PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake Here Tonight

Doctor Roger
10-30-2007, 11:23 PM
In case you didn't here yet, we had a major earthquake here in San Jose tonight at 8:04 p.m. I was on the computer and the whole house shook like it was going to collapse. It was very violent and reminded me on the '89 quake with it's intensity.

I just heard it was "only" a 5.6 magnitude, but it was centered 3 miles from here! It felt like Hell was going to open up..... Now the whole area is waiting for the aftershocks. I'll tell you, it was truly scary as my kids live with my ex and all the cell services were overloaded until rcently. All is OK and thanks to Ed and all those who called/contacted me.

Dr. Roger

The Queen
10-31-2007, 06:01 AM
Glad to hear you are OK Roger. I have never been in an earthquake, and cannot imagine the feeling. Take care.

shellular
10-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Glad to hear you're okay! Take care!
:)

EquestrianGrl78
10-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Roger, I'm happy to hear that you are alright. I've been through several earthquakes and it truly is a frightening thing. Take Care!:)

Doctor Roger
10-31-2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks All !

SHELLULAR ..... Are you guys going to Henderson (Vegas) ??

Dr. Roger

The Flow
10-31-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey Roger,

Glad you made it thru unscathed! Believe me, I know how scary that can be. When it comes down to it in the end, it all depends on where you are at the time!

The scariest night of my life was the Northridge quake in 94. I thought the world was coming to an end. We lost the chimney on our house, my wife's car, and everything in our kitchen. there's not a day goes by that I don't think about it!

Hopefully the earth will settle down up there for a while and you can get some peace. Stay safe and see you in Henderson.

Andrew

Fixxation
11-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Hello Doc,

Living in CA too, I know what it is like. Just glad that you and your family are safe.

We had a few Earthquakes here near Lake Elsinore and given our proximity to that area we really felt the jolt. We are about 10 miles away from the epicenter. I can image how it must have felt.

Take care,

Fixxation

Carrie
11-01-2007, 02:24 PM
California has sure had it's share of tribulation recently...here's hoping it doesn't come in threes, and that things have settled down!

tenohtwo
11-05-2007, 06:01 PM
Glad you are ok, but for some odd reason I saw the subject and thought you were talking about the comic, and were maybe announcing him tonight.

Stay safe.

Doctor Roger
11-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey 1002,

Is there a comic named "earthquake"??

I hope to see you and everyone else in Henderson. Thanks,

Dr. Roger

tenohtwo
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah, African-American comic - a big guy! I've heard some of his stuff on Howard Stern, and he's been a guest on there too. Pretty funny guy.

Won't be in Henderson, but I will be at the Scottsdale gig.

Cygnet
11-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Won't be at the Scottsdale gig but I will be in Henderson (along with Robnet). I didn't feel the earthquake down here in San Juan Capistrano, but I'm so glad that you and yours are okay, Roger!

I hope everybody else up there is okay too!

Cyg