PDA

View Full Version : Everest Rocks Links

thefixxdotcom
10-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Finally linked the daily video journals on thefixx.com
Sorry it's taken this long. Those who know me know I've been climbing my own hill.
I have to say I'm angry at myself for not checking in sooner on these video podcasts and then I'm more angry that no entertainment news media has picked this story up. Every day here in Los Angeles news broadcasts begin with another Britney Spears "tragedy." It's SICKENING.
Anyway, I lifted some incredible quotes, and photos, but please do watch the daily vidcasts. Amazing. Moving. ENVYING!!
-ed

http://www.thefixx.com/news.shtml

I recommend starting down below at day 3 if you haven't seen it all yet!

Cygnet
10-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks so much, Ed, for the link.
I thought I'd copy Cy's poem that was posted today...and post it here also. It's so beautiful:

October 20, 2007

Far from the towns
Where some pretend to be real
And others panic in the face of reality
There is a high place, the highest place
Where love, the most fickle of emotions
Connects with hope, a thought cast to the future
That becomes this moment
Where strength, the most physical of angels
Whispers and carries me forward.
These words
One wish, one tribe, one eye
Become united
I am transformed by the simple beauty of it all.
C.C.

shoeman
10-20-2007, 07:50 PM
I must say the entry from Day 6 got my attention!!

"saw a sherpa with one shoe......"

musegirl
10-20-2007, 08:13 PM
I loved the part on the video yesterday where Jamie was accompanying the locals in their song. Just amazing. The performance of Driven Out a few days ago was terrific too. Makes me wonder if Cy could also set a second world record -- loudest man to sing on Everest ;)

Katrina
10-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Also there is other stuff on

www.lovehopestrengthfoundation.co.uk too

xx

Carrie
10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I knew the media situation was bad when I mentioned the climb to my brother who's a big follower of mountaineering, and he didn't act like he'd heard of it. Like Cy said, they don't pay attention to people who do good things, only stupid stuff.

I FINALLY got to catch up on all the podcasts Saturday...my computer's too feeble to handle them, so I had to wait, but it was worth it! I'm amazed at how easy they made this climb look :p

fotolinda
10-24-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm catching up now on all the posts and videocasts. Wow. The power of music lives!

The Queen
10-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Carrie
Like Cy said, they don't pay attention to people who do good things, only stupid stuff.

Sad but true.

Katrina
10-24-2007, 11:56 PM
The media situation is picking up a lot ........ front cover of America today, Mike might be on CNN on Saturday, Sky news over here in the UK. So fingers crossed it might start getting more and more press.