PDA

View Full Version : A Special Gift!

rockerchic
12-25-2007, 09:46 AM
:cool: :goodie: :D A very special gift was received on Christmas Eve. I want to send a heartfelt thank you to Bradluke 0 and Cindy. If I could hug you right now I certainly would! One of the nicest gifts that I ever received! I will treasure it always and it will be hung near my computer where I spend a majority of my free time here on The Message Board and MySpace. Thank you to The Fixxtures ( especially Dr. Roger as I understand you worked your magic to make this happen) and The Fixx band members for their role in making this gift special. For those who are reading this that haven't a clue what I am talking about. ~ Brad had "Reach the Beach" album signed by the band members. It was showcased and dedicated to me. A plaque with the following inscribed -
To: Sherri
In appreciation for your support, dedication, and inspiration, you rock!

Cy wrote - "To Rockerchic" - "Thanks for being so inspiring to me - much love Cy"

Jamie wrote -
"Sherri - Thanks for your generosity & encouragement!"

Gary, Adam, and Rupert signed their names.

This was truly a wonderful surprise! I feel so lucky and loved by a community that is united by people with so much spirit and warmth! Most of you, including Brad, whom I actually never met! I feel we are all kindred souls somehow! I did not even think the members of The Fixx would have a clue who I may be even though I have attended their New Jersey/New York City shows. Thank you for acknowledging me in this unique way! You all made my Christmas one to remember and a happy ending to a tough year! THANK YOU and MUCH LOVE! Happy Holidays everyone!
Love and Hugs - Sherri ( aka Rockerchic) - from Union, New Jersey - U.S.A

P.S. - Brad I called your cell phone last night and left you a message. Call me if you get time. It is almost noon here so I am off to visit my in-laws for Christmas Day! Have a great Holiday Brad and Cindy!:angel: :love: :love:

shoeman
12-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Congratulations, Sherri!!

And what a thoughtful deed from Brad, Cindy, Dr. Roger and The Fixx!!

That's beautiful........

:)

Carrie
12-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Congrats Sherri, glad to hear you're the "mystery person"! :p

rockerchic
12-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks Shoeman and Carrie for your congratulatory remarks! Pictures will be linked soon on MySpace page.

The Queen
12-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Congrats Sherri!

When the word got out on this, I thought of you first and I was right, you deserve it! You worked really hard this year promoting The Fixx and LHS, great work and well noticed by those who notice these things!

Kudos!

Doctor Roger
12-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi Sherri !

I'm so glad you got that gift by Christmas. Please note that this was entirely Brad's idea and doing. All I did was to get the band to sign and deliver it back to Brad.

You totally deserve all the props and praise for all you've done this year, I'm just glad if I can help in small ways here and there.

Thanks Brad for a great idea, a great gesture, and all should know it was all you dude! Hats off to you for your idea and your zeal in Vegas.

Happy New Year To All,

Dr. Roger

rockerchic
12-29-2007, 01:53 AM
I have the photos of my gift posted on MySpace as you know me that I can never get my photos on this board because I can't resize them since I am "techie challenged"!:o Hopefully the address I put here can link you there. More photos from Love,Hope,Strength will be added by the New Year too. ( I got a little side tracked as it seems like my year will end the way it started. Kevin's dad had a heart attack/congestive heart failure this week! God is putting us to some kind of test over here!)
The gift really made my year! :love: :goodie: Hope everyone here at this Special Group has a very Happy and Healthy New Year!:cheers:
Now go check me out at MySpace - Sherri
www.myspace.com/jerseyrockerchic

bradluke0
12-29-2007, 10:23 AM
hi all! sherri , it great talking with you the other day,seemed like 10 minutes but ,wow , it was about an hour. Really was great sharing stories and such. After speaking with you (finally!) it made it a little more fun to brighten your day just a little.I think everyone here has it just right....your hard work for LHS and to our boys in general just kinda made it easy to recognize that. To everyone , I am a member of 3 other message boards and by far this is the most friendly with the best people , by far. The band and their fans do indeed have much to be proud of. Hope all of you have a great New Years........ brad

P.S. sure would like a close up picture of that album, like a dork , I forgot to take one

rockerchic
12-29-2007, 10:49 AM
The link to MySpace listed in the post right above yours has the photos. Just click on it and it will take you there.
I can also send you actual copies via mail to your address. I think I have SpechTech' s address. I tried to do a close up of the album but there is a glare. I will play around with the camera again later to see if I can reduce the glare. It was very nice to speak with you. Yeah I have the gift of gab - sorry I did not realize how long I was on the phone! I was just so intrigued by your story of Vegas and your excellent choice of music! By the way, I think you appropriately chose "Reach the Beach". Many of my favorite songs are on there and it was one of the 1st of The Fixx collection that I ever purchased except mine is on cassette. The other reason being that the beach is my favorite place. The color coordinates well with this here message board as well as the curtain that hangs not far from it. I am planning on hanging some of my Fixx photos near it. I will take a picture when the project gets completed. Hope you and Cindy are having a great weekend and the Happiest New Year! Hugs xo - Sherri :cheers:

heimo
01-01-2008, 05:03 AM
Congratulation, Sherry!
I think everything is said before. You have done a lot and totally deserve it.
And after meeting you in New York at the Nokia I know what a special kind of person you are.
Wish you a happy new year + alle the best!
Take care, Heimo

Carrie
12-26-2008, 08:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/betera/theFixx110808/DSCF0524.jpg

As you can see, Brad worked his magic for me this year - I was wondering who had sent me a package, then really had a mystery on my hands when I saw the size of it! As a former Mail Boxes Etc. employee, I have to say, Brad sure knows his packing! I couldn't really make out the shipping label, but thought it said Florida, and when I opened it, I had no doubt who it was from! I'm just in shock it's for lil' ol' me...Brad thanks me for being a great fan on a tag that doesn't show in the picture, but I'm as enthusiastic as I am only because I want to shout out to the world how special it feels to be a friend of a band and its fans that care so much about each other. The guys go out of their way to be true friends to us, which has to be a huge effort and a fine line to walk when there are so many of us, five of them, and never enough time in the day. And the fans are gracious indeed, allowing each other our time with the boys, even sharing it, and truly enjoying our time spent together, whether on MySpace, Facebook, or our cherished real-life meetups! Brad is a fine, fine example of someone who thinks of other Fixx friends and is fun to be around, as we found out in Vegas this year. My only hope is that I will be worthy of his gift by emulating him!

Some more truly giving individuals feature in the pic by way of their gifts to me - Muserella at cycurnin.com and Asuka, who gave me the song book! I've been moved nearly to tears more than once this season!

Thank you very much, Brad, and all of you, Fixx and Fixxtures, for being the best friends anyone could dream of having, and who we actually do have :D

rockerchic
12-26-2008, 08:30 PM
I know you are enjoying Brad's Special gift! What a wonderful man he is!
That is why on Facebook last week I was asking you to elaborate on a gift you had received thinking you may have got it earlier. I did not want to let the cat out of the bag so I chose my words carefully!;)

Here is to Brad for pulling it off again!:cheers:

dee
12-27-2008, 12:10 PM
wow that is great congrats rockerchic and carrie what a wonderful christmas gift!!! the fixx rock that's for sure!!! dee:wave: :cheers: :wave:

EquestrianGrl78
12-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Aww Carrie, congrats on the Fixx gifts! That's so special, what a great Christmas gift! :)

Alicia

heimo
12-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Great gifts, Carrie. I am wondering about the "Saved by zero"-Cover. I have it as a picture vinyl and a totally different black/white cover.
Tace care and hope to meet you in the near futur...

Carrie
12-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I thought I had seen other Saved by Zero sleeves too. What strikes me about this one is that the recent Toyota commercial didn't just copy the song with another band; it looks like their artwork was heavily influenced by this cover (it featured a big red zero on a white background)! I doubt it's a coincidence.

shoeman
12-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Carrie: Congratulations!! Very happy for you.

Brad and Cindy: You're the greatest!!

:tup:

bradluke0
12-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Hi all ! Thanks for the kind words . The guys were very receptive to signing the cover for Carrie . We asked them to sign after the Saturday show in Vegas . We figured doing these frames would be a good idea after we saw something similar at the Hard Rock . The guy at the Frame Factory that lays these out is a big FIXX fan , he was at the show some months back at Janus Landing . Maybe next year we can all participate and help choose who our next victim will be . Do you all think this would be a good idea ? Dont forget the guys are the ones who makes all of this possible , huge props to them...............hope you all have a great new year .....brad

Carrie
12-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Count me in...I'll help with nominations/$$/getting memorabilia & having it signed (provided the guys are willing to meet and greet, of course)! It's the least I can do, being a recipient! :tup:

rockerchic
12-30-2008, 06:40 PM
I can think of a few people deserving of your gifts ;)