PDA

View Full Version : Fixx Sightings and Sounds

rockerchic
01-20-2008, 01:48 PM
My dad called me earlier today because a program entitled "The Ugliest House" had a woman doing some demolition on a home in Southern Florida and she was wearing a light pink shirt that said - "The Fixx". Hmmm ...? Wonder if she has ever been here on the message board.
Fixx sounds also in my local Walgreen's Drugstore. I thought maybe I was hearing things and stopped to focus and "One Thing Leads to Another" was on. :cool: :D

Carrie
01-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Well, it's not a "heard on" or "seen on" moment, but Dan was in a used CD store Saturday and not only found and bought a copy of Ink, but was given a No One Has To Cry promo copy by the owner...he's putting me to shame in the fan department these days! :o

msmith1
01-20-2008, 08:15 PM
LOL! Sherri!
I had the SAME experience yesterday! Was walking into the Safeway market just as the opening strains of One Thing started up...I was like.."did they know I was coming in to shop, or what???" LOL!
Kim:tup:

rockerchic
01-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Hey Msmith1 maybe "One Thing" is a subliminal message to shop more or a personal reminder of some sort . Than there is the "Save by Zero" that we used to have in the ads for purchasing vehicles. Did you get an ear to ear grin when you heard the song as you entered the store? I know I was!:D

Hope things are well with you these days!

msmith1
01-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Hey Sherri!
We got your card...thanks!
That's a great pic of you, with your special Fixx gift!
Kim:)

pippi617
01-22-2008, 11:39 AM
We were having lunch shortly after returning to SoCal last Fall and as soon as we sat down, "The Sign Of Fire" started. They must of known it was Rick's favourite FIXX song.

:cheers:

EquestrianGrl78
01-22-2008, 11:53 AM
I was at a gas station where I live and just as I was about to pay for the gas, One Thing came on and I forgot to how much I was paying!! Hahahaha, and I blurted out " The Fixx rules"! She must have thought that I was a total wacko!:)

The Queen
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
The funny thing is that I don't often hear them played while in stores, but other people that know me will hear a Fixx song while they are out and about...and have to tell me! they always say they cannot listen to a song by The Fixx without thinking of me. My goodness. :p

shoeman
07-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Sat down to dinner at O'Charley's. A variety of songs was playing.

Then, as I was munching chicken strips and broccoli casserole, we heard Saved By Zero!! in its full stereophonic glory.

Here's the spot:

http://www.ocharleys.com

Be sure to check out the menu....
;)

pipsqueak
08-02-2008, 06:46 PM
:eek: AaaH!!!!

they're HERE
in my bedroom
right now!

on the Stereo..
That counts though...
for something I'm sure.

They're sounding ah-bit off
:o
No wait,
that's me.
Sorry bout dat.
:)

Hey look at my Avatar

:o {I'll jump.. make that step... ( to fly away )

...........Send it high, so high...........
Here and now is all that I can be
It's okay, we can find a way...........

klabernz
08-03-2008, 08:58 AM
I've heard The Sign of Fire recently at our local Publix grocery store and Home Depot here in FL. I'm fairly certain I was the only person in both stores who knew all of the words (or, unfortunately, knew of the song and maybe the band at all)!

Kathleen

buffalo-girl
08-03-2008, 10:50 AM
i too win a local drug store last week and about 2 minutes after i was there one thing leads to another started and i said to hubby cool the fixx i will keep coming into this store now lol bill just lauged at me as usual dee:wave: :love:

fixxfanatic
08-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Queen.....I have the same issue....people say they think of me when they hear a Fixx song. Wild! I tell them they should think about buying some Fixx tickets, DVDs, or merch!

And anytime I am in a store and hear a Fixx song I will always linger around!

I have Sirius radio and find I can get a small fix of The Fixx on channels 8, 12, and 22. Try it yourself!

pipsqueak
08-03-2008, 04:50 PM
awe hell be like me and dash the middle man..
Bye like ten or more and just randomly gift them to some folks!
Believe you me it is so worth it.
Cause like I picked out several people I worked with..
all different ages and styles...
and got back the most lovely input on how they felt about them!
Folks just LOVE surprises and find it difficult to get themselves to stray from the norm
& I'm not, normal that is, unfortunately.

Please
give it a try
you've already been blessed with the awareness of them
so don't dare it SHARE it...
have ah heart and realize how COOL it really is :):tup:

hazelnut
08-03-2008, 06:18 PM
I think it's cool that your dad thought of you and called you! My mom was just over babysitting when we last saw them, and she was like, "Who is it again, the Styx??" I've only been listening to them for about 23 years now. :confused:

My friend called me up when she saw the sign advertising the Fixx coming to Reno. Although when she called I was seeing the Fixx in Chicago. :p

thebunbun
08-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Same here klabernz! I was in the deli at Publix about a month ago and heard the Fixx, I said Hey Tom! He looked over at me and I pointed up and said The Fixx! I was grinning ear to ear!

We were watching VH1 last night, the 100 greatest 80's songs, they were showing the Bangles Walk Like an Egyptian, Cy was on for a second groovin' to it. I didn't see it from the beginning so I missed most of it. It was cool to see Cy though. :D

The Queen
08-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Speaking of grocery stores,

I was driving out of a crowded grocery store parking lot the other day, in my red car, and as usual "Red Skies" was playing, I had all the windows down, coz it was still hot in the car after sitting in the blaring sun, and I hadn't gotten the car cooled down yet.

I stopped to let a woman walk cross in front of me to get to her car, and she's holding up the side of her head like she's got a blistering headache, it was about 95 degrees at least with 95% humidity or so...so I'm thinking, I should turn down my stereo, how rude, nothing worse than people blasting their music all over creation and someone's got a headache, and I'm prolly adding to hers, no matter how much I love my Fixx music, loud is loud, and it prolly isn't helping her....suddenly she stops abruptly in front of my car, next to my driver side window, drops her hand from her head, looks around, looks at me red car, hears the 'Red Skies' song, starts smiling, and then gives me the 'thumbs up' hand sign, and says "I LIKE IT! I like it all!" looking over my car and acknowledging my music selection! I politely smiled and said, 'thank you, you have good taste too!' Best part, she didn't seem to have a headache anymore.

Carrie
09-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Here's a funny Fixx story...

My boyfriend Dan told me last night that he got called down to the boss's office for help resolving an issue. His boss says, "You aren't going on vacation to see that band again, are you? Who are they again"? Dan tells him "the Fixx" and he replies, "Oh. Ohhhh! I like them! I wouldn't go to Las Vegas to see them, like you did, but I'd go see them if they came near here". Cool, maybe we could bring his boss to the show with us, although then I'd have to behave! Anyway, the boss ends the conversation by referring to the mathematical issue they were working on, saying, "Well, you know, one thing leads to another! And we're not saved by zero"! Color me impressed that his boss knew more than one song...I usually have to get a few bars into One Thing before I even get the "ohhh yeah"! :tup:

Fixxed07
09-19-2008, 11:51 PM
I have been hearing alot of Fixx Songs on the radio here in Vegas on the 80s station. I heard One Thing today as matter of fact while driving around.

I am getting excited about November and the Green Valley shows. Will be going to them for sure. I have not gone completely belly up from The Police shows in 07 and 08..haha.

I sadly missed them in July at Sunset Station cuz my boyfriend had just been hospitalized a few weeks earlier and I was constantly caring for him.

So....now the question is....Who is coming to Vegas???

Carrie and Dan are you in? I hope so...miss you guys
Pippi you will be there I am sure...who else am I missing?

I have sometimers....its the damndest thing. Oh yeah Carrie I am gonna shoot you an email so keep you eyes out for it ok.

Sorry to have been a total stranger...but my god...alot of stuff going on and way too personal for me to post here...sorry.

Carrie
09-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey Shannon! Sadly, Dan and I probably won't make it this year...I'm starting yet another new job 10/6, and I won't get vacation till the first of the year...bummer! I'm reeeeally hoping for a closer weekend show!

Talk to you on email soon! :cool:

Edit: Just saw in your other post that you have a new job too! We have the same luck - congrats! :tup:

KITTYkls70
09-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Yes, I'm guilty of watching an Access Hollywood video of Clay Aiken and his coming out interviews with Diane Sawyer [blush]... but take a listen at about the :42 mark...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/26894772#26894772

... is that "We Don't Own the World" being used as background music? It's not the original recording if it is, in fact, that song... but it sure sounds a lot like it.

:shh:

Carrie
09-29-2008, 09:43 AM
It does have some similarity...hope they were influenced by it, at least!

DanBoutin
04-27-2009, 09:42 AM
While listening to the Stephanie Miller show (very funny BTW - http://www.stephaniemiller.com/), they played Secret Separation as the intro music coming back from a commercial break this morning.

dee
04-28-2009, 04:31 AM
yesterday i went to the chiropractor and got in the car and put jack fm on as soon as i did one thing leads to another started playing so i cranked it up and started singing to it people at the red lights were just looking at me like i was nuts cause i was jamming to it bill was driving that's a good thing lol dee:wave:

rockerchic
05-26-2009, 02:14 PM
I could not believe my ears when my mom said Fixx CD's were for sale at a local chain store named Conway. I almost didn't believe my eyes either but it was true as I got my hands on a circular and there before me was The Fixx's CD - "the Encore Collection" -Extended Versions ( which by the way totally ROCKS!) anyhow they were selling them for $2.99 and it was advertised as "CD's of Favorite Songs" (they certainly got that right!)
other CD's lumped with The Fixx in this ad were The Temptations, and The Shirelles, & Eric Burden and The Animals. Thought it was a very interesting variety! :)

thebunbun
07-23-2009, 02:21 AM
I was in Publix again last week on the bread aisle and my ear caught "Sign of Fire" :D Love it!

Asuka
08-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Fixxed07

So....now the question is....Who is coming to Vegas???

puleeze tell me it's not the weekend of the 15th nov. please?

Carrie
08-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Asuka
puleeze tell me it's not the weekend of the 15th nov. please?

Actually, Shannon was speaking of last year's GVR show above, so you didn't miss it ;) Henderson, NV is a possibility for Cy's November tour, but we'll have to see what date (there's another thread on this topic).

Steve Pariseau
09-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Fox News used One Thing this morning as a leader between commerical breaks. I was surprised to hear it.

thebunbun
02-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Caught "Sign of Fire" at Publix again this time on the frozen food aisle! Also heard "One Thing Leads to Another" on the HLN network on a commercial advertising 3 of their talkshows, one was Joy Behar. I saw it over a week ago. Don't know if anyone else caught it (I've been offline more than usual lately) but it wasn't our Fixx singing it.

edelweiss
02-03-2010, 10:42 AM
For the last few months on HLN an ad for Nancy Grace they play just the chorus One Thing Leads to Another over and over.

hazelnut
02-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I noticed that, but wasn't sure if it was mentioned here. At first I just saw it with ads for her show, but later for the Joy Behar show as well, and other headline news program. Seemed like a strange choice to me for headline "news" but I'm glad they chose it!

Diamond05
03-30-2010, 06:54 PM
DJ Richard Blade on Sirius/Xm's first wave said during the outro of SOFall that there's Cy Curnin- and he will be out on the road this summer with boys with some new material and to stay tuned....

So im assuming RB got the info that the new cd is around the corner. Hope we learn more as the days grow long... they gotta be establishing tour dates already...

; )

Diamond05
03-30-2010, 06:54 PM
DJ Richard Blade on Sirius/Xm's first wave said druring the outro of SOFall that there's Cycurnin- and he will be out on the road this summer with boys with some new material and to stay tuned....

So im assuming he got the info that the new cd is around the corner. Hope we learn more as they days grow long...

; )

Diamond05
03-30-2010, 06:55 PM
DJ Richard Blade on Sirius/Xm's first wave said during the outro of SOFall that there's Cy Curnin- and he will be out on the road this summer with boys with some new material and to stay tuned....

So im assuming RB got the info that the new cd is around the corner. Hope we learn more as they days grow long... they gotta be establishing tour dates already...

; )

Diamond05
03-30-2010, 06:55 PM

So im assuming RB got the info that the new cd is around the corner. Hope we learn more as the days grow long... they gotta be establishing tour dates already...

; )

tenohtwo
03-31-2010, 09:31 AM
No wonder you have so many posts Diamond ;)

Diamond05
03-31-2010, 02:29 PM
on the contrary-

(laughing... ) almost ALL of my posts on this site are FIXX related- not what i had for dinner, what color the neighbor's dog's poop was yesterday or some other trivial bull****... I think thats why this board has gone to hell because it became more about peoples own life-tales and not so much about the boys... I hope the egomaniacs have all signed up on twitter ! LOL! j/k! AS long as ya post, and support the boys, thats all that really matters i guess....

Hope the ball gets rollin, once again when the new stuff makes its way to the surface....

Come on new material....

listened toall about you in my classroom today and the kids got up and starting grooving to it..

usually they all gripe about 80s stuff, but for some reason, today they dug it...... : )

dIII

Steve Pariseau
03-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Lol Diamond. Back before social network sites existed fan message boards was where people met and shared the trivial life stuff. Notice most of that banter has moved off board. Even when it IS here it is posted in the Outside forum so those who can't be bothered with name that movie don't have to weed through the socializing. Even now some band related info is exchanged via social network and doesn't make it to the message board unless a fan comes back here and posts it. It is the evolution of social networking. (See my post in shaking the **** can).

Diamond05
03-31-2010, 08:32 PM
yeah i know Steve- yer right... i just feel an obligation to this board and they great peeps here and all the long time posters that have met at shows and became friends thru here- now its cobwebs and tumbleweeds... kinda disheartening after soooo long....

tenohtwo
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
I just posted that because your Richard Blade post duplicated 4 times!

Diamond05
04-01-2010, 07:24 PM
ooops my bad- its weird with my mac- i hit ok to send/ok a post and it takes forever for it to upload- seems a lot slower than it ever did before- and i get some weird *** message when it finally goes thru.... ???

Diamond05
04-01-2010, 07:26 PM
sorry 10-0-2....... king crimson fans :

i repeat myself under stress- i repeat myself under stress- i repeat myself under stress- i repeat myself under stress- i repeat myself under stress- i repeat myself under stress-

Diamond05
04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
this is a test- im trying to do a screen capture of that message- bear with my nonsense!

tenohtwo
04-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Diamond05
sorry 10-0-2....... king crimson fans :

i repeat myself under stress- i repeat myself under stress- i repeat myself under stress- i repeat myself under stress- i repeat myself under stress- i repeat myself under stress-

Ha. Ya know, I just learned the other day that "Thela Hun Ginjeet" is an anagram of "heat in the jungle". Never knew that before. New York is a dangerous place..

Still my favorite KC album.

Oh, and I also see some sort of warning code at the top of the page after I post. Doesn't seem to affect anything for me.

"Warning: Unable to access ./admin/badwords.php in /home/virtual/site34/fst/var/www/html/badmin/functions.php on line 1235

Warning: Failed opening './admin/badwords.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /home/virtual/site34/fst/var/www/html/badmin/functions.php on line 1235"

Diamond05
04-02-2010, 10:13 AM
i tried to get that in a screen capture last night- but it never grabs the very top of the page- so after 4 tries, i gave up- i didnt wanna have 6 more redundant posts! ; )

JEANNIE29
04-03-2010, 09:31 PM
It's only talk
talk, talk
babble, burble, banter,
bicker, bicker, bicker,
boulderdash, brouhaha, ballyhoo
It's only talk.
:D

Jeannie

rockerchic
04-06-2010, 11:43 AM
I think thats why this board has gone to hell because it became more about peoples own life-tales and not so much about the boys... I hope the egomaniacs have all signed up on twitter ! LOL! j/k! AS long as ya post, and support the boys

People's own life tales is what makes life interesting unless of course you don't have a life! My life stories would make it on the Lifetime Network ;) Quit bein' a hater - ya' turn people off from coming around here! I know that for a fact! Your just kidding is done on a square cause' I've seen your posts with a lil' sarcasm wherever you think you can get away with it. I have met people at concerts that don't feel very welcomed here and that is pathetic!
I may have negative **** that I vent about on occasion here (because I thought some of us are friends!) and I usually mean no harm to anyone with my venting . I can assure you I never try to attack my fellow boardies just for their posts that is up until now - you are often negative to those that enjoy each other's company here! Try some respect!

RoboCoaster
06-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Seriously, I've heard "One Thing Leads" all over the place recently. At least four times in about two weeks, including the Jack FM here in Vegas, Trader Joes, and McDonald's!

As an example, as I walked into The Egg works at 7:40am on Sat June 5th, it started playing in the restaurant. It was a great way to start my vaca as after breakfast I headed to the airport to go to Kings Island and Cedar Point in Ohio for some coaster-riding. :)

Interestingly, it's the only song I've been hearing by The Fixx recently, but it's always fun to look around and see whose digging it (mouthing the chorus, tapping their feet, etc).

Steve Pariseau
06-12-2010, 02:25 PM
I keep hearing it in a commercial on TV. I don't recall what is being advertised as I'm usually at work and can't pay attention to it.
Also, Saved by Zero was used by the Mark & Brian radio program for bumper music either on Thursday.

thebunbun
06-19-2010, 07:42 PM
While having lunch at Brooklyn's Original Pizza today, I heard Tina Turner's You Better Be Good To Me.

While it's not a Fixx song, it's got Jamie and it made my day! :D

Cary C-Troll
06-21-2010, 05:31 PM
One Thing Leads To Another came on and everyone in our group wearing headphones turned and looked at me. They all held up their hands for "station #5" to make sure I caught it : )

JEANNIE29
06-22-2010, 07:55 AM
I took my 82 year old mother outlet mall shopping in Tuscola,Illinois and One Thing came on - not the muzak version either. We were both in the dressing room trying on stuff and, when I heard it, I yelled over to her in the next room to listen to the song. She always says, "Isn't that your Cy that you like?" I was singing along until I remembered where I was and that we weren't alone in there. Sorry to all the other customers within earshot 'cause I REALLY can't sing.:o

Jeannie

Asuka
07-17-2010, 09:06 AM
So I was in the grocery store, headed for the hot dog buns, when OTLTA came on. I was happily jammin' along and it made my day!

cageyJG
08-14-2010, 09:05 PM
On Coast to Coast AM Aug. 13th, in good company with Frank Sinatra, Phil Collins, The Cure, David Bowie & Styx. Damn skippy.

cageyJG
11-17-2010, 04:51 PM
'Red Skies' in bumper music on a.m. radio today...

...But the best was 'One Thing Leads to Another' yesterday on the new 'Glory Daze' t.v. show. Did anyone else tune in right before Conan O'Brien? :cheers: The entire hour was completely full of New Wave. And I don't care if critics give it crappy reviews! What, you thought they would get down crying and kneeling before a t.v. show based on an '80s frat?
http://www.tbs.com/shows/glorydaze/

Steve Pariseau
11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
I was shopping at Trader Joe's in San Jose and their too hip music included Deeper & Deeper - and the long version no less. I stayed to hear the whole thing even though I was checking out and pretty much done.

Wilkie UK
11-18-2010, 02:30 AM
Literally listening right now to Planet Rock across the web in the UK, and they're playing 'Cameras In Paris' :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie: :goodie:

Cary C-Troll
11-25-2010, 07:51 AM
at Joe's Crab Shack in Waterside, Norfolk. They had a great compilation of music from the past 4 decades. Thought 'I bet they've got The Fixx in the mix' - and they did : )

shoeman
11-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Now how likely is this?

Heard "The Sign Of Fire" over the speakers at a McDonald's in Glencoe, AL. Jaw-dropper. That quiet little rural town rocks out to The Fixx?

And yes, I did have fries with that.
But I didn't super-size 'em....

;)

yyzed
11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Two weeks ago when the Eagles beat up the Redskins on MNF, ESPN played a snippet of OTLTA as they went to commercial.

thebunbun
12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Last week at work I heard OTLTA and Better Be Good To Me.

Steve Pariseau
01-03-2011, 10:37 AM
I was at a KFC in Santa Clara a week ago. Enjoyed Secret Separation sandwiched between Tears for Fears and David Bowie.

Steve Pariseau
01-03-2011, 10:38 AM
I was at a KFC in Santa Clara a week ago. Enjoyed Secret Separation sandwiched between Tears for Fears and David Bowie.

cageyJG
01-31-2011, 12:44 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/33jn58i.png