PDA

View Full Version : the Fixx in French?

Carrie
10-08-2007, 02:22 PM
I was discussing an idea I had with a fellow board member here and she thought it would be an interesting topic for discussion...has anyone ever considered what it would be like if Cy sang a song in French? or asked him if he's thought about it? Maybe it would have to be a solo song. At any rate, I would find it intriguing even though I don't speak much French.

I was reading Sidney Sheldon's Windmills of the Gods the other day and part of the story was taking place on the Place Pigalle...made me think of Cameras in Paris... :)

The Queen
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Carrie

...made me think of Cameras in Paris... :)

Cy does 'speak/sing' in French at the very end of Cameras in Paris, and it's muffled and very hard to figure out what he's really saying...I think it's just a lot of spy talk kind of stuff. Has anyone ever untangled it?

I for one would love to hear him sing an all French song! Now would it be political or a love song?

BTW Carrie, what a great idea! I hope Cy reads this and takes you up on your idea. I'm sure he's getting a lot of inspiration right about now on his journey of a lifetime.

DanBoutin
10-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Carrie
I was discussing an idea I had with a fellow board member here and she thought it would be an interesting topic for discussion...has anyone ever considered what it would be like if Cy sang a song in French? or asked him if he's thought about it?

I heard a long time ago that a French version of "No One Has To Cry" was recorded, although I haven't heard it or confirmed that this exists.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Carrie
10-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Wow, that would be cool...it's such a beautiful song, and I'm sure it would sound that way in any language!

The Queen
10-09-2007, 08:03 PM
"No One Has To Cry" in French? wow, what a great song that would be. I know enough French and am using this as an exercise to practice my French to translating this song in my mind.

OMG, I really hope it exists, if not, I'll have the lyrics soon for you, Cy. And hopefully you won't stifle a laugh at my inability to speak French, I was just too nervous to meet you! Honestly, you could have told me you lived in a box on top of the Eiffel Tower and I would have had NO IDEA what on earth you were talking about.

Now I have a chance to redeem myself.:help:

thefixxdotcom
10-10-2007, 08:46 PM
I can confirm it.
The track WAS destined for the 25th Anniversary 2-CD collection.
Undoubtedly the recording will see the light of day eventually, with many other "turtles" in the pond...
maybe we should begin a campaign of wishes, for a STAGE THREE.

The Queen
10-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by thefixxdotcom
I can confirm it.
The track WAS destined for the 25th Anniversary 2-CD collection.
Undoubtedly the recording will see the light of day eventually, with many other "turtles" in the pond...
maybe we should begin a campaign of wishes, for a STAGE THREE.

OMG! great! looking forward to all the turtles...what the heck does that mean?

thefixxdotcom
10-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Maybe I should've said "snail"... (shrug)
Any other suggestions of "things slow" that "take time" to "appear"?

The Queen
10-12-2007, 05:06 AM
OH, duh, this old tortoise is still in her shell.