PDA

View Full Version : Hulluh.

Kitsuneyasha
10-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey I've been a Fixx fan ever since I heard their music. My dad introduced me to them when I was just a little tot, and technically I still am (I'm fifteen currently). When I was still living with my father, he was very controlling about most everything and especially the music I listened to. Basically I was only allowed to listen to music he listened to. That included The Fixx. So I learned to love his music and still listen to it to this day. He has boxes of cassettes and records and among them were original cassette copies of Shuttered Room, Phantoms, and Walkabout. He had Calm Animals on a record, and my mom had Elemental on CD. So I was Fixxed up until I heard some songs I didn't have on the web. I had to go get more so I asked me mum for moneys and set out to buy some more. My favorites include I Live, Going Overboard, Question, Built For The Future, The Flow, Falling In Love, Two Different Views, and You Don't Have To Prove Yourself. I tried to go in chronological order there if you didn't notice. I think I did it right. Anyway, so I cease the rambling, I'm going to shut it up now. I heart Fixx!

Carrie
10-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Welcome; you've come to the right place if you love the Fixx! I know there are some other fans your age here, so hopefully they'll have a chance to say hi! Have you ever been to one of their shows? If not, I hope you get the chance soon!

I've been catching up this year after being away from the Fixx for far too long. I was able to see them in July and will again in November, so I'm psyched! It's an exciting time with Cy and Jamie on the Everest trek and Cy releasing a solo album, too! I have too many favorites to name, but Saved by Zero is probably my fave song and Phantoms and Walkabout my fave albums.

Hope to see you around the board! Many of us here have MySpace, too, so if you spend time there, let us know (I'm http://www.myspace.com/fixxfancarrie if you (or anyone else) cares to add me).

The Queen
10-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Hulluh to you too!

And yes, it's is just a way of thinking after all. I like the way you think.

EquestrianGrl78
10-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey welcome, I'm 18 and I love The Fixx!!! I grew up listening to their music because my parents played a lot of the 80's when I was younger and it easily became my favorite genre of music to listen to. I am so glad that the younger crowd is getting into the eighties! In July, I got the opportunity of a lifetime to meet Cy Curnin!! I was sooo thrilled and he was so down to earth and sweet! This board is so wonderful and everybody on here is very friendly and sweet, you'll have fun! I hope you get the chance to see them perform soon, you won't be dissappointed!!

Kitsuneyasha
10-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Welcome; you've come to the right place if you love the Fixx! I know there are some other fans your age here, so hopefully they'll have a chance to say hi!Thanks, what better place to come than an official forum? I know none of my friends my age like them as much as I do ;/

Have you ever been to one of their shows? If not, I hope you get the chance soon!I haven't been to any show for any band unfortunately. If I ever get the chance I know I'll be sure to go see The Fixx.

I have too many favorites to name, but Saved by Zero is probably my fave song and Phantoms and Walkabout my fave albums.I don't know why but I've never been big on Saved By Zero, but I do like the version on 1011 Woodland a lot. I couldn't choose a favorite song or album, everything is all so good.

Hope to see you around the board! Many of us here have MySpace, too, so if you spend time there, let us know (I'm http://www.myspace.com/fixxfancarrie if you (or anyone else) cares to add me).I'll try to visit/post whenever I can. As for MySpace, my friends list can't get too big. Once I can't fit all of them in my top friends, I'm going to have to quit adding/accepting friends requests. ;]

Hulluh to you too!

And yes, it's is just a way of thinking after all. I like the way you think.I'm glad you like the way I think because I don't do it often.

Hey welcome, I'm 18 and I love The Fixx!!! I grew up listening to their music because my parents played a lot of the 80's when I was younger and it easily became my favorite genre of music to listen to. I am so glad that the younger crowd is getting into the eighties! In July, I got the opportunity of a lifetime to meet Cy Curnin!! I was sooo thrilled and he was so down to earth and sweet! This board is so wonderful and everybody on here is very friendly and sweet, you'll have fun! I hope you get the chance to see them perform soon, you won't be dissappointed!!Thanks. It's too bad all the crap my generation is listening to huh? I guess I'll absolutely have to go see them as soon as possible. I've been listening to them nonstop for the past few days. ;o