw it. [/B]

That's so cool that you saw it too!

I didn't catch the lead in, so I have no idea if the song was in context or not. I was actually trying to have a normal conversation with swim teammates over a TV that was too loud for normal conversation.

All I heard was the music, then I looked up toward the TV and it faded to commercial. I didn't hear anything the commentators said.

Oh well, at least I heard a surprise snippet of The Fixx. That always makes me smile!

The Queen
10-08-2007, 02:55 PM
That's all I heard too, and I started spazzing like an OCD'd "Name That Tune/Jeopardy" type person. You've seen me in action, so you can imagine the humiliation factor. :p

All I heard was the music, then I looked up toward the TV and it faded to commercial. I didn't hear anything the commentators said.

Oh well, at least I heard a surprise snippet of The Fixx. That always makes me smile!

:) Tara Lyn [/B]

EquestrianGrl78
10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I heard that too! I was lying on the couch talking to my dad and all of a sudden I was like " Oh my god, it's Saved By Zero"!!! I thought that I was hearing things for a few seconds, haha!:)

shoeman
10-08-2007, 06:16 PM
The song evidently worked its magic for the Chicago team.

The Packers had three fumbles.

The Bears?
You guessed it, zero!!

:p

taralyn919
10-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by The Queen
You've seen me in action, so you can imagine the humiliation factor. :p

Oh yeah! Sometimes I wish my friends were caught on Candid Camera.

thefixxdotcom
10-20-2007, 03:54 AM
I was at Kinkos and decided to peek next door at Big Lots. While looking at Christmas cards (already displayed!) "Sign of Fire" was played over the store's music system! I giggled, naturally.

Carrie
10-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I bet they have the same muzak my work did...they added that song a month or to ago, much to my delight...think they used to play Driven Out years ago.

DanBoutin
10-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by thefixxdotcom
I was at Kinkos and decided to peek next door at Big Lots. While looking at Christmas cards (already displayed!) "Sign of Fire" was played over the store's music system! I giggled, naturally.

I heard this song in an Arby's yesterday as well. :tup: