PDA

View Full Version : We placed 1st again!

rockerchic
10-28-2007, 09:31 PM
A very busy Halloween weekend. The 4 year old had her very first official Halloween Dance Party. It was loud, chaotic, but so much fun. Her new dancing school hosted a spooktacular evening on Saturday and even had a Haunted Room. Her instructor is an amazing woman who has been through a lot since the beginnng of our dance season. Her husband was in a head on collision and was in a coma. Still in critical condition and will be laid up in the hospital for almost a year. Despite that Ms. Michelle still manages to still teach and continue to show her students how to have some fun! The evening ended with her shouting out to all the kids to do "The Soldier", in which I was totally surprised to see the children of all ages and including my daughter doing a choreographed Hip Hop Dance. My lil' one never told me she was learning this and gave me the best unrehearsed dance show ever. I was filled with tears of pride the whole time!

Today, my 18 month old made me just as proud. Our town had the annual Halloween Parade and costume contest. This year we were Disney Princesses. I was Cinderella ( uh oh, the family and husband were starting to like my new look as a blond!), Kayleigh was Ariel, and Shannon was Belle. I decorated their wagon for the parade to be like a coach and my husband was the coachman with the ruffled shirt and patriot style hat ( he was not thrilled with his looks as his dad was in attendance and making jabs at him for this frilly shirt!) The girls were very animated to those watching from the sidelines. Kayleigh won honorable mention. My Princess Belle took first place ( making this 2 years in a row!!). Shannon was a natural on the stage. She held her Beast doll and candle character out so the crowd can see as she paraded around and did a little dance of her own to further please the judges. Last to exit the stage, she waved and blew kisses all the way off the stage. Beaming and glowing as she seem to understand she had won a special prize - The 1st place trophy! She kept saying prize and smiling! These are the days I will treasure always!
One more parade on Halloween and then Parties. They are keeping me quite busy these days!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL!:devil: :cheers:

Carrie
10-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Aww, sounds so cute! Congrats to your little ones!

I'm going to be doing "Pumpkin Patrol" with my friend Halloween night. It's where ham radio operators sit in their cars near bridges that pass over highways to discourage people who like to throw pumpkins (and other stuff) down onto the oncoming traffic. Sad that there's a need for this, but it helps, and it'll be a rewarding event to do with my friend.

And of course, we'll be celebrating the soon-to-be-released Cy album :D

rockerchic
10-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Will you be listening to "Smashing Pumpkins"?:laugh: That is really sad that there should be a need for that. Make sure you have the Fixx playing to help pass the time. Okay I may sound like a dimwit in asking but what is a ham radio?:confused:

Carrie
10-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Ham radio is another term for amateur radio...this (http://www.hello-radio.org/whatis.html) is a good explanation of it. While you aren't allowed to play music in the background while transmitting, we may be sneaking the boys in while we're just listening in. I'm not familiar with the Smashing Pumpkins' stuff, but I don't think they're my cup of tea. Dan loooves Mayfly so maybe we'll play that to celebrate the new Cy album? :p